Cadillac Owners Forum banner
466K views 2K replies 480 participants last post by  ayilar 
#1 ·
Old post

#726 ·
Curious is anybody had any of the following items for a 1988 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance.

Original OEM Floor Mats (Dark Blue) - Mainly drivers mat.
Gravel guard - front beneath radiator. Does not have to be perfect.
Rear chrome bumper - Just the longer (face?) part that has the impact strip. Mine is starting to rust : (

Thanks!
-Steve

#730 ·
Curious is anybody had any of the following items for a 1988 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance.

Rear chrome bumper - Just the longer (face?) part that has the impact strip. Mine is starting to rust : (

Thanks!
-Steve
I have a complete set in excellent condition & a nice trunk mat, $25.00 + shipping.

#728 ·
steveo6269 said:

Thanks!
-Steve
Steve, I can get you the rear bumper.

#731 ·
Hi Kevin,

Just a couple things..

1)What is the exact condition? I am looking for a bumper in very nice condition that still has a shine to it. Someone recently tried to send me one from FL that has sun damage and was horrible. Looking for 0 rust.

2)How much for the bumper and how much to ship to Pittsburgh, PA

3)What is the color of the impact strip?

4)Do you have pictures?

Thanks a lot!

-Steve

#733 ·
1. Steve, I do not currently own the bumper. I would be pulling it from a local junkyard. All the caddy bumpers in the yard i usually go to are in good shape. no rust through, etc.
2. I'd have to see how much the yard would want for a bumper. IIRC, when I bought a front bumper for my safari van, it was $50 yard price.
If you want just the chromed bumper skin, it would obviously make shipping cheaper than shipping the skin and the mounting bracket/ heavy part of the bumper (the yard price would be the same though)
3. Which color impact strip do you need? I've seen both black with silver inset and all black in the yard.
4. No, Although I am going back to the junkyard this weekend, so I can get you pics of the bumpers.

#734 ·
If you could send me some pictures and let me know the quality that would be great. I realize it is being pulled from the junk yard but if i am paying to replace mine I DO NOT want ANY rust spots, sun burn damage, deep scratches/gouges. Let me know if you can find one that shines! It stinks for me because mine is in nice condition but is rusting on the bottom and looks like crap. Chrome is starting to flake off : (

Also let me know what you would be willing to sell it for + Shipping to PA.

Not exactly sure what the chromed bumper "Skin" is. I need the bumper piece in this picture (http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2008/09/24/13/30/1988_cadillac_brougham-pic-4236.jpeg) that goes in between the two tail lights and has the impact strip attached.

Also my impact strip is dark black with a gray/silver insert strip (Same picture)

Thanks!
-Steve

#742 ·
I see... Ya i would probably be interested in the "Skin" then. Never heard it called that before but i am concerned with the actual look and appearance of the chrome. If you think this will work and can find one, let me know the price.

I had purchased one recently that had sun damage, meaning it had black spots all over the chrome. Almost like someone spray painted it from a distance. Weird I know... lol

#743 ·
Gday one and all.

I hope someone can help me here please...

I need to obtain the following part in good (driver) condition

As you can see mine is damaged and the replacement lens I purchased won't fit ...

I have been looking on Fleabay and found some, most with the rest of the sidelight still attached but in the interest of cheap (er) postage I'd really like just the front part.

The one I need is the RIGHT hand side...

I'd appreciate any help or ideas from fellow members on this....

it's one of those "little things" but it's stopping me from driving and Spring is only two weeks away..!!

cheers...

Albert.

#752 ·
'93 manual

I have a '93 Fleetwood manual, that I bought new a couple of years ago, from Helm Inc. I would like to sell it, since our Fleetwood got totaled in Late July.
It's a big thick black cover factory service manual.. 100 bucks new...I would like to get 35 bucks + shipping for it.
Anyone need one ?

Bill

#753 ·
Re: wanted: 94-96 Fleetwood Bumper Trim.

I have a '93 Fleetwood Bro factory service manual for sale. It's three years old & I bought it new from Helm Inc.
I want 35 bucks for it + shipping. New one is just over 100 bucks...
I don't need it now, since our Caddy got totaled (rear-ended) in late July.

Bill

#756 ·
steveo6269 said:
Hi Kevin - Just wanted to know if you still had any bumpers or skins?
I haven't gotten back to the big junkyard yet. I found a nice bumper at the smaller yard yesterday, but the car is on the end of a row and is completely gutted (no front end, interior, doors) so I imagine it will be gone by the time I get back. I'm gonna try to get back to the big yard next weekend (I really need to find a 90-92 brougham/ 77-90 caprice fan shroud.)