Cadillac Owners Forum banner
222K views 699 replies 131 participants last post by  Dave7 
#1 ·
Anybody know a good source for some (cheaper) whitewall tires? I can't find any on tire-rack.com. I really like the Kelly Navigator Gold Series, but being a college kid with a movie-theater pay budget, I can't really afford them. They would be for the '84 DeVille. I'm not sure, but the tires on it may be origional. They aren't bald, but are starting to get down there. I was wondering if anybody has had good luck with these:http://www.walmart.com/catalog/deta...isVariant=false&corpCard=false&type=undefined
GOODYEAR VIVA 2
Yes, I know they are a wally world special, but people say they are a decent tire. Middle of the road reviews.
My old whitewalls will go on my '90 Brougham 'till I can get new ones (the fronts on there now are BAAAALD). Any tire input is greatly appreciated.

#149 ·
I never liked the Vouges - way overpriced IMO.

I ordered 5 Hankooks (one for the spare chrome wheel) and had them put on my BRAND NEW factory chrome wheels. It really changed the look of the car.

#151 ·
Well, I had a flat today, a sign that it's time to buy tires. I've been planning on it anyway, so I'll probably be pulling the trigger tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'm going with American Classic 1.6" 235 75 15s, didn't see a whole lot about these in this thread. I like them because I'm under the impression that they're high-quality, made in USA by an American company, and considering these things, are a good value at $145. Just wanted to see if anyone else had experience with their quality. Thanks.

#153 ·
I need a set of 235 70 15's for my 94 FWB, prefer WW's, anything out there anymore? I would hate to go limo size 235 75 15's, but the choices are getting limiting....

#155 ·
I am shooting for keeping 235 70's if I can. I know, not a large diff, but it is more of a handling issue for me (yes, I like my boat to handle...). Might just keep eye out for Impala SS wheels.... I have some 225 70 15's on now (snow tires) and they do look a tad small.

#157 ·
Just bought a set of American Classics from Wallace Wade. Service was friendly and even though they're further away than some of the other distributors, they had the best price with shipping I could find in the US. They're shipping them out today, I'll let you know how everything works out.

#165 ·
The tires are on and I drove with them today, I'm very happy with the entire process. They're American Classic 235 75 15s with 1.6" WWs. I ordered them through Wallace Wade. Nice people, and the tires arrived in under 48 hours from Dallas to Chicago. They're very high quality and look and ride nicely. I had them mounted at NTB, there was some rust on the rims, but they were able to clean them up sufficiently to eliminate any potential problems. They were supposed to static balance them with weights only on the inside rim so I could mount the wheel covers, but they dynamically balanced them. I had to go back to get them static balanced, but they had no problem fixing it. Overall a good experience and I'm happy with the end result.

#167 ·
The tires are on and I drove with them today, I'm very happy with the entire process. They're American Classic 235 75 15s with 1.6" WWs. I ordered them through Wallace Wade. Nice people, and the tires arrived in under 48 hours from Dallas to Chicago. They're very high quality and look and ride nicely. I had them mounted at NTB, there was some rust on the rims, but they were able to clean them up sufficiently to eliminate any potential problems. They were supposed to static balance them with weights only on the inside rim so I could mount the wheel covers, but they dynamically balanced them. I had to go back to get them static balanced, but they had no problem fixing it. Overall a good experience and I'm happy with the end result.

Those look nice. They used to make special wheel weights that would fit on the outside of Cadillac wheels so the hubcap would go on. They are probably hard to find now but I'll bet they still exist somewhere.

(just got a message that I couldn't submit this reply because it was too short??? weird)

oh oh still too short

ok, it must be above the pic??

#168 ·
You probably got that message because your reply was within the quote. It saw your message as being empty until you wrote the last part ha ha. Anyway, thank you both. Yes, I heard about the old weights, and I even found that I had some on an old set of rims in the garage that were last balanced in the '70s. At any rate, static balance came out good and is essentially perfect as far as I can tell from the driver's seat. Maybe someday it will stop raining here and I can actually use the tires for their intended purpose. Meanwhile, a '70 Coupe DeVille does make an awful pretty paperweight.

#169 ·
I know Hankook makes a 235/70R15 white wall tire. I had them installed on my 1995 FWB two weeks ago. Hankook Mileage Plus II would be the exact name of the tire. So far so good, I have only put about 650 kms on them. They are a welcome change from the aged, over sized Michelins they replaced. I will try to get a pic to post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.