Cadillac Owners Forum banner
222K views 699 replies 131 participants last post by  Dave7 
#1 ·
Anybody know a good source for some (cheaper) whitewall tires? I can't find any on tire-rack.com. I really like the Kelly Navigator Gold Series, but being a college kid with a movie-theater pay budget, I can't really afford them. They would be for the '84 DeVille. I'm not sure, but the tires on it may be origional. They aren't bald, but are starting to get down there. I was wondering if anybody has had good luck with these:http://www.walmart.com/catalog/deta...isVariant=false&corpCard=false&type=undefined
GOODYEAR VIVA 2
Yes, I know they are a wally world special, but people say they are a decent tire. Middle of the road reviews.
My old whitewalls will go on my '90 Brougham 'till I can get new ones (the fronts on there now are BAAAALD). Any tire input is greatly appreciated.

#422 · (Edited)
I seem to remember forum members using the 235/75-15 tire size on coachbuilt 1993-96 Fleetwood limousines. There are several threads on this forum about tires and sizes in which the specific tire sizes are discussed for that vintage of Fleetwood.

The 235/75-15 is the correct size for 1976 and before jumbo size Cadillacs.

As noted in the post above, the 235/70-15 is the tire size for Rolls-Royce from the 1970's through 1995 (although 1995 Flying Spur and 1995 Corniche S used 255/65-15 which was the same as Bentley Turbo R of that era and which these two RR models shared the same turbo engine and suspension). Rolls-Royce requires a speed rated tire due to weight and handling capability, minimum of H-rated but the most recent versions have been V-rated. Rolls-Royce owners are frustrated with the same lack of availability of whitewall in the 235/70-15 size.

The only whitewall tire I know of currently available for RR specs in 235/70-15 is the V-rated Avon Turbosteel which isn't cheap nor easily available. I had a set on on a RR I owned until 2006, I recall finding 3 tires online (Tire Rack) and the 4th through the RR dealer - that tire was hard to find back when I got them several years ago also.

Maybe Vogue still makes the white/gold stripe tires in the 235/70-15 size?

Using a tire size calculator the 235/70-15 is about only 1% different in size from the 225/75-15. Please verify this on your own before taking my word on this. The 225/75-15 should have whitewall availability at tires-easy and tiresavings websites. The 225/75-15 was used on the older Brougham (I believe 1988-1992) and also 1977-79 Fleetwood Brougham and 1977-84 Cadillac Fleetwood factory made limousine. Perhaps this could be the best option. Good luck! :)

#427 ·
#426 ·
Re: Mastercraft A/S IV Tires 06315 for 1994 Fleetwood Brougham

Thank you again! Mark

----------

Yes I believe you are right about the tire size for the limos and they have the same skirt, so you are correct sir! thank you, Mark

----------

You could be right Bro-Ham, on my previous 94 fl sedan, I kept the original tires but replaced the rims which were slightly wider, but still 15s, than the original factory rims, and I did have to grind down a small piece on the inside of each skirt so that when I made corners that projecting piece did not touch the tire. It was on the inside of the skirt and I used a bench grinder to take a small end off so it would not touch the tire. It worked and solved the prob, and would do it again if I have to. Thank you for the help, Mark (The rims never felt the same as the orig rims though, as far as "the feel" on the road, they just felt different)

#430 ·
Re: Mastercraft A/S IV Tires 06315 for 1994 Fleetwood Brougham

If you can live with a tiny bit smaller tire there is a good close out sale at Pep boys. They have 225 70 15 Definity EX600 for $45 ... I checked the local store near me and they had 20 left... They are white wall.... I think they are a Cooper tire..

#431 ·
If you can live with a tiny bit smaller tire there is a good close out sale at Pep boys. They have 225 70 15 Definity EX600 for $45 ... I checked the local store near me and they had 20 left... They are white wall.... I think they are a Cooper tire..
That size is 2% different than stock size. Cheap price... I would personally choose 225/75-15 with abundant whitewall availability including the wider white stripe. :)

#443 ·
I said this on another thread but I will say it here. Pep boys is discontinuing there definty ex600 in size 225/70/15 , made by cooper. They are white wall and are only $45 each. I called and bought 4 and put 2 of them on the shelf and mounted 2 ... When I called them they still had 20 of them at a local store, so there still out there..

#444 ·
Cadillac Tires 225/75-15 Aurora H715 4tire.com Bobby 800-489-4847

4 months ago, I purchased a set of AURORA white wall tires. They are a great tire in every aspect:

Quiet. We have tons of bots dots here in California. They are unbelievably quiet over the dots and everywhere else on the road. MUCH MUCH MUCH quieter than the Goodyears and Coopers I had.

Beautiful. The white walls are VERY BRIGHT, with just the perfect tiniest hint of BEIGE. The tread is very deep and quiet frankly looks as if they were made for the car.

Mileage. Tires are supposed to be guaranteed for 80,000 miles. I have 3K on them now, so it would be hard to detect any noticeable wear. Definitely going to get more then 20k though.

I would buy them without hesitation. To be safe, bought 5. The 5th one ended up being a spare.

I could not be happier and hope they are available in 5 years when I will need a new set.

On another note, I have Dodge Stealths, 70 Era Ford Mustangs and Mercury Cougars, MB CLK's, Jag's and of course my beloved Brougham. I had always thought "where the rubber meets the road" and was extremely leery about purchasing none name brand tires.

Since I purchased the Auroras, I have purchased a set of Radials(Hankook?) for my Jag. Best tires I ever put on the Jag. And I have thrown BARRELS of money to put good tires on that car.

Due to my great experience with less expensive tires, I am not sure I can justify $800+ for a set of tires for any of my cars again. And, I would have spent $1500 to put a set of whitewalls on my Brougham. Now, only as a VERY LAST resort.

#445 ·
I've stumbled across a new whitewall option. Windforce Primetour. The company has only been around a few years but the do produce our coveted 225/75 and 235/75 in a whitewall that looks to be around 1-1.25". I emailed the company and they replied that the whitewall is 3cm wide. They are a Chinese tire and I cannot find ANY reviews online about them. I did call the wholesaler that carries them in Texas, "ETI", and the gentleman stated that they are 35,000-40,000 mile rated tires but they aren't junk.

Onlinetires.com currently has the 225/75/15 at $55.00 a tire with half price shipping. The wholesaler is in CA, so I can get 4 delivered to Ohio for around $46...total cost for 4 being a dirt cheap $265. Is it worth the risk for tires I don't know anything about?

#448 ·
I just scored some 235/70R15 white walls. They are made by GT Radial and are called Maxtour. I got them from Simple Tire. Now they are no longer listed on their website. I hope they keep making them. Mine were made at the end of 2013. Just a heads up for another tire to watch for. It may be available at other tire stores.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.