Cadillac Owners Forum banner
466K views 2K replies 480 participants last post by  ayilar 
#1 ·
Old post

#593 ·
I am looking for a hood for a 78 Deville. Hopefully someone has something in the Northwest GA area. Anywhere from Atlanta to Nashville would be good enough. If it happens to be that cool silvery blue color, even better! If anyone has anything, feel free to PM me here or e-mail me at songman64 at gmail.com. Thanks.

#596 ·
Re: '88 Cadillac Auto Dimming Mirror

Keep in mind a couple of things...

1. That mirror was used in a lot of cars, so you can widen your search to more than just Cadillacs.
2. That 3-pin plug also works with the later-style mirrors (early to mid-90's cars). That mirror has a switch below the mirror face that says "off/min/max".

Hope this helps. :cheers:

#604 ·

Thanks guys for the help. I have many emails out to a lot of junk yards and I have checked out many of the car restortion places from the Hemmings Catalog such as Cadillac King and Cadillac Heaven but they are just entirely way too expensive. I have found a good bit on ebay after widening my search with other model vehicles. Unfortunately they are not in the best of shape - the auto dimming feature does not work. At least I know where to keep looking. Thanks!

#606 ·
French Caddy owner search for Deville 83 parts

Bonjour Everyone

I'm Robert, i live in Paris France. i got a Sedan Deville 1983 and i try to replace the original and old parts of my caddy by brand new ones. original GM or aftermarket. i found a lot but still need a few... would love to change all of the chromed parts for new ones, but i don'"t have lots of money. i don't have much at all in fact.. but i save a little for small parts.

so, i really would like to find a brand NEW grille. i found one on ebay, after market, but they refused to ship to france. i asked a friend in denver to buy it for me and ship it, but i can't find it on ebay anymore. anyone could help ???

i also need NEW pilar roof emblem, cadillac creast (with pegs) and wreath (or the V for DeVille, with pegs)

and i search as soon as possible; a brand new or used but in mint (perfect) condition (can i use this word mint condition for car parts ??) small chrome part, that is under the name "cadillac" to underline it. (on the right side of the trunk)

and also a brand new "sedan deville" script emblem. easy to find in usa i guess. (i put it above the "ht4100" emblem on each side of the car)

that's it for now !!!

PS: maybe new or like new Opera lights...

----------

Hello
i'm robert from Paris France
got a Sedan Deville 83
would like to know if i could change my hood ornament (that has no wreath) with the one that you have for brougham (F5) ??

how to order few parts from you directly ?

i also search, (and i especially search for it) the part that underlines the cadillac script that is on the trunk (right side) just under the script. new or like new. mine is ok but a bit faded.

i search also for my future new vinyl roof pillar, the cadillac crest and V or wreath, with pegs. and of course like new. (or new !) (D7)

#607 ·

I've got one that's in pretty nice shape. It's been in a parts box in my shed for several years. I have no idea if it works or not and I don't have the metal nub that glues to the windshield, but the rest is there, plus some extra wiring I cut. If you're interested get a couple more posts so you can PM me.

#608 ·

That's cool. I have the part on my windshield aready for the mirror to slide onto. I also have the plastic cable cover (In case you didn't have that). The cable coming from my roof is a 3-pin connector. My main concern would be if the mirror works - as in the auto dimming feature works. I have found a few on ebay but all the sellers confirm that the auto dimming does not work : ( I would be highly interested. You can email my y ahoo address >> steveo626 at yahoo.com

Thanks!
Steve

#610 ·
1979 coupe deville parts!!!!

Hello, I'm looking for a few rare parts for my coupe. I was wondering if anyone had any rear bumper fillers and possibly a rear bumper. Apparently these parts are either hard to find or expensive. If anyone could help me out it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

#613 ·
Re: Miscellaneous piece

Hello, I'm looking for a few rare parts for my coupe. I was wondering if anyone had any rear bumper fillers and possibly a rear bumper. Apparently these parts are either hard to find or expensive. If anyone could help me out it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Rear fillers are going to be difficult to come across at the JY that I go to. As far as the rear bumper, last time I went there were 2-3 77-79 Cadillacs..

Well you can get the filler parts for Cheap a lot of places such as eBay. Now as for the rear bumper that is going to be a junk yard item for sure. If your lucky you may be able to use one from an 80-84 model which is in every junk yard.
Those fillers are cheap ones and not to mention they do not fit very well at all. I came across a set of aftermarket for my 80 coupe and resold them as they were a PITA to install. So I settled for good used ones from the JY. You cannot use 80-84 or any other year model of rear bumper for his 79; the taillight will not interchange with it.

#612 ·
Miscellaneous piece

That chrome backing of the right bumper-gaurd fell off the car before I bought it. Its the little back cap piece over the guard. I havent seen any fleetwoods of this style at any junkyards near me to snag this little part, I also cheacked ebay. It insignificant but it attracts attention. its an eye sore, If anyone is parting out a 93-96 fleetwood and could spare or sell this part,or even knows of a place to get it. that would be greatly appreciated.