The official PARTS FOR SALE/WANTED thread! - Page 105
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 111 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1660
Like Tree45Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, The official PARTS FOR SALE/WANTED thread! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; For the record, shipping a single wheel sin't really all that bad. Especially an aluminium one. It's when you get ...
    The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Re: The official PARTS FOR SALE/WANTED thread!

For the record, shipping a single wheel sin't really all that bad. Especially an aluminium one.

It's when you get to things like fenders that it gets tricky. Much harder to fit in a box. Even if they weigh less.

Then you get to parts like driveshafts and transmissions...those require freight shipping. For those circumstances, my Brougham is perhaps the most effective. I can not only fit anything I want in the back (including small British cars...don't ask) but I can load it with a forklift, unlike most Broughams out there.

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    For the record, shipping a single wheel sin't really all that bad. Especially an aluminium one.

It's when you get to things like fenders that it gets tricky. Much harder to fit in a box. Even if they weigh less.

Then you get to parts like driveshafts and transmissions...those require freight shipping. For those circumstances, my Brougham is perhaps the most effective. I can not only fit anything I want in the back (including small British cars...don't ask) but I can load it with a forklift, unlike most Broughams out there.
    Shipping a SET of buick turbines halfway across the country only cost 100 bucks (for 2 boxes). Shipping a bumper (which weighs less/ in one box) cost me almost as much.

larryinalabama is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    I am about to pull the trigger on this, they say $13.85 shipping but $150 for wheel. I would love to drop in but I have two trips for this summer already,(Mid-Ohio for Cadillac and Indycar race in Aug, and Gilmore Museum in Sept.) I also have to do my parents vacation too, so I will already have trouble getting that much time off this year.

adult image

If you want to come up with a number send me a PM?

Edit: I have no idea why my posting service considers that an adult image! Perhaps they are as turned on by Cadillacs as we are!
    The wheel I have is different, it came off a 1990 and may be wider, don't know, it came from pullapart, I think it was like 12$.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

I just went to Ebay to see if it would give me the interchangeable years, and realized re reading the ad it is the 14 inch for the Deville! Duh!.

So....I am glad yours is different, I will do some research and see if I can find out if it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post

Shipping a SET of buick turbines halfway across the country only cost 100 bucks (for 2 boxes). Shipping a bumper (which weighs less/ in one box) cost me almost as much.
    Exactly. I am rather experienced with the shipping industry. I have received and sent sets of wheels around the world. They're really not that bad, Dave...and you only need one.

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    I just went to Ebay to see if it would give me the interchangeable years, and realized re reading the ad it is the 14 inch for the Deville! Duh!.

So....I am glad yours is different, I will do some research and see if I can find out if it would work.
    I was at pullapart today and looked at a 88 but the wheels were steel. And I didn't have the enough tools to get the truck bumper I was after, messed up morning lol.

Quote Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post

I was at pullapart today and looked at a 88 but the wheels were steel. And I didn't have the enough tools to get the truck bumper I was after, messed up morning lol.
    I always bring tools for everything. I probably walk in with 40 lbs in hand tools. Neverknow what you will need.

sams2100 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1968 DeVille Conv, 1999 DeVille, 2003 Escalade

Anyone selling or know where I can get a decent driver quality front and rear bumper for a 68 deville? Mine aren't too bad, front one in bent up in the center and I can probably beat that back into shape, but the rear one has a few holes on the underside from what appears to be someone drilling through it, and that is starting to rust.

Not sure what a good price is for a used bumper with decent chrome, so if you have a suggestion, I'd be interested in hearing it so I know what to look for price-wise.

I always bring tools for everything. I probably walk in with 40 lbs in hand tools. Neverknow what you will need.
    Same. We (crew and I) end up taking a wheelbarrow every time, just for carrying the tools.

I can usually get what I want. THis time I needed a deep well 18 and a 18, had the 18 and a deep well 19 but the 19 rounded the rusty bolt, at that point I gave up in option of going home for some beer. It was a chev truck bumper. If it was for a Cadillac I would have got what I needed, Harbor Frieght is 15 min from there.

I can usually get what I want. THis time I needed a deep well 18 and a 18, had the 18 and a deep well 19 but the 19 rounded the rusty bolt, at that point I gave up in option of going home for some beer. It was a chev truck bumper. If it was for a Cadillac I would have got what I needed, Harbor Frieght is 15 min from there.
    Hate it when that happens. What year truck do you have?

1988. most parts are cheap new, but the rear bumpers are high. Im in the process of painting it, but the whole project isn't going very well at all.

1988. most parts are cheap new, but the rear bumpers are high. Im in the process of painting it, but the whole project isn't going very well at all.
    Is that the last year of the box? I have a box chevy truck rear bumper in storage.

purepearl32 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1987 Cadillac Brougham (5.0 307)

Does anyone have a chrome hood ornament (wreath and crest) for an 87 brougham that is in decent shape? I'm sure everyone knows this but it has the coffin base. Currently, mine is gold and in good condition...just would like all the emblems to match color since no other crest or emblem is gold.

Is that the last year of the box? I have a box chevy truck rear bumper in storage.
    First year of the Eroupain or rounded style. I don't think a box bumper will fit. The project will have to go on hold because the pollen is here, and Im painting outdoors.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by purepearl32 View Post
    Does anyone have a chrome hood ornament (wreath and crest) for an 87 brougham that is in decent shape? I'm sure everyone knows this but it has the coffin base. Currently, mine is gold and in good condition...just would like all the emblems to match color since no other crest or emblem is gold.
    Theres usually a good selection on ebay. I wish we could get parts for our cars easier, as RWD Cadis are becoming more collectable these days.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.