Cadillac Owners Forum banner
222K views 699 replies 131 participants last post by  Dave7 
#1 ·
Anybody know a good source for some (cheaper) whitewall tires? I can't find any on tire-rack.com. I really like the Kelly Navigator Gold Series, but being a college kid with a movie-theater pay budget, I can't really afford them. They would be for the '84 DeVille. I'm not sure, but the tires on it may be origional. They aren't bald, but are starting to get down there. I was wondering if anybody has had good luck with these:http://www.walmart.com/catalog/deta...isVariant=false&corpCard=false&type=undefined
GOODYEAR VIVA 2
Yes, I know they are a wally world special, but people say they are a decent tire. Middle of the road reviews.
My old whitewalls will go on my '90 Brougham 'till I can get new ones (the fronts on there now are BAAAALD). Any tire input is greatly appreciated.

#250 · (Edited)
I have a couple of soft cover books that are all reprints of Cadillac road tests from the sixties. There are a few on this generation Eldorados. A few called "King of the Hill" against the Lincoln Mark III. I guess the Eldos were a big hit when the new design debuted in 67. Dealers couldn't keep them in stock. People ordering them over the phone and paying over sticker price. Celebrities clamouring to buy them too. Elvis had a gold 68 Eldorado with a black top. One day it wouldn't start so he shot it in the right front fender. This car is still around with Elvis paperwork and it still has the bullet hole! LOL

#254 ·
Can anyone comment on the Runway Enduro tires? I am replacing the tires on my 93 Fleetwood this week, and based on the photos, I like the look of the Enduros. Several people have said they like the Hancock tires from Pep Boys, but I want that slightly wider (1.5/8) whitewall. To my knowledge no one has commented on the ride/quality of those tires. Anyone?? Thanks.

#256 ·
Has anyone dealt with Tires-easy.com? They have the Runway Enduro's in 235-75-15 for $93.90 each. Tiresavings.com lists them at 82.40 each, but according to their website they are out of stock. I'll call them tomorrow when they open to see if that is still true. Anyone dealt with them either? I really need/want whitewalls, but I don't want to get screwed by some fly by knight internet company. Why doesn't Tire Rack carry what we want for our old Caddies???

#260 ·
Both tires-easy and tiresavings seem reputable. I researched them about a year ago, and they seem to be actual real companies. I am about to buy a set of tires for a non-Cadillac and am considering purchasing through them to get the specific tire I want. I will give a full report. :)

#284 ·
Re: WhiteWalls

Purchased a set of Champiro 75 series tires today for my '79 Fleetwood. A decent WW, though not thrilled that they are made in China. It sure rides a lot nicer with new tires that are the correct size. The previous owner had installed tires that were two sizes too small.
Those tires are the shiznit. A tire store by my parents has them for like $70 per tire. The whitewall is perfect (closer to the original than Broadway Shadow or Enduro 75), and they grip like hell. I hope they *never* stop making them. That's what I'm running on my '90, and on my red '79. 225-75 & 215-75 respectively.

#263 ·
Those look like an even bigger whitewall than the Runway Enduro. How much were they and where did you get them? My 78 Deville has 11 year old Firestone 721's with the big white wall like you have. They probably only have 500 miles on them, but it has been sitting so long I really don't know how safe they would be to drive any distance with them. Anybody have any thoughts/opinions on older tires with few miles?

#267 ·
Actually, I have a set of Runway Enduros on my '68. The tread pattern and whitewall are the same as the Champiro GTs I just purchased. I replaced the tires on the '68 due to age. I thought I had and out of balance tires, but what it was was one of the tires had started to seperate. I was lucky to catch it before it blew out.

#264 ·
My summer tires are going to need to be replaced next spring. I'm thinking about getting Endoros, but I need a little information about them. I found out that they are manufactured by GT Radials (who also makes the aforementioned Champiro), but GT is just contracted to make them and doesn't actually own the brand.

So what I need to know is...

Who actually owns the brand? Where are they made? What is the warranty and who supports it?

#266 ·
^Maybe the Endoros will have the same warranty as the Champiros. The warranty on them is 5 years and it says "applies to any new tire manufactured by GT RADIAL that bears the corresponding D.O.T. serial number."

But GT does not own Runway. Whoever owns Runway pays GT to manufacture the Endoro, so the tires might not be covered under that warranty. It's like anything in Wal-Mart that has "Sam's Choice" written on it; Wal-Mart doesn't make anything, they pay a name brand company to make it, and Wal-Mart backs that warranty.

#269 ·
UPDATE: The Diamondbacks I added are performing beautifully. I've put on quite a few miles and some longer trips since my last post. They look great and appear to be very well manufactured. I haven't had to clean them once since I cleaned them up originally after installation. The WW is BRIGHT white!

There's nothing cheap or inferior about these Diamondback tires. They start with a high-quality tire (AVID Touring-S) and then apply quality control to them throughout the process of adding the WW. Great tires and great purchase!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.