The official Whitewall thread - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, The official Whitewall thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I purchased a set of GT Tires champiro 75(runway enduro mentioned above is the newer version of the champiro 75, ...
    caddy1983 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1983 Fleetwood brougham 2 door

Re: Coker Tires

I purchased a set of GT Tires champiro 75(runway enduro mentioned above is the newer version of the champiro 75, according to GT tires) and had to replace all four tires twice due to a yellowish/brown looking stain on the whitewall. Tried everything to remove the stains. After one day of cleaning the tires, the stains came back. The tire shop is ordering a set of runway enduro tires for me. Hopefully with this set my whitewalls stay white. I cant afford American classics made by coker tire. To expensive tire. If the new set of tires come out defective, My only option I have left is to purchase the coker tire or vogue tyres. I miss my firestone FR721's. Never had a problem with the tire or the whitewall. I still have 2 FR721 tires with 60% tire thread left i purchased almost 10 years ago. Whitewall is still white with some hair like cracking on the surface.

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

Sometimes the whitewall can be discolored if they are not properly handled. Be careful to not set them down on the ground with the whitewall facing down or store them with the whitewalls touching another tire. Also, protect the whitewall from oil or grease if you have them off your car and are tempted to lay them on the ground with the whitewall down. They will stain and they are impossible to resurrect. There aren't as many whitewalls sold these days and a careless or uninformed tire tech can mishandle a whitewall and frustrate you unless you keep a close eye on things when your car is worked on. Good luck and keep us posted!

jayoldschool is online now GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Use Westley's Bleche White on those WWs...

Jay, It is rare, but there are some stains even Westley's doesn't get out.

caddy1983 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1983 Fleetwood brougham 2 door

I sanded the whitewall with 600 wet/dry sandpaper. Worked great, hands very tired, stains returned 3 days after. I will get my new set of whitewalls this weekend. If stains visible at time od cleaning the blue gunk off, I have no choice but to order American Classics from Coker Tire.

Here are a couple of links from a company, by the way, that also sells wide whitewall tires. Diamond Back. http://www.dbtires.com Anyone heard of them? A friend of Chad's told me about them, the guy with the 78 Biarritz.

Here is a link to what ruins whitewall tires: http://www.dbtires.com/ruins_whitewalls.html

What the DB tire people say has been my experience with WW tires that aren't properly tended to. Good luck with your situation and let us know what happens!

I promised pics of the Enduro 75s mounted up on a wire, so here we go. Please ignore the fact that I have not cleaned the WW. That will happen when they go on the car...

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

^Those do look attractive.

Very sexy! I'm in love!!

brougham_geezer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '66 SDV, '76 FWB, '80 Hearse, '71 Riviera & '75 Chevy RV

I wanna me some o' dat: http://store.coker.com/l78-15-b.f.go...dillac-ww.html

Just love the look... and the old-style tread/sidewall manufacture.

Price is horrendous though.

Jay: what parts chain are the enduros through, because obviously that makes more sense for me. Is it something Canada-wide that I can get in on?

Also... Jay, did I ever tell you that you saved my @$$ with your instructions on how to repair my telescopic wheel on my '80 CDV? It was bang on! Works awesome now... I can't believe I drove around for a whole summer with my wheel sliding constantly while all along it was such an easy fix. Thanks again my friend!

Glad to help out. I was surprised with how easy that tele wheel fix was, too!

I got my Runways from CAPS (Canadian Auto Parts Suppliers). You can likely order them from your local parts places. You can probably contact the Canadian distributor to find out who can get them for you locally. Of course, I can ship you a set if we have to.

I merged the "Coker" thread into the big WW thread since most of the posts weren't about Cokers...

JimMLINY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Brougham D'Elegance

Cool Westleys works well on stainless exhaust pipes

I use it when I wash cars with 96 Z28 1LE with Borla and 06 GTO with stock pipes. Spray inside pipe to keep the gleen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bro-Ham View Post
    Jay, It is rare, but there are some stains even Westley's doesn't get out.
    On WW, my bud put some Firestones on, snows too! Looks fine in 225 75 15, way cheaper than 16s and 18s I use on more modern cars.

Re: The official Whitewall thread

I just use spray tire foam to loosen up the grime and a scotchbrite pad to scrub up the whitewalls. Westley's does dry out the WW's - my 5 year old tires are 20 footers these days since up close they are trashed. I should say I also spray tire foam inside the wheel wells to make the all the visible black areas of the undercarriage appear fresh and new.

Scotchbrite/SOS/steel wool work well to clean WWs, but they put lots of little scratches in the WW that collect dirt. I suggest a plastic bristle scrub brush.

CADDYDADDY13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 91 Brougham, 91 Hearse, 93 Fleetwood, 96 Buick RMW, 2005 DTS

Anybody seen these or have a set of these? I just found them and they look pretty nice, 1.3". Price isn't too bad either compared to the American Classics.
    http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.p...15&Herst=Delta National&Quer=75&Felge=15&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang _pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=135

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.