Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Blue...or White?

33K views 202 replies 34 participants last post by  02603sec 
#1 ·
Final mechanicals have been completed on my '69 FWB, and now it's time to begin the long-awaited paint and body work. The car will remain 1969 color 26--Athenian Blue. The decision is about the vinyl top. The car currently has a white top in an incorrect grain and seam pattern. The combination with the blue is striking, but it's not a standard factory choice on this model for this year. My car originally had a blue top, according to the body data plate (the other standard factory choice with Athenian Blue is black----blech!)

So, I'd welcome opinions. Blue, or white? Here's some pics to give you an idea of what the car would look like either way.

This is a 1970 model, but you get the idea. Blue is a lot easier to care for, but it does make the car look very formal. Then again, it is a formal car.

This is my car as she is now. The white makes the car look smaller IMO, but also "happier". White's a bitch to keep looking good, though.

So, fellow forum denizens, what shall it be? Blue? Or White?

See less See more
#164 ·
You can bank on it! :)

Fancy! I'm having a hard time believing that it is really happening, especially with that cloud that is now surrounding it in the pictures. Is the vinyl top on it or are you leaving it as a metal roof? I'm very happy for you!! :)
Upholstery shop is putting the vinyl top on. Dark blue tuxedo grain from SMS Fabric. Gave to the shop today. :thumbsup:

Glad to see the car built together again although wrapped in all these plastic sheets and reflections :lol: That make it even more mysterious and exciting.... But I want to see clear pics of it!! :D

----------

Today is already tomorrow!:bouncy:
.....draped like a statue, ready to be unveiled to the awaiting masses!

:nanaparty:
I totally forgot my camera when I went over to the shop today. :duh: Seriously, if the interior was in it, I could have driven it away. Everything's on the car, except for the vinyl top and related trim. Even under the fluorescent lights inside the shop, the freshly-polished paint was fathoms deep. She looks so stunning now, I can hardly wait to see her when she's fully kitted out! :)

#168 ·
They both look great! This is very excting.. it's one of those things like the apocolypse that you just don't think will ever actually happen!

#183 ·
Wow!!!

I think you deserve a tax deduction for making our streets, roads and Interstates just that much more beautiful. I bet it's hard to look at her with out involuntarily smiling.

As a former GM J-body owner (A Pontiac Sunbird that I could not resist using as a daily driver) I can assure you Dear Sir, that the Cimarron is quite simply: "the Cadillac of J-cars".

Good Day.

#184 ·
Wow! It´s more than a month I had no time to enter the forum and now I´ve found such good news. Congrats Craig... It´s a wonderful sensation driving again a car long time standing in the shop. Now enjoy solving the details but nothing is preventing you from driving your babe. I´m happy to know she´s back on the road... And post some pics of the interior and vinyl roof, please!!!

#176 ·
:(....that is just mean!

Here when I saw the thread bumped I thought I'd see a picture of it done and in your driveway.
Guess since I have only been following since April of 2012 my time expectations are not adjusted right for this project!
Glad to hear of the progress, can't wait!:bouncy:

#177 ·
You mean in glacial terms, Dave? :lol: Hard as it is to believe, the end is in sight. It runs, drives, and looks like a car again. :) Of course, mechanicals still need to be squared away, new tires installed, and as always, still more bits of trim have come up missing, which will need replacement. But, I finally feel like I'm down to the finishing touches. It's a very good feeling.

#188 ·
OK, I've been promising you all a car for some time now. Well, here she is, back from the mechanic and (mostly) cleaned up. There's still a bit of work to be done, but the heavy lifting is over. With all that said, may I present my 1969 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham in Athenian Blue, with dark blue tuxedo grain haol vinyl top and dark blue Dubonnet cloth interior.

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

#191 ·
She looks fantastic, Craig!

Reactions: 77CDV
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.