The official Whitewall thread - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, The official Whitewall thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Dave, I have to give the Enduros two thumbs up. I dont know a whole lot about tires but the ...
    csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Re: The official Whitewall thread

Dave, I have to give the Enduros two thumbs up. I dont know a whole lot about tires but the biggest difference I noticed was the road noise. I do mainly highway driving and these tires dont make nearly as much noise as the previous ones. I dont know if the other ones were just really cheap(dont remember the brand) or if these are that good but they are quite. The other thing I like about them is that they seem to absorb bumps better than the old ones. I recommend them but my tire history is small. I must say that these are the first set I've ever put on and noticed a difference...but the previous ones could have been very cheap.

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

CS, That's good to know. The WWW's look quite tasty with your new wheel covers. I've had about every brand imaginable except the Runway Enduro 75. I roll about 15,000 miles per year, and the last year was almost exclusively in my 79 Cad and that's probably the case for the upcoming 365 days too - - sooo I think I'll do a long term test on these tires. I found them online for about $65 so they're worth it to try.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Here's a shot of the Runway Enduro 75:

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

Jason, VERY sexy WWW, so what's the driving impression?

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Dave we don't know he's already taken it out once this decade.

thebigguy2206 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Talking Re: The official Whitewall thread

I just purchased a complete set of Enduro 75's. Seems like I've been looking forever to replace my old Broadway Classics. I was on my 5th set and it has been crazy trying to find them. I almost purchased the knock off Broadway Shadow. I did a google search and found the Enduro 75 in my area, DFW, for $75 a tire. That price included taxes, mounting and balancing. UNBELIEVABLE. I could not be more pleased. Time will only tell if they will wear and last like the classics. But for a factory white wall that is the same identical size as the classics, you can't beat them. Broadway Shadows are a Sigma tire (if they have them in stock, they didn't and they were gonna use a Pace Mark tire) with the white wall hand cut. This is a quote from onlinetiredealer.com, "As long as you know that this is a hand cut white wall that is cut at a whole in the wall down the street so the white wall want be an even circle." If that is what you want on your caddy I guess that's alright. Mines went on my 1990 Riviera, my baby, and that just wasn't good enough. I suggest anyone do a google search to find these tires in their area. It's worth the money. Good Luck

1980coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

Re: WhiteWalls

Anyone had issues with the Dimension IV tires? I had gone through 3 already and all start to bulge or have a bubble where it meets contact with the road. Now I know, you hit a pot hole or a curb.....well no I haven't. I take the same route to and from work so I know what's out there to avoid.
    They are to normal PSI, never over or under inflated. I took pics to show but I did'nt bring my camera, ugh.

Any thoughts as to what causes this? Thanks

cfb8595 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Fleetwoods

Quote Originally Posted by thebigguy2206 View Post
    I just purchased a complete set of Enduro 75's. Seems like I've been looking forever to replace my old Broadway Classics. I was on my 5th set and it has been crazy trying to find them. I almost purchased the knock off Broadway Shadow. I did a google search and found the Enduro 75 in my area, DFW, for $75 a tire. That price included taxes, mounting and balancing. UNBELIEVABLE. I could not be more pleased. Time will only tell if they will wear and last like the classics. But for a factory white wall that is the same identical size as the classics, you can't beat them. Broadway Shadows are a Sigma tire (if they have them in stock, they didn't and they were gonna use a Pace Mark tire) with the white wall hand cut. This is a quote from onlinetiredealer.com, "As long as you know that this is a hand cut white wall that is cut at a whole in the wall down the street so the white wall want be an even circle." If that is what you want on your caddy I guess that's alright. Mines went on my 1990 Riviera, my baby, and that just wasn't good enough. I suggest anyone do a google search to find these tires in their area. It's worth the money. Good Luck
    Kind of late but where about did you find the Enduro 75's? I was looking to purchase some for my 91 brougham but couldn't find any one who sold them locally(Dallas Fort Worth area) So I purchased some Firestone FR380's

dean_3326 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1989 Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by cfb8595 View Post
    Kind of late but where about did you find the Enduro 75's? I was looking to purchase some for my 91 brougham but couldn't find any one who sold them locally(Dallas Fort Worth area) So I purchased some Firestone FR380's

Hoping a bump on this thread will help some of us find some of the Enduro 75s ,
    I think they would look good on my 89 Brougham. They look good to me, I would like to know if anyone knows where in the DFW area we might find the Enduro 75s like Bigguy2206.

thanks, Dean

CoupeDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 96 Fleetwood Brougham, 83 Coupe Deville Lowrider SBC 355

I just put on some Hankook mileage plus II 235/70/15 this fall. Nice ride, quiet, and claim they are a 80k mile tire. I have the same tires on my lowrider 14" wire wheels but a different size. I got these 15s brand new installed for $350

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

I've got those on one of my RMWs. I've had them since May, they seem to be fine. They're worthless in snow, but that's to be expected...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

www.tiremonkey.com has those Hankooks for $86.91 a piece in 235/70/15

In 225/75 though, for the older Broughams and DeVilles, your options increase dramatically. Like 9 or 10 different tires, even two winter tires! Here's the link. Enter your own zip for accuracy.

http://www.tiremonkey.com/Tires/Size...w=all&ci=0%2C9

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by 75CoupeDevilleGuy View Post
    Those are probably decent tires, but this thread is more about finding and evaluating the wider OEM style whitewall tires that are no longer produced as OEM. Though someone might be able to offer some personal experience.

That being said those Uniroyal tires that sven914 has posted were an OEM upgrade for your Roadmaster Estate (I have a 1992 RM Estate btw)
    Are those Hankook tires not 1/2 - 3/4 white stripe?? I'm now needing to get 4 for my recently acquired 1996 Fleetwood. It has 225 / 75 / 15 - wrong size. Man this keeps getting tougher.

I just saw coupedts' post. those hankooks look pretty decent. time to buy 10! (5 for the Fleetwood & 5 for the 1868 DVC!)

By the way, what is a 'hand cut whitewall' ???

ne last update on this:

for 235/70/15 it seems that only Hankooks are available in whitewall.

for 235/75/15 (1976 & older RWDs) the same hankooks and Kuhmo & Toyo are available in whitewall all with UTOG 600+ A B and S (or T in one Kuhmo model) ratings. all similarly priced.

The once popular yokohama avid touring is gone in whitewall... I still have 6 of those in 235/70/15; 5 for my 68 and one saved from my crashed 95

There were several tires with 400 or so A B ratings - i think i'll stick to the higher treadwear ones.

All this from tiremonkey.com

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

On white wall (and white letter) tires, the actual white part is wider than what is exposed. A "hand cut whitewall" will cut away some of the black sidewall to expose more of the white underneath. There is a machine to do this for a nice cut, but some do it at home with a sander or a grinder. Of course, there are youtube vids...

This shows how to do it with a sander

79Devil'Girl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Brougham, 1967 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

American Classic brand.. $800 shipping included.. Changed the entire look of my '67, I love 'em, though it broke the bank

Yes.. a paintjob is going to happen this spring/summer too lol..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.