The official Whitewall thread - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, The official Whitewall thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ok, link didn't work..... but they are Delta National Custom Cruiser Radials 215/75r15 and $87 each on Tires-easy.com Delta National ...
    CADDYDADDY13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 91 Brougham, 91 Hearse, 93 Fleetwood, 96 Buick RMW, 2005 DTS

Re: The official Whitewall thread

ok, link didn't work..... but they are Delta National Custom Cruiser Radials
    215/75r15 and $87 each on Tires-easy.com
    Delta National CUSTOM CRUISER 215/75 R15 100S WSW

Delta National CUSTOM CRUISER 215/75 R15 100S WSW

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

^Those tires also come in 235/75R15 for $110 from tireeasy.com

Here is another site that has them for $149 (they have them listed as a 1.6" whitewall)

And here is the company web site.

tbcaddy18 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1986 FWB 307

Not sure if this has already been stated here, but Broadway Classic tires are still available, they just changed the name to "Broadway Shadows" from a company called Sigmae.

Here's a link: http://www.onlinetiredealer.com/specialty/brdwy.asp

I never shopped through this website though.

downforce is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado 31k miles

I sure like these....not sure of the maker but they are sick.....3"ww

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

3 inch WW (I can't see the pic), but I'm going to assume Coker Tire. They're expensive, not sure how good they are though.

downforce is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado 31k miles

had a technical glitch but pick should be up...glad this thread is up...it will make it alot easier to choose tires when its time

Yeah, those definitely look like the Coker's. They make 2 inch WW tires too.

4cammer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Fleetwood Brougham black w/burgundy velour

I dropped down a size and just bought 4 Delta Tire P225/70-15's for our '93 Fleetwood Brougham. Someone may have stated this already, but if not, they are made by Cooper Tire for Delta.

Paid $68 per tire mounted and balanced and I really like them.

The shop said come back after 20 miles since they are aluminum wheels and the lug nuts may come loose and sure enough a few were.

I knew that from years ago, but had forgotten to do that over the years. Other tire shops I have used since I was first told never advised me of that potential safety hazard IIRC.

Old Fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Doing that "commuting" for the eye surgery for our dog with cataracts and driving from Hartford to near Boston on new COOPER LIFELINER WWs, (OEM size) some of you may recall that I found out how my eBay special 95 Fleetwood had apparently had the governor diddled with when a hyped trucker went all over the road and I zigged when he zagged - kept my foot in it and didn't look until well past him - and when I looked down was doing an indicated 122.
    Problem was, those tires were rated for 118.
    (Yeah, that startled the hell out of me)
    But all you guys said that would be no problem since it was a cloudy morning at about 8:30AM and 55 degrees and I only traveled about a mile at that speed.
    Sure enough, ~5,000 miles later, no bulges nor bumps nor vibration nor indication of trouble. Plus, they all seem to be wearing just fine.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

^ I don't think its the blast up to high speeds that would give you problems. Its the sustained high speed driving that isn't good for non-speed rated tires. Driving at 122mph for an hour or two would give you problems because of all the heat. A once in a blue moon blast wouldn't hurt things.

That being said, I wouldn't dare drive to the top speed on one of these cars(on a LT1 Fleetwood its somewhere north of 140mph) on tires that didn't have a w or y rating.

SDCaddyLacky is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham, Past: 72 Sedan, 68 Coupe Deville

I just received my Broadway Shadow 1.3 inch WW tires today, I'm going to get them installed right now. The tires look and feel high quality, actually they look to be either Goodyear or Michelin quality just by the tread design and rubbery smell if that makes any sense. I noticed Michelin's have a strong rubbery odor, and these tires have that same strong smell.

Plus they're made in the USA, how rare is that!

I'll let everyone know how my Caddy rides after they're put on. BTW the size I purchased are the 225/75's. Personally 235/75 tires are too big and bulky looking on these FWB's, maybe on the older 70's caddies, but not the 90's ones. So that's why I went down a notch, this will also help with acceleration, bigger tires just adds more stress to the drive-train and creates more drag.

I'm going to take pics, so check back in a day or so!

Quote Originally Posted by SDCaddyLacky View Post
    I just received my Broadway Shadow 1.3 inch WW tires today, I'm going to get them installed right now. The tires look and feel high quality, actually they look to be either Goodyear or Michelin quality just by the tread design and rubbery smell if that makes any sense. I noticed Michelin's have a strong rubbery odor, and these tires have that same strong smell.

Plus they're made in the USA, how rare is that!

I'll let everyone know how my Caddy rides after they're put on. BTW the size I purchased are the 225/75's. Personally 235/75 tires are too big and bulky looking on these FWB's, maybe on the older 70's caddies, but not the 90's ones. So that's why I went down a notch, this will also help with acceleration, bigger tires just adds more stress to the drive-train and creates more drag.

I'm going to take pics, so check back in a day or so!
    I can tell you that these tires have not failed me yet, Ive had mine for a few years. Love the White Walls on these too! Although mine was the Broadway Classic version and one size smaller, Im sure there's very little difference between them.

Congrats! Waiting for the pics!

SDCaddyLacky is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham, Past: 72 Sedan, 68 Coupe Deville

Alright, just got home after a long days of school and work. I took a couple of pics, it was a dark when I got home, but I couldn't wait so I got 2 shots in. Will take more tomorrow when it's light out.

One thing I realized is that the tires have a bluish film coating on the whitewall, so I had to clean em up with plain water. It still has some bluish tint on them, but it's supposed to go away overtime with some extra cleaning.

Since the WW's are custom cut, they are not perfect, some of the edges are little off, but you can't tell unless your super up close.

These tires are great, they ride nice, look nice, not quite as smooth as the Kumho's, that's probably because those ones were the 235's so it had more rubber to filter out bumps/pot holes. But overall I am very happy.

For some reason the other 2 pics wont show, don't know why though. It might be a size issue. Full size car pic tomorrow.

Wow, it looks better than mine! These rock on your FWB, I'll def be getting these when my older broadway classics wear-out.

Mine also had the blue tint on the white walls when I purchased them, but they came off after a few washes and scrubbing (but don't use a hard brush, soft bristle would be best). Funny you mentioned the sides walls being a bit off at some points up close because I sorta noticed that on mine as well, but rarely noticeable...I guess they still are making them the same..lol

If you want some advice, I found it best to use Simple Green to clean the tire for both the black wall and white wall portion...its not as acidic as bleach white for example...and it helps keeps rubber moisturized.

Congrats!

Your car is GORGEOUS.

You should take a pic of the other side, so we can see what that chrome piece looks like. Loving the red.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.