Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1967 cadillac sedan deville speedometer help

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  05devilledave 
#1 ·
hello guys i am quite new here but really need help! i have searched this site for the problem i am having but dont know where to exactly look. someone please help! i am trying to remove the partially rusted speedometer, but i am not sure of exactly what screws and bolts to remove to get to the speedometer. my question is is there a tear down sheet for my car or a book that may guide me through the tear down. it is a 1967 cadillac sedan deville. any and all help will be appreciated ty.

#2 ·
You need a factory service manual. They're common on ebay, and a very good investment for anyone who owns an older car. For your car, I believe you need to remove the dash top. You should then be able to remove the instrument cluster, which includes the speedometer. Best of luck.

Craig

#4 ·
Let me know where your at and, if you do or do not have cruise control on that deville. I have a 67 Fleetwood Brougham with OEM cruise, and removing the instrument cluster with the cruise dial can become a fatally destructive process to your cruise speed selection dial if you dont do it right. If you dont have cruise, its fairly simple. Let me know how far youve got and I can get you through the rest, I have had my entire dash out, and re-installed with no damage. :bouncy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.