The official Whitewall thread
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, The official Whitewall thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Anybody know a good source for some (cheaper) whitewall tires? I can't find any on tire-rack.com. I really like the ...
    greencadillacmatt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '93 Cadillac SDV

The official Whitewall thread

Anybody know a good source for some (cheaper) whitewall tires? I can't find any on tire-rack.com. I really like the Kelly Navigator Gold Series, but being a college kid with a movie-theater pay budget, I can't really afford them. They would be for the '84 DeVille. I'm not sure, but the tires on it may be origional. They aren't bald, but are starting to get down there. I was wondering if anybody has had good luck with these:http://www.walmart.com/catalog/detai...type=undefined
    GOODYEAR VIVA 2
    Yes, I know they are a wally world special, but people say they are a decent tire. Middle of the road reviews.
    My old whitewalls will go on my '90 Brougham 'till I can get new ones (the fronts on there now are BAAAALD). Any tire input is greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Re: WhiteWalls

Kuhmo Solus KR21

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

This is what I am running on my 1991 Brougham. I assume your 1984 Deville runs the same size 225/75/R15's. Mine have about 4k miles on them now, they are quiet and ride nice. Very good tires in the rain as well, but our cars have oustanding traction for a RWD vehicle though.

Friend of mine is running the same tire on his 2004 2wd Toyota Tacoma truck, they have over 20k miles on them. His truck is pretty quiet and rides dead smooth at 80mph, and the tires still have 2/3 of the tread on them.

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

Matt - your car takes 215/75-15 tires. Here is a link at tire rack and the first few are whitewalls:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...r=15&x=13&y=18

Within the last year or two whitewall tires have become pretty scarce and that's a shame since they are all American! Good luck! Dave
    Timber Wolf and Timber Wolf like this.

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

This seems to come up a lot. Maybe someone should make a database of whitewall tires that still exist.

I think I have a new project.

greencadillacmatt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '93 Cadillac SDV

Thanks for all the links you guys! I just figured I'd start looking. And Sting, good luck with your white-stiped-project! That would be a great resource. Whitewalls seem to be in short supply these days. I love the look of them. You'd think more people would...

Yeah I know. When I was calling around asking for tires, when I told the guy what kind of car I had, the first question he asked was "What size rims, 22, 24, what?"

I almost cringed. And when I told him I was looking for factory size whitewalls he was in like, shock. People these days fail.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

We really should make a sticky for this topic IMO. I'd be willing to do some research and help out.

Well I know of the Solus KR21s, and there's another brand of Kelley tires that has them (my local Pep Boys stocks them). Also Coker has a whitewall tire in our size, but it's a 2 inch whitewall (I personally love them but they're a tad expensive IMO)

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

If you want cheap WWs, check out Runway Enduro 75s:

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by greencadillacmatt View Post
    I was wondering if anybody has had good luck with these:http://www.walmart.com/catalog/detai...type=undefined
    GOODYEAR VIVA 2
    Yes, I know they are a wally world special, but people say they are a decent tire.
    The VIVA 2's are tires made for Wal-Mart, by Goodyear Tire and Rubber. They have been discontinued, and you can only buy surplus stock. You can now find them other places, besides Wal-Mart, but they must be warrantied to the place you buy them from. If you get them and have an unrepairable flat, then they cannot replace the tire, so you will end up with mixed tires.

lapin11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Eldorado

Since everyone is talking whitewalls maybe you can help me. I have a 96 Sedan Deville with Vogue tires. I get large amounts of brake dust especially on the front. I do Whitewalls twice a week which is tough in winter. Anyone know and answer. Also has anyone had experience with shields inside the wheel. Someone told me there is a spray that goes on the whitewall and resists brake dust . I can't find it. I love the whitewall look and won't change. I am jealous of my wife when we wash cars together , she has a 98 Eldorado which oof course has blackwalls. Anyone have experience with ceramic brakes, I hear they give off less dust. All help will be appreciated.

First, use Westley's Bleche White for the cleaning part. NO abrasives (steel wool, SOS pads, etc). Next, look into some low dust brake pads. I have also read that the ceramics are a good option.

Ok, added to the FAQs, and I cleaned up. Thanks, guys!

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: The official Whitewall thread

If any of you are looking for a stylish winter tire with ample grip, then I recommend the Kelly Wintermark.

The tires have a very aggressive tread pattern, which gives good grip, and they are pinned for studs. They have a 1 inch white wall to keep you riding in style.

I have intentionally tried to throw my Cadillac into a tail spin; going about 25-30 in a snow packed, ice covered parking lot, and these tires gripped immediately.

HUF
    HUF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FWB 100,*** miles CURRENT. 1991 Seville 175,000 SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
    First, use Westley's Bleche White for the cleaning part. NO abrasives (steel wool, SOS pads, etc). Next, look into some low dust brake pads. I have also read that the ceramics are a good option.
    That stuff is very hard on skin, use latex gloves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.