The official PARTS FOR SALE/WANTED thread! - Page 45
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 111 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, The official PARTS FOR SALE/WANTED thread! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by 1980coupe At first did not know what they were from seeing them on LIL. But now I ...
    fool2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Deville Concourse, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham Coupe

Re: The official PARTS FOR SALE/WANTED thread!

Quote Originally Posted by 1980coupe View Post
    At first did not know what they were from seeing them on LIL. But now I know...I believe I have two front bumper guards in my little storage unit. I will take a look tomorrow morning and I will advise you what I find. I will respond through LIL, since this website takes forever to load on my phone at home...
    i found one at the junk yard today, thanks though

csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

I have the complete front header from my old 90. It has no dents, was brown, spray painted white, has fillers, lights and blinkers. I also have the bumper in good condition, too. Can get pics but its the front end in the COTM for feb. $1.3 mil or best offer. I dont really have a price for this and I know shipping is expensive so price it out and make an offer. It 6x3x2 and weights 50lbs(this is just an estimate on size and weight of the header panel). If you need the header panel or bumper, just let me know. I'll sell this stuff pretty cheap, probably $75 above shipping.

85 FLEETWOOD COUPE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

Looking for a all chrome 93-96 bigbody grill message me

akimball442 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '81 CDV, '84 Olds 98 Coupe, '81 MB 300D,'73 450SL, '88 300SE

WDB 80-85 Fleetwood Coupe rocker trim/moldings

Hello- I have an 81 CDV and I'm looking to upgrade ther rocker moldings if anyone has a Fleetwood coupe they're parting out. I'd like to purchase the stainless pieces that attach to and around the doors, if nothing else. I know the peices from a sedan will fit from behind the rear wheel well, and in front of the front wheel well.

I'd need both sides- for a reasonable price.

I would also be interested in a Fleetwood hood ornament in good condition, as I don't care for the one on the Deville which has no wreath.

Thanks in advance if anyone has some!

1980coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

I have seen a few sets for sale on this website www.layitlow.com
    search under forums, then classifieds, vehicle parts classifieds, then 80-92 Fleetwood Brougham Classifieds
    Here is where you see them pop up..
    here's a link to one and guy is online right now
    http://www.layitlow.com/forums/32-ve...c-rockers.html
    There's a a guy selling the belt line chrome, which is what I speak of below this. He is asking $200
    which pieces are you referring to and around the door? You mean the trim that goes from the header, hood, door, qtr panel, back around vinyl and back the other way? I think I may have a Fleetwood hood ornament, have to look through my box of goodies...

Quote Originally Posted by 1980coupe View Post
    I have a good set of fillers for an 80s cadillac, whether coupe sedan or fleetwood
    2 front bumper fillers
    2 rear fillers
    1 under license plate filler
    $200 shipped

If you need other fillers, front headlight fillers or trunk fillers, let me know and I can get you those as well to go along with these (at an additional small fee )
    Still got these...
    have not heard from the guy that wants them??

The pieces outlined in the photo. Thanks to the internet for that pic.

I could see spending $200.00 for a complete set... seems the link I looked at there had the pieces for over $700, or did I miss something???

Why are these parts so expensive? I own 5 older Mercedes- and in the Mercedes community we trade these sorts of body trim parts back and forth for next to nothing. The Cadillac community used to be the same way

I paid $750 for the car, and it's basically in good shape. I am getting it painted, but the bottom of the door is a little rough on the driver side. I also like the look of the 'bigger' moldings on the Fleetwood vs the Deville- The Deville molding just covers the rocker only, and no part of the door. The FW moldings would cover up my bit of rust and look quite nice. I just want to enjoy the car without putting any big money into it. I could just buy a mint one if I wanted to do that.

Thanks for the quick replies!!!

jayoldschool is online now GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

The parts are expensive because they are rare, and in demand (for the exact reason you want them).

The cheapest, but not the fastest, way to get them will be to pull them yourself in a junkyard. You'll have to have patience, though.

A little tip: the only ones that are hard to find are the door and sill trims for the Fleet coupes. The front and rear trim is the same on the Fleet coupes and sedans. You can find those anywhere.

Yeah, I know they're rare. I also know I've seen a couple fleetwood coupes in the Junkyards around here, but in NY state, the old cars are mostly gone now. I'll probably have to keep my eyes open and go picking the next time I take a road trip south.

I only gripe about the price because of what has happened in the automotive communities. I don't mind paying for things, so it's not that. Perhaps it's a function of the poor economy that everyone is attempting to profit.

I have a lot of car parts that I've saved from previous vehicles. Typically, I drive cars into the ground, and save the good stuff. If I have what you need, I'll take $20.00 to pay me for the time it took to save it. Maybe more if its a particularly difficult to remove part. I never try to profit because I enjoy preserving old cars, and keeping them alive. That still applies in the vintage Mercedes community-where almost nobody is trying to profit from used parts, so it's a culture shock when I come over here... everything is SO expensive, and the cars are actually cheaper! When it comes to buying new parts, the problem is opposite- the MB parts are much more expensive. I guess it's a wash.

Just hard to imagine spending in excess of $200.00 for trim pieces. Hopefully somebody is feeling generous, or I stumble upon some.

Thanks again for the responses!

Aaron

csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

I feel the same way, some of the prices people post are just crazy...then you see "SOLD" a couple post down and you're like, wow!

I still have some 90 rear taillight fillers also, $75 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by akimball442 View Post

I could see spending $200.00 for a complete set... seems the link I looked at there had the pieces for over $700, or did I miss something???

Why are these parts so expensive? I own 5 older Mercedes- and in the Mercedes community we trade these sorts of body trim parts back and forth for next to nothing. The Cadillac community used to be the same way

I paid $750 for the car, and it's basically in good shape. I am getting it painted, but the bottom of the door is a little rough on the driver side. I also like the look of the 'bigger' moldings on the Fleetwood vs the Deville- The Deville molding just covers the rocker only, and no part of the door. The FW moldings would cover up my bit of rust and look quite nice. I just want to enjoy the car without putting any big money into it. I could just buy a mint one if I wanted to do that.

I think he is asking that much for the entire set you saw in the picture, if you just want one set then I believe he priced it at $400 something. Still that is quite a lot of money and just like jayoldschool mentioned, they are expensive because these parts are rare and sometimes hard to find and especially in good shape..I was lucky to come across a set at the local JY I go to and I scored them very, very cheap. SUPER CHEAP! At another time I found two sets of the sill trims that jayoldschool speaks of in very good shape; one set I sold and the other is on my coupe.
    That is the piece that always gets banged up by the seatbelt if not retracted all the way, the ones I found had absolutely no damage whatsoever....

fool2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Deville Concourse, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by akimball442 View Post

Yeah that stuff is expensive and in high demand. You might find a clean set for $400. I have a set with dings in it I'm willing to pay up to $300 to have repaired. If it can't be done I'll be shopping for a new set too

Fleetwood472 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 78 Fleetwood w/ FI 472/ Switch pitch TH400

Hood emblem removed from a 1980 Coupe Deville. In nice condition. Asking $35 shipped. Thanks - Justin

Attachment 93687Attachment 93688

Bump. $27 shipped.

Was cleaning out my garage today and am getting rid of some stuff i'll never need. Came across this map light removed rom a 78 deville. Is missing the center lense. Free to anyone that wants it. Just let me know. Thanks - Justin

Attachment 93838

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.