The official Whitewall thread - Page 27
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, The official Whitewall thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; imgur...
    talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: The official Whitewall thread

nebulosity likes this.

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

I have a set of Champiros on my '90 Brougham, and a set of Enduros on my '79 Phaeton. They are exactly the same tire, with a different name on the sidewall. As some have noted. they both have a reputation for yellowing. I've had mixed results, the champiros stay white just fine, but the enduros get smokers-teath-yellow in just a couple weeks of sitting. I'm thinking it's more random than brand specific.

Jaycook23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 Brougham D'elegance

I just picked up a set of the Hankook Optimo's. I can't speak now on how the white walls hold up, but I can say that they feel great on my '90 Brougham. Worth the $80 a piece I spent.

charley95 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 91 brougham

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycook23 View Post
    I just picked up a set of the Hankook Optimo's. I can't speak now on how the white walls hold up, but I can say that they feel great on my '90 Brougham. Worth the $80 a piece I spent.
    Where did you buy them at?

Quote Originally Posted by charley95 View Post
    Where did you buy them at?
    I just picked up a set @ W-Mart for $465 mounted and balanced. So far they perform good. I replaced them from my 10 yr. old Michelins. They are a narrower tire than the Michelins. It's too bad Michelin doesn't make a 225/75/15 anymore! The Michelins will dry out before they wear out. They had small dry-rot cracks,they won't be reliable since I drive my 91 FWB cross country. Time will tell with the Hankooks. They are made in Indonesia BTW.

CaddyGas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    Sir, that is beautiful.
    talismandave likes this.

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by charley95 View Post
    I just picked up a set @ W-Mart for $465 mounted and balanced. So far they perform good. I replaced them from my 10 yr. old Michelins. They are a narrower tire than the Michelins. It's too bad Michelin doesn't make a 225/75/15 anymore! The Michelins will dry out before they wear out. They had small dry-rot cracks,they won't be reliable since I drive my 91 FWB cross country. Time will tell with the Hankooks. They are made in Indonesia BTW.
    What brand of tires did you get from Wal*Mart? I got white walls (Douglas) there 6 years ago, but they discontinued them and haven't seen any Wal*Mart white walls since.

Most Wal*Mart tires are produced by Goodyear, so if they have white walls, maybe Goodyear or some other name brand manufacture is going to start producing them in our size again. I know Goodyear produces tires specially for Wal*Mart (tires that look similar and have similar names to other Goodyear products, but cannot be purchased through a Goodyear Distributor), and I think Hankook, Michelin, and Uniroyal do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sven914 View Post
    What brand of tires did you get from Wal*Mart? I got white walls (Douglas) there 6 years ago, but they discontinued them and haven't seen any Wal*Mart white walls since.

Most Wal*Mart tires are produced by Goodyear, so if they have white walls, maybe Goodyear or some other name brand manufacture is going to start producing them in our size again. I know Goodyear produces tires specially for Wal*Mart (tires that look similar and have similar names to other Goodyear products, but cannot be purchased through a Goodyear Distributor), and I think Hankook, Michelin, and Uniroyal do the same thing.
    Hankooks. This is the only brand they carry in a whitewall for a 225/75/15. It probably won't be long before they won't be available. It's too bad that it's hard to find a whitewall for theses cars. The Michelins I had were the best tire I've owned.

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Oh, so you got the h724. Could you post pictures of them, because the promo pictures provided by Hankook make the white wall look insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by sven914 View Post
    Oh, so you got the h724. Could you post pictures of them, because the promo pictures provided by Hankook make the white wall look insignificant.
    I don't have a way to upload pics. at the moment. I haven't looked on Hankooks website, but W-marts website does not show a photo of the whitewall.

Mark 78 Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1978 Coupe De Ville, 1993 Fleetwood

Simpletire.com is showing the Enduro 75 in stock again, the 235 is $75 and the 225 is $70.00. I bought the 235's this summer for my Roady wagon, in July I think. If anyone needs or wants these tires, call asap. It's weird-sometimes they are available, sometimes not. But, as I've stated, and so have many others, you can't beat these tires for the really nice ride, and excellent price.

I hope anyone ordering from them has better luck than I.

After my experience with them I would never do business with them!

They scewed around with me. all the while still showing the tire available. Then because I used paypal for it my refund was heldby paypal for several weeks, leaving me to pay for another set of tire while still "owning" the ones that didn't exist.

Just ordered 5 Runway Enduros for my 1987 from simpletire.com. $307.00 including shipping.

I just got an email from Tires simple, the tires don't exist, and they refunded my money!
    They said the tires were used and they don't sell used. Reordered from performancetire.com, $ 477.95 for 5 delivered.
    They just sent an email that stated they refunded my money because the tires listed were used and they do not sell used tires.

So I went on their website and it said they were in stock. (They had changed the price from 47.13 to sixty some dollars.)

I them called customer service and was told that they get tires from many warehouses and sometimes the warehouses list used tires. They didn't notice they were used until they confirmed it. I called bullcrap, because they are still listed but at a higher price. I told him I found them somewhere else at an even higher price, but would pay it because of this incident. I did not want to deal with this company anymore.

He said he would go see his manager and get me the absolute lowest price on them for me.
    When he called me back he said there were none available and the website was wrong.

cadillac_al is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 78 Seville, 78 Coupe de Ville, 92 Sedan de Ville

It seems like if there is a Hankook dealer in your state, that they should be able to order them in. My Hankook dealer is 150 miles away so I haven't inquired yet but I think I saw them on their website when I checked a few months ago. But we all know websites list things that aren't really available.

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyGas View Post
    Sir, that is beautiful.
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac_al View Post
    It seems like if there is a Hankook dealer in your state, that they should be able to order them in. My Hankook dealer is 150 miles away so I haven't inquired yet but I think I saw them on their website when I checked a few months ago. But we all know websites list things that aren't really available.
    I was replying to Mark 78 Coupe's post above mine, not the Hankook discussion.

Mark 78 Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1978 Coupe De Ville, 1993 Fleetwood

Dave, I guess it is just the luck of the draw. I ordered mine online, got an email confirmation a few minutes later, and they showed up about 3 days later. The easiest thing I've ever done, short of falling off a bar stool.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.