The official Whitewall thread - Page 22
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, The official Whitewall thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by ferrisworld Anybody tried the Hankook Optimo H724? I guess the Enduro 706s I saw were shaved in, ...
    HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

Re: The official Whitewall thread

Quote Originally Posted by ferrisworld View Post
    Anybody tried the Hankook Optimo H724?

I guess the Enduro 706s I saw were shaved in, as Tire Factory says it's only a blackwall.
    I just put the Hankook Optimo H724s on my 68 Eldorado. I wish they were abit wider, but I didn't want to spend a fortune on custom wide whites.

I'd really like a set of the OEM dual stripes.

Bro-Ham, Bro-Ham, JimMLINY and 5 others like this.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

That eldog is so money.
    Bro-Ham and Bro-Ham like this.

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*

I called GT Radial today (manufacture of the Runway Enduro 75) and they said all Runway white walls are being discontinued, as of this year. So if you have Enduros, there might not be any replacement tires, if you have a road hazard or defective tire. It might not hurt to pick up an extra one before the supply dries up.

The Champiro 75 (also made by GT) is still in production, but they might have those slated for discontinuance as well. There are a few authorized GT distributors in my area, but none of them stock the Champiro (said it's been at least 3 years since anyone has ordered one). They don't have a mileage warranty, but GT backs a 5 year warranty against defects in workmanship.

It was recommended that I check out Delta Tire; their Majestic Series is one of the only white walls available in stores. They're a privately owned tire company, who has larger companies manufacture the tires. The Majestic is is made by Cooper, and the warranty is backed by Cooper, through Delta (if for whatever reason Cooper doesn't uphold the warranty, Delta will reimburse you). The warranty is just against defects, and is effective down the remaining 2/32 of thread (there is no mileage warranty or life expectancy).

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Wow. I am going to buy a set of Runways for mom's 84.

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*

^The Champiro 75 is supposedly the same tire, but costs a little less because it comes directly from GT.

ferrisworld is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1979 Sedan Deville

devillewithoutlaw.jpg
    How about this? American Racing Outlaw I with a painted center and a cadillac center cap to cover the lugs. Sort of has that 1930s look.

A while ago I also had an idea. Get an 18 inch wheel, put the outside part of the 15 inch in the center of it, cover between the lips and paint the whitewall onto this surface. Then you can run any modern 18 inch tire, but it still looks like a 15 inch and you can use your original wheel covers.
    sgc2c, Stingroo, Stingroo and 4 others like this.

Forgoten214 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Sedan DeVille

Quote Originally Posted by ferrisworld View Post
    Attachment 89087
    How about this? American Racing Outlaw I with a painted center and a cadillac center cap to cover the lugs. Sort of has that 1930s look.

A while ago I also had an idea. Get an 18 inch wheel, put the outside part of the 15 inch in the center of it, cover between the lips and paint the whitewall onto this surface. Then you can run any modern 18 inch tire, but it still looks like a 15 inch and you can use your original wheel covers.
    I like it. Not bad.

Highway Star is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1979 Coupe Deville

I'm still on my Broadway Classics, bought em' in '06. So far about 10k miles. When these need replacing, who the heck knows what will be out there (and gas will be $20 bucks a gal.) BTW, I use Lava soap on my whitewalls. Soak the bar in hot water, and use a washcloth (or piece of old towel).

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

I had Kumho Solus KR21 tires installed on my car in August, 2010 and have put 13,000 miles on since then and rotated twice. They are the standard width whitewall. I chose this tire because it had a higher "T" speed rating which I hoped would mean it would be stronger and more durable for 75+ MPH highway driving. Last fall one of the tires blew out on the interstate, the tire dealer replaced it at no charge. I am noticing these tires are becoming slightly noisy occasionally but overall they are decent. I keep wondering when the next one will explode though. I am strongly considering the Runway or Champiro wider whitewalls to try them out plus give the car its more traditional 1970's luxury car appearance. Stay tuned.

These Kumho tires are the third new set I've installed on the car in the 56,000 miles I've driven it since I acquired it in 2005, all 215/75-15 whitewalls. The first set was Firestone FR380 which cupped fairly quickly, despite rotating and proper inflation, and I replaced them after about 10,000 miles because the noise drove me crazy. The second set were Bridgestone Insignia which were quiet and wore like iron and lasted over 30,000 miles before I decided to replace them only because I didn't want to take my chances with them any longer on sizzling hot Florida roadways.

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

Just ordered a set of 4 Champiros at the price of $108 per tire and free shipping from this site:

http://www.performanceplustire.com/t...es/champiro-75

I am awaiting them to confirm my order and confirm they have 4 in stock. Anyone else that wants some, that's a great price for 1.25" white walls. Other places have them at $149 per tire.

This source has Champiro 215/75-15 wide whitewalls for $90 + shipping:

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.p...ort=P&dsco=135

Same site has the wide whitewall 215/75-15 Runway Enduro 75 for $87:

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.p...ort=P&dsco=135
    outsider and outsider like this.

Forgoten214 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Sedan DeVille

Which tire is better or looks better? The Champiro or the Runway Enduros?

Quick question, I know this is the wrong forum but does anyone know if they make wide whitewalls for a 75 Eldorado? Or what size it takes? I'm asking for a friend.

ruttrow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 78 Coupe Deville

Yesterday, partially in desperation (see my other thread about wire wheel hub cap locks) I bought tires
    from our local Firestone for my 78 Coupe Deville. At first they tried to sell me a set of Firestones with
    white walls they had in stock. 215/75/15's. However my caddy has 225/75/15's I insisted on keeping
    them the same. So they ordered Kumho's which came in a few hours later. Tires, installation, front end
    alignment, I was out the door spending $575.00. A bit more than I prefer to pay, but they have been
    taking care of me on other things. The tires made a huge difference and they look nice. I was cruising
    the interstate last night at 70 mph, and noticed it drove smoother than my 2008 Chrysler.

Quote Originally Posted by ruttrow View Post
    Yesterday, partially in desperation (see my other thread about wire wheel hub cap locks) I bought tires
    from our local Firestone for my 78 Coupe Deville. At first they tried to sell me a set of Firestones with
    white walls they had in stock. 215/75/15's. However my caddy has 225/75/15's I insisted on keeping
    them the same. So they ordered Kumho's which came in a few hours later. Tires, installation, front end
    alignment, I was out the door spending $575.00. A bit more than I prefer to pay, but they have been
    taking care of me on other things. The tires made a huge difference and they look nice. I was cruising
    the interstate last night at 70 mph, and noticed it drove smoother than my 2008 Chrysler.
    FYI the correct tire size for your 1978 deVille is 215/75-15. The 225's work fine too, your speedometer will be off by about 5%.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forgoten214 View Post
    Which tire is better or looks better? The Champiro or the Runway Enduros?

Quick question, I know this is the wrong forum but does anyone know if they make wide whitewalls for a 75 Eldorado? Or what size it takes? I'm asking for a friend.
    1975 Eldorado tire size is 235/75-15. Both Runway and Champiro wide whitewalls look to be available at this site in that size: www.tires-easy.com

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

that's the size I bought my champiros in earlier!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.