The official Whitewall thread - Page 18
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, The official Whitewall thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anyone dealt with Tires-easy.com? They have the Runway Enduro's in 235-75-15 for $93.90 each. Tiresavings.com lists them at 82.40 ...
    Mark 78 Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1978 Coupe De Ville, 1993 Fleetwood

Re: The official Whitewall thread

Has anyone dealt with Tires-easy.com? They have the Runway Enduro's in 235-75-15 for $93.90 each. Tiresavings.com lists them at 82.40 each, but according to their website they are out of stock. I'll call them tomorrow when they open to see if that is still true. Anyone dealt with them either? I really need/want whitewalls, but I don't want to get screwed by some fly by knight internet company. Why doesn't Tire Rack carry what we want for our old Caddies???

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Because Tire Rack sucks.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Check around locally. You will find a place that can get your Runways.

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

www.tiremonkey.com was a good source that searches local smaller shops.

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 78 Coupe View Post
    Has anyone dealt with Tires-easy.com? They have the Runway Enduro's in 235-75-15 for $93.90 each. Tiresavings.com lists them at 82.40 each, but according to their website they are out of stock. I'll call them tomorrow when they open to see if that is still true. Anyone dealt with them either? I really need/want whitewalls, but I don't want to get screwed by some fly by knight internet company. Why doesn't Tire Rack carry what we want for our old Caddies???
    Both tires-easy and tiresavings seem reputable. I researched them about a year ago, and they seem to be actual real companies. I am about to buy a set of tires for a non-Cadillac and am considering purchasing through them to get the specific tire I want. I will give a full report.

Garys is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1968 CDV / 1970 FWB /1979 FWB / 1995 Eldo

Re: WhiteWalls

Purchased a set of Champiro 75 series tires today for my '79 Fleetwood. A decent WW, though not thrilled that they are made in China. It sure rides a lot nicer with new tires that are the correct size. The previous owner had installed tires that were two sizes too small.
    Attached Images
    CADforce69 and CADforce69 like this.

csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Looks like a nice tire.

Mark 78 Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1978 Coupe De Ville, 1993 Fleetwood

Those look like an even bigger whitewall than the Runway Enduro. How much were they and where did you get them? My 78 Deville has 11 year old Firestone 721's with the big white wall like you have. They probably only have 500 miles on them, but it has been sitting so long I really don't know how safe they would be to drive any distance with them. Anybody have any thoughts/opinions on older tires with few miles?

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

My summer tires are going to need to be replaced next spring. I'm thinking about getting Endoros, but I need a little information about them. I found out that they are manufactured by GT Radials (who also makes the aforementioned Champiro), but GT is just contracted to make them and doesn't actually own the brand.

So what I need to know is...

Who actually owns the brand? Where are they made? What is the warranty and who supports it?

Quote Originally Posted by sven914 View Post
    My summer tires are going to need to be replaced next spring. I'm thinking about getting Endoros, but I need a little information about them. I found out that they are manufactured by GT Radials (who also makes the aforementioned Champiro), but GT is just contracted to make them and doesn't actually own the brand.

So what I need to know is...

Who actually owns the brand? Where are they made? What is the warranty and who supports it?

Here is a link to the Company website, showing location, warranty, etc. http://www.gtradial-us.com/gtradial/us/index.asp

I got mine at my independent neighborhood tire shop. $415.30 otd for 225 75r 15

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

^Maybe the Endoros will have the same warranty as the Champiros. The warranty on them is 5 years and it says "applies to any new tire manufactured by GT RADIAL that bears the corresponding D.O.T. serial number."

But GT does not own Runway. Whoever owns Runway pays GT to manufacture the Endoro, so the tires might not be covered under that warranty. It's like anything in Wal-Mart that has "Sam's Choice" written on it; Wal-Mart doesn't make anything, they pay a name brand company to make it, and Wal-Mart backs that warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 78 Coupe View Post
    Those look like an even bigger whitewall than the Runway Enduro. How much were they and where did you get them? My 78 Deville has 11 year old Firestone 721's with the big white wall like you have. They probably only have 500 miles on them, but it has been sitting so long I really don't know how safe they would be to drive any distance with them. Anybody have any thoughts/opinions on older tires with few miles?
    Actually, I have a set of Runway Enduros on my '68. The tread pattern and whitewall are the same as the Champiro GTs I just purchased. I replaced the tires on the '68 due to age. I thought I had and out of balance tires, but what it was was one of the tires had started to seperate. I was lucky to catch it before it blew out.

BigCadMan_1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94FWB, 07Terraza, 09G5, It's a driveway of GM's

I see RWD Caddy's sometimes without WW & it always look like $hit to me! Here's mine:

69Chateau is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1969 Deville Convertible

UPDATE: The Diamondbacks I added are performing beautifully. I've put on quite a few miles and some longer trips since my last post. They look great and appear to be very well manufactured. I haven't had to clean them once since I cleaned them up originally after installation. The WW is BRIGHT white!

There's nothing cheap or inferior about these Diamondback tires. They start with a high-quality tire (AVID Touring-S) and then apply quality control to them throughout the process of adding the WW. Great tires and great purchase!

bluefleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1964Fleetwood60Spcl,1976EldoradoConv,2009CTS4BlackCherryDI

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chateau View Post
    UPDATE: The Diamondbacks I added are performing beautifully. I've put on quite a few miles and some longer trips since my last post. They look great and appear to be very well manufactured. I haven't had to clean them once since I cleaned them up originally after installation. The WW is BRIGHT white!

There's nothing cheap or inferior about these Diamondback tires. They start with a high-quality tire (AVID Touring-S) and then apply quality control to them throughout the process of adding the WW. Great tires and great purchase!
    Do you have pictures, I may be looking for replacements for my 76 Eldorado
    Thanks
    Lou

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.