The official Whitewall thread - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, The official Whitewall thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Oh god those are sexy. I want now....
    Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Re: The official Whitewall thread

Oh god those are sexy.

I want now.

cadillac_al is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 78 Seville, 78 Coupe de Ville, 92 Sedan de Ville

Quote Originally Posted by intragration View Post
    The tires are on and I drove with them today, I'm very happy with the entire process. They're American Classic 235 75 15s with 1.6" WWs. I ordered them through Wallace Wade. Nice people, and the tires arrived in under 48 hours from Dallas to Chicago. They're very high quality and look and ride nicely. I had them mounted at NTB, there was some rust on the rims, but they were able to clean them up sufficiently to eliminate any potential problems. They were supposed to static balance them with weights only on the inside rim so I could mount the wheel covers, but they dynamically balanced them. I had to go back to get them static balanced, but they had no problem fixing it. Overall a good experience and I'm happy with the end result.

Those look nice. They used to make special wheel weights that would fit on the outside of Cadillac wheels so the hubcap would go on. They are probably hard to find now but I'll bet they still exist somewhere.

(just got a message that I couldn't submit this reply because it was too short??? weird)

oh oh still too short

ok, it must be above the pic??

intragration is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1970 Coupe DeVille, 2002 Eldorado Collector Series

You probably got that message because your reply was within the quote. It saw your message as being empty until you wrote the last part ha ha. Anyway, thank you both. Yes, I heard about the old weights, and I even found that I had some on an old set of rims in the garage that were last balanced in the '70s. At any rate, static balance came out good and is essentially perfect as far as I can tell from the driver's seat. Maybe someday it will stop raining here and I can actually use the tires for their intended purpose. Meanwhile, a '70 Coupe DeVille does make an awful pretty paperweight.

cadichronic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

I know Hankook makes a 235/70R15 white wall tire. I had them installed on my 1995 FWB two weeks ago. Hankook Mileage Plus II would be the exact name of the tire. So far so good, I have only put about 650 kms on them. They are a welcome change from the aged, over sized Michelins they replaced. I will try to get a pic to post.

intragration is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1970 Coupe DeVille, 2002 Eldorado Collector Series

I may not have mentioned it before, in case it needs mentioning, but the American Classics are made in USA. They even put the guys name who made each specific tire. Kind of cool.
    Stingroo and Stingroo like this.

cadichronic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

I finally took some pictures of my 1995 Fleetwood with the new set of Hankook Mileage Plus II tires. I had the windows tinted today and it was nice enough to give her a good hand wash.
    Attached Images

bluefleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1964Fleetwood60Spcl,1976EldoradoConv,2009CTS4BlackCherryDI

Hi Guys and Gals,
    This is a great and informative thread thanks.
    I'd thought I'd share my thoughts if you don't mind.
    I've tried the Bleche White years ago and didn't like it for 3 reasons, 1 was discussed here, it dries out the rubber, 2. It ran a white film off the tires onto my driveway that I couldn't wash off easy and finally the expense. I have been using Formula 409, which can also be pricey, for years along with SOS Pads {Cosctcos' Big Box} and fond they work great. As far as leaving scratches on the whitewall, I've never experienced it.
    A friend turned me onto this product
    {http://www.dollartree.com/cleaning-storage-hardware/all-purpose-cleaners/LA-s-Totally-Awesome-Cleaner-Refill/212c254c254p297717/index.pro?method=search}
    which can be purchased at your local Dollar Tree Store or from the site. This stuff is much more powerful than 409 and works on EVERYTHING besides tires. Great on BBQ Grills. This stuff is so good that for the whitewalls I actually cut it. 50/50 with water. Stretching that 32 ouncer to 64. The store carries it in a 20 oz bottle as well.
    Here is the best part, Both bottles are only a buck each. I never buy the 20 oz. That doesn't make sense as you get more with the 32 for the same price. The 32 doesn't have a spray handle so I put in a spent Windex spray bottle.

Here is the result, Super bright Whitewalls. Mind you, these pictures were taken this morning and all 3 cars need to be cleaned, including the Whitewalls.
    On the truck I used a small wire brush with very little pressure after spraying the LA's Awesome first. They also make many LA Awesome products for the home at the same price.
    I hope this info helps.

Just thought I'd show more pix.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

I used SOS pads for years before switching to Bleche Wite. Yes, Bleche Wite will stain asphalt, so I detail in the garage. I can guarantee SOS pads will leave small scratches that will pick up dirt. Next time I detail mom's 84, I will take shots of her WWs so you can see what I am talking about.

With Bleche Wite, I don't even touch the tire after spraying the product. I hit it with the pressure washer, and the result is gleaming whites that look brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
    I used SOS pads for years before switching to Bleche Wite. Yes, Bleche Wite will stain asphalt, so I detail in the garage. I can guarantee SOS pads will leave small scratches that will pick up dirt. Next time I detail mom's 84, I will take shots of her WWs so you can see what I am talking about.

With Bleche Wite, I don't even touch the tire after spraying the product. I hit it with the pressure washer, and the result is gleaming whites that look brand new.
    Oh I see, I guess the Bleche White isn't staining your garage floor or you just don't care if it does. I also noticed when I used Bleche White that the staining run off even stained the Black of the tire, requiring a harsh chemical to remove it.
    Also, Do you actually start up a pressure washer every time you clean you tires?
    Seems a bit much to me.
    Even if the SOS is scratching the WW and I'm not saying it is, How much dirt do you think is actually getting in there? Are you driving through mud constantly.
    The least expensive stuff I recommend even eats brake dust without having to scrub.
    Hey, It all comes down to whatever works for you.

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

bluefleetwood, that 64 is stunningly gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Bro-Ham View Post
    bluefleetwood, that 64 is stunningly gorgeous!
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post

Hey, you know you're right, on closer examination, there are very fine scratches on the Whitewalls and they do pick up a little dirt. I just never noticed it before until you pointed it out. I guess I'll go back to using a Finger Nail brush instead. Once I finish the industrial size box of SOS pads first. I guess it's not as critical to me.

CBodyFan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

BleceWhite can harm aluminium wheels. It is very acidic.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Only bare wheels (no clear coat), and only if it is left on without rinsing. None of the factory wheels are raw aluminum. They have clear coat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.