Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 52 replies 10 participants last post by  The-Dullahan 
#1 ·
Yeah, so $220 olater with my belts and whatnot and that damned squeek better be gone or I literally will beat someone into a coma. Anyhow, my A/C cannot be rebuilt, as for the price they will charge I could literally purchase a new engine And transmission and be done with it. Anyhow, that was begun on Monday and finished on Tuesday. On Tuesday, I drove home and parked (Literally less than two minutes of driving) and all was peachy. I went to work Wednesday and when I went to leave, immediatley noticed a sound my engine has never made before. I pulled forward and could clearly tell that I had NO POWER STEERING. There was a puddle beneath the front of my car. I got home and learned that there was an identical puddle, if not much larger, beneath my car again, clearly from the day before when I drove home from PepBoys. So they did my belts and somehow ****ed me over on power steering. Now I have to go there THIS morning again when they open again and they had damned well better not even THINK of charging me or they'll know exactly what my "flyswatter" is used for and even as things stand now, I may be beating someone into a coma simply on principal.

#35 ·
Why does it have to be the weekend I will be away LOL. The ONE weekend out of the past like 4 to 6 months I won't be in jax. I will be leaving friday around 5 then coming back late sunday. I know saturday the 14th is the next Classic car show in my area of Jax. I may or may not be able to make it depending on school and if I have enough time to clean the hearse and gas to get there haha.

#43 ·
I'll get you guys some photos at the next Joust.

Paradox, of course I'd visit. From my understanding, Jacksonville is the most populated (or was that largest?) City in Florida and has just about everything in it. I'm somewhat shocked I have lived here for all these years without visiting the place, but I've never had the time (or excuse) to visit. If you and Sting are both there I can claim it as an independent business trip.

In all seriousness I'd like to visit and check out that car of yours, at the show or not. I think if I had the funding and parking space, I would own a hears nearly identical to yours. (As well as such a huge collection of other nonsense)

And Craig, I am not strange OR abnormal, I am actually the perfect example of Normality. Life is an unrelenting comedy, therein lies the tragedy of it and thus, to prevent people from seeing how normal I am, the Fates orchestrate that most everyone else on the planet be strange and somehow get the notion in their head that they are normal, as to dismiss me as the strange one.

#45 ·
No offense was taken, Craig. Simply stating, in a joking and ironic manner that I am normal, the other 99.9% of the population is odd. Myself, being the one person who is different should technically be the "strange" one, but I reject your reality and substitute my own, whereas I am in fact normal, even if only by my own standards. A good example of this is how what is a joke to me gets so easily misunderstood and is typically overly-complicated, but the normal people (a group consisting solely of myself) understand it.

#46 ·
^Being excluded from 99.9% of the population wouldn't make you the only one. You would still be grouped in with 6,700,000 people you could easily stand out from. Being in the 99.9999999% percentile of the global population would at least get you in with the top 6 oddballs.

#47 ·
Jacksonville is the largest city in the US and used to be the world http://www.jaxhistory.com/consolidation2.jpg It is not the most populated though. :p As for being weird I think the fact that you drive a hearse makes it a fact... my mom would agree with me too lol. When she found out I got it her first words...... " Why.... ?..... You can't park that thing near my house. What is wrong with you?"

#51 ·
Yeah, it gets confusing to call me Rob since nobody on the face of the planet except Sting and Craig have ever called me that.

Your Mum is weird. My birth mother was not surprised I purchased a Hearse and at least thought it was unique and "cool" but she was in the Punk Crowd back in the day (I'd never believe it if she didn't have proof, but apparently she was and she also knew Billy Idol). The Mother that RAISED me fully expected me to purchase a Hearse and was not surprised it was an 11th Gen Brougham. She couldn't complain if she wanted to, considering how many she has owned in her life. If your Mum won't let YOU park YOUR car near her house, I will park YOUR car there and YOU can park MINE there.

Well, this thread has become so many other things. As of right now, my finances lean towards new engine, then AC, then suspension upgrade, then paint/vinyl/not being rusty. there is nothing wrong with the suspension now, but the engine will weigh the front end down and I may consider an adjustable air suspension, though not for the reasons everyone else puts them on their Cadillacs.

#53 ·
I have honestly considered going Diesel with my car and not just for that beautiful sound and alluring scent. If you ever need help doing that I've an connection to a Diesel Mechanic to at least ask for advice, as if I ever do it I will certainly be doing (at the least). Though she has never seen my car, she is apparently a big fan and I can't see why she would want to help. MPG has never concerned me.

Basically the same as what I want to do. Engine swap and body work, suspension work is a possibility, but mainly because whoever built Clermont doesn't know how to pave over hills and Clermont is anything but flat, so he had a lot of opportunities to screw it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.