1969 DeVille. Steering wheel restoration options - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 1969 DeVille. Steering wheel restoration options in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; i own a '69 coupe that has the dardenelle interior and is perfect except for the drivers seat. the car ...
    gymowner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1969 cadillac coupe deville

Re: 1969 DeVille. Steering wheel restoration options

i own a '69 coupe that has the dardenelle interior and is perfect except for the drivers seat. the car was originally from oklahoma with no rust whatsoever. even had the original L series tires on it! the car has a perfect steering wheel with the blow rim horn. once you get use to it, the horn is so easy to use. i just drive with my thumbs at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions and just touch the small lip that is made in the rubber ring and it blows easily. i have to say at first i struggled by gripping my fingers under the rim and trying to squeeze it with all my fingers....very difficult. i just relaxed one time driving and it dawned on me how to use the horn! lol back to the seat material. i have a very good upholsterer that recommended i try smsautointeriors. i called them and they stock this material! it is not oem it is manufactured material that is suppose to be an identical match. i just ordered it so am waiting for it to arrive. i will update you guys when it arrives. it was not that expensive at all. about $85 per yard. i ordered just under 2 yards. there is enough material for both front seats for about $185 including shipping....now for the cost of the upholsterer...ugh. however the car is like new. 72,000 miles and is outstanding. just had her repainted since there was some sun fading on the trunk. gorgeous paint job. had the air conditioner totally rebuilt and just got the clock back from being rebuilt. next thing i think i'll do is put aftermarket power doors locks on (invisible and works with a key fob button) and aftermarket cruise control and this car will be the best caddy around!

CADforce69 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Congrats for owning such a remarkable '69 unit. I have a ī69 SDV but steering wheel rim was destroyed by sun so a '70 wheel is coming and after a little restoring will allow me to use horn normally. I had also to restore all upholstery of my car as it was also fried by sun. Originally gold dardanelle, I asked sms and as you said itīs not expensive by any means. Another forum member used their fabrics and he said results were great. Anyway, finally I decided using leather for seats. No great difference in budget. A good upholstery job is not cheap but itīs better paying a good professional as upholstery is one of the most visible carīs parts and normally it has to last for all of the carīs life.

You can check my caddy restoration in the 69 Sedan De Ville Official restoration thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...storation.html

We would love to see some pics of your car

hiddensetting is offline Cadillac Owners Member

SMS fabrics, check them out on youtube

coodeville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1970 Couple DeVille 1973 M&M Olympia 1988 Brougham Flower Ca

i know its kind of dated now, but i got a restored steering wheel from FEN Enterprises in NY. Google it. Thry went out of business because of a divorce. But both are still going at it in seperate businesses now. You'll want to deal with Elsa Nicademus.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    gymowner, you need to post pics of this car .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.