Cadillac Owners Forum banner
466K views 2K replies 480 participants last post by  ayilar 
#1 ·
Old post

#1,277 ·
My windshield wipers aren't working correctly, so I'm going to replace the switch. A new one would cost between $130 and $200, and none of the junkyards by me have the switch I need.

The switch I need looks like this:

If anyone has a used one that still works, please PM with a price plus shipping to US 44641. I prefer to pay by PayPal, but can pay by other means.

#1,278 ·
I have a couple, Sven. I'll double check them when I get home and PM you. Does anyone know what years interchange? I know the delay vs non delay is different, I have a couple delay ones but from different years.

Also, Sven, I replaced the switch in my 87 and that didn't fix my wipers. From what I hear it's more common that the problem is the control board for wipers?

#1,279 ·
Yeah, I had a problem with the pulse board on mine. When I went to the part stores, they said they couldn't get a wiper motor for my 85 FWB that also came with the pulse board. But when we looked up the Caprice, it showed tons of them at much cheaper prices. When the caprice one came in, the only difference was the connector plate for the washer fluid hoses. I switched the plate over from my original motor and all's been great since.

#1,281 ·
My wipers were doing the same thing a few years ago (only Med and HI; no delay or mist) and replacing the switch fixed it.

I know the board is going because the washers won't turn off below 32°, but I'm just going to throw another switch at it and see what happens

According to AC DELCO, the same part number was used from 1980-1992, so any of the delay switches should work.

What do you want for shipping to 44641?

#1,284 ·
Deville84 said:
I need helpto find parts for my 84 deville i need the grille and also need the hood emblem does any body no where i can get those for a good price any info would be helpful thanks
Ask in the parts for sale/ wanted thread

What hood ornament do you need? Do you have the center hood trim or not (2 different hood ornaments and they are not interchangable)

#1,288 ·
Hi all, got two caddys, 1's a driver the others a project. I'm lookin for hood ornament either original spring crest or caddy flying goddess, 1piece outside opera lights for 90-92 broughams I believe, blk plastic front end noise dampner?(the piece that connects to each wheel well underneath), and an elec. air diverter solenoid, all for '92 brougham 5.7. Doesn't have to be new, jus functional. For the'70 coupe, 2 headrests, wiper transmission (the lil' gear thingy that the wiper arm connects to). That's all for now, thanx for looking.
P.S. at some point in the future, I'll be lookin for continental wheel kits and classic grills for either one

#1,292 ·
For Sale...Complete Cadillac Factory Service Manual set for 1981 Caddy's. This set has the Advance Service Information Manual , Cadillac Service Information Manual, Electrical Troubleshooting Manual, Chassis and Body Electrical Wiring Diagrams, Digital Fuel Injection Service Manual, Computer Command Control Diagnostic Manual, and lastly a 36 page 1981 Cadillac dealership brochure showing models and options. I would like to get $300 for the lot and would prefer not to break up the set. All manuals are in great condition. Willing to ship also.

#1,301 ·
I've got a couple symphony sound UX1s from the late 80s (the ones with the 5 band eq on them). I would need to see pics of your harness though to make sure they would work. During the late 80s/ early 90s, GM had a few different harness connections in the same vehicles. I guess it took them a few years to complete the changeover.

#1,303 ·
SafariOne said:
Was just at the PICK-A-PART yesterday and the 81 I was looking at had the Height sensor on it and it looked complete. I had never seen one so wasn't sure just what it was until I seen your post and then looked in my manual and sure enough that was it. Not sure where you are or if you want me to grab it next time I'm at the wreckers. I'm sure the A.I.R is there also as the only thing I noticed that was missing was the rad. Not sure on their pricing but I could call and find out. Everything would have to be pulled.
Hi there SafariOne!
I must apologize for not getting back to u on the height sensor and the A.I.R. Stuff. I struggle getting to follow the forums so really sorry for missing your reply. Ok so yes pls sir, can u kindly assist with pricing and stuff on the following parts : 1-height sensor ( oh pls tell me where it is located because my 81 sedan deville didn't come with it factory fitted, I want to put it on now.
2- A.I.R pipe and
3- A.i.r Manifold (basically front pipe and rear pipe )with their valves.

Looking forward to your reply.