The official Whitewall thread - Page 19
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, The official Whitewall thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Remember whitewall enthusiasts: use Westley's Bleche-Wite on those WWs! No steel wool, no SOS pads. Spray it on, let soak, ...
    jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Re: The official Whitewall thread

Remember whitewall enthusiasts: use Westley's Bleche-Wite on those WWs! No steel wool, no SOS pads. Spray it on, let soak, rinse it off.

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Steel wool? *cringe*

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

If you use house paint, you never have to bleach it...

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

I´ve had good results with a scouring pad and dish soap. For resistant stains you can use engine cleaner instead of dish soap... And rubbing insistently. What Jay recommends probably will ease the work.

fatheroffont is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brogham

Hi,
    I did a little research and it seems that the Hancook 725 Milage plus comes in a whitewall in 235-70-15s. Anyone have experience with these? First time caddy owner (96 Fleetwood Brogham).
    Thanks,
    Steve

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

No experience with the 725, but I do have Hankook snow tires, and I put nice summer 17" Hankooks on my wife's car. No complaints about either set. Actually, the snows are the best I have used, and the 17s are quieter and better handling than the old Michelins. FWIW, of course.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

I always used a green scotch brite pad on the whitewalls with the Westly's Bleach White. I just steal it from the kitchen sink when it starts to look a little grungy. Biggest thing about keeping your whitewalls nice is to keep up on it, wash your car once a week and do the whitewalls. Nothing irks me more than seeing a clean car with dirty whitewalls or white letter tires.

cadillac_al is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 78 Seville, 78 Coupe de Ville, 92 Sedan de Ville

Quote Originally Posted by fatheroffont View Post
    Hi,
    I did a little research and it seems that the Hancook 725 Milage plus comes in a whitewall in 235-70-15s. Anyone have experience with these? First time caddy owner (96 Fleetwood Brogham).
    Thanks,
    Steve
    That's what I bought, mentioned it in post 226 and 231. They seem to work fine and look nice.

Forgoten214 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Sedan DeVille

Thanks for this thread guys, I'm coming over from the FWD section, I have a 1992 DeVille and I'm currently looking for whitewalls myself. I created a couple threads over there I'm going to need new tires soon myself. I'm probably going to go with the Hankook High Mileage Plus or Bridgestone Insigna SE200. I like the stats for the EL400 Bridgestone but they have really bad reviews...Goodyear Viva 2 is a possibility as well. Oh and P.S Walmart now carries Hankook tires! Bring on the Walmart return policy and no questions asked tire replacement.

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

The Firestone FR380s are also available in FWD DeVille sizes and are decent tires from all accounts I've seen/read/driven in person.

Welcome to the RWD side.

Yep, I forgot those are a excellent choice. Also Firestone Affinity tires where buy 3 and get the 4th free with installation at Firestone which I have 3 stores near me. I missed it by a day! I found out about it on Halloween and it ended in October. I was so pissed. I only had 1 day to get the tires. Firestone makes some great tires for the money though I don't care what people say. I like them better than Bridgestone actually.

Thanks, I've always wanted a RWD Brougham Fleetwood from 1990-1992 with the 5.7 that is Black/Black with the button leather seats! Those are amazing. Hard to find in good shape and when I do the prices are inflated. Spending 7 grand on one is kinda crazy to me. If I had the money I would but I'd like to stay between 2-4k if I can. Imagine how sexy those look with the steel rims and Whitewall's black on black?

Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    The Firestone FR380s are also available in FWD DeVille sizes and are decent tires from all accounts I've seen/read/driven in person.

Welcome to the RWD side.

drmenard is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 95 fleetwood 81 deville

I just bought a set of Hankook P235 70 15 ... I got them at Pep Boys... It was the last set they had and they told me they were not going to carry that size anymore.. these are the mileage plus II.. I have some mileage plus tires and they are not the same... the II's seam lighter duty..

Pictures? I want to see what they look like I'm going to get mine at walmart when I get some extra money.

Quote Originally Posted by drmenard View Post
    I just bought a set of Hankook P235 70 15 ... I got them at Pep Boys... It was the last set they had and they told me they were not going to carry that size anymore.. these are the mileage plus II.. I have some mileage plus tires and they are not the same... the II's seam lighter duty..

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

Re: WhiteWalls

Quote Originally Posted by Garys View Post
    Purchased a set of Champiro 75 series tires today for my '79 Fleetwood. A decent WW, though not thrilled that they are made in China. It sure rides a lot nicer with new tires that are the correct size. The previous owner had installed tires that were two sizes too small.
    Those tires are the shiznit. A tire store by my parents has them for like $70 per tire. The whitewall is perfect (closer to the original than Broadway Shadow or Enduro 75), and they grip like hell. I hope they *never* stop making them. That's what I'm running on my '90, and on my red '79. 225-75 & 215-75 respectively.

hydman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1985 FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM COUPE---67 BUICK GS400 CONVERTABLE

Re: The official Whitewall thread 85 FLEETWOOD COUPE

LAST MONTH BOUGHT MY 85' FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM DR.COUPE, ONLY 12,200 MILES, STARTING TO DRYROT 215/75/R15 TIRES.
    HAVE LOOKED ON THE INTERNET FOR 3/4" WW NOT MUCH TO BE FOUND. NOT LOOKING TO GO CHEAP, I INTEND TO KEEP CAR IN TOP-NOTCH
    CONDITION, ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY WELCOME. THANKS
    HYDMANcaddy7.jpg LOVE MY RIDE!!
    Forgoten214 and Forgoten214 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.