The official Whitewall thread - Page 20
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, The official Whitewall thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; OMG You get my vote for my favorite car on this forum!!! I would die for that car, it's my ...
    Forgoten214 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Sedan DeVille

Re: The official Whitewall thread 85 FLEETWOOD COUPE

OMG You get my vote for my favorite car on this forum!!! I would die for that car, it's my favorite design Cadillac has ever made. I just don't know about the HT4100 engine but w/e. With that mileage I'd deal with it.

Definitely look for Michelin Symmetry's if you can find them. Check online, call locally whatever.

If you can't find them, go with Falkens, Bridgestone even Hankook are great, they sell Hankook at Walmart now and they have the High Mileage Plus II in pretty much every size. Look into it type it into google. They're really a great tire the H725. I'm going to put Hankook's on my DeVille when I get the money.

Also if you can find Uniroyal TigerPaw AWP II WhiteWall. Tirerack.com has some in stock check them out. Uniroyal makes a great Michelin alternative, they're made by Michelin, I heard great things about them for the price.

I love your Brougham! If you ever want to sell it to someone who will take care of it and treat it right and wax it every month like I would then I'm you're man!

Also please post some more pictures, if you have anymore questions about tires just let me know I'll help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by hydman View Post
    LAST MONTH BOUGHT MY 85' FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM DR.COUPE, ONLY 12,200 MILES, STARTING TO DRYROT 215/75/R15 TIRES.
    HAVE LOOKED ON THE INTERNET FOR 3/4" WW NOT MUCH TO BE FOUND. NOT LOOKING TO GO CHEAP, I INTEND TO KEEP CAR IN TOP-NOTCH
    CONDITION, ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY WELCOME. THANKS
    HYDMANAttachment 83844 LOVE MY RIDE!!

hydman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1985 FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM COUPE---67 BUICK GS400 CONVERTABLE

Forgoten 214: Thanks for the info. This is a great site glad i joined, here's a few more pics: Thanks again! Hydman.caddy2.jpg,.....
    Forgoten214 and Forgoten214 like this.

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

Re: The official Whitewall thread

Hydman,

Read this entire whitewall tire thread and you should get some ideas. Champiro and Runway Enduro both make the wider whitewall tires you are looking for.

These websites usually have both brands:

https://www.tiresavings.com/

http://www.tires-easy.com/

Good luck! We are all here to help!

No problem sir, you are a lucky man. That is a beautiful car you have there! You really are lucky to have it, I've been looking for a 2 door Black Fleetwood Brougham for years now. I wish I had one it's one of my favorite car's Cadillac has ever made besides the 1955 Eldorado, 1966 DeVille, 1975 Eldorado Fleetwood convertible.

You mentioned you wanted 3/4ths correct? All the ones I mentioned besides the Michelin's are 3/4ths. If you're looking for a full inch those are a bit harder to find. I believe Runway makes those and of course VOGUE tires if you have money.

Vogue tires are pretty much the best you can buy. They're hand made and custom made for each size. They cost around 200-300 per tire but are well worth it depending on how much money you're willing to spend.

Also Firestone FR710s are a great choice as well as Firestone Affinity Touring. Actually Firestone is having a special for the month of December for the Affinity Touring series, buy 3 get the 4th free and you get free installation. Comes out to about 320 dollars for my car with the road hazard warranty. Not a bad price I don't think. Oh and that's installed on the car BTW at the Firestone service center store.

I love these pictures! I'd love to see all of the ones you have.

Forgoten 214: Thanks for the info. This is a great site glad i joined, here's a few more pics: Thanks again! Hydman.Attachment 83888,.....

hydman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1985 FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM COUPE---67 BUICK GS400 CONVERTABLE

Wow everything looks really great in it. That would be cool if it was a D'Elegance but sometimes I like it without leather seats, mine has cloth seats and I actually like it better than leather in some ways.

How's your HT4100? I know a lot of people don't like that engine.

Is there anyway you can email those to me in a higher size/resolution? I'd like to keep it for my personal collection so that I know what to look for as an example of what I'd like to try to find/buy. I bet I wouldn't be able to afford it but it's always nice to dream I say.

ferrisworld is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1979 Sedan Deville

This is a photoshop I made of some Runway Enuro 75s on my car, along with an American Racing Baja wheel. Though I would see what you guys thought.

cadillac-with-baja.jpg

intragration is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1970 Coupe DeVille, 2002 Eldorado Collector Series

Not a particular fan of those wheels, but the tire looks good. Unless they make the Bajas in 5-lug, you'd be out of luck.

Faded Crest is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '00 SDV, '94 & '99 Eldo, '03 DHS, '66 SDV

I agree, I like the tires, not so much the wheels. I'd run appliance spokes.

Tires look beautiful. The Wheels/Rims are...Different. They're what I'd expect on a muscle car or a hot rod or rat rod.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrisworld View Post
    This is a photoshop I made of some Runway Enuro 75s on my car, along with an American Racing Baja wheel. Though I would see what you guys thought.

Attachment 86761

I think I might just do it. They do make the Baja in 5x5, but the 6 lug was the best head on pic I could find. 15x7 5x5 is like $100. I like that it's different since so many have wires or supremes. Another option might be Torque Thrust Ds, Slot Mags, or Halibrands.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

personally, I kind of dig those rims. someone (American Racing?) used to make a design very similar to those in the 80's, except they were cast aluminum and the design came out to the lip of the rim so that the rim itself was concave. They sure look better than the 20"+ that most people stick on these cars.
    Does the front of your car really sit that low to the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    They sure look better than the 20"+ that most people stick on these cars.
    Now I'll agree with that!

Yeah I have a set of Vogtland springs on it meant for an Impala SS. I figure it probably sits slightly lower than an Impala since the 425 probably weighs a little bit more than an LT1. I don't know if it really weighs that much more though.

It's so funny to me... I was always so happy for my Brougham to sit up high like it was proud and standing tall. I always thought a car sitting low made it look worn out and saggy. I guess that's because before lowering cars became a fad that is exactly what it meant... a car that sat low had worn out, compressed springs and dead shocks... Or your level ride compressor or air line was broken.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.