Program Key fob for Cadillac Fleetwood 1994
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Daz77
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Program Key fob for Cadillac Fleetwood 1994 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Anybody have a tutorial or directions on how to program a new remote? Thanks!...
    ocmdiaz714 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Program Key fob for Cadillac Fleetwood 1994

Anybody have a tutorial or directions on how to program a new remote? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thefleetwoodguy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 95 triple black fwb

Re: Program Key fob for Cadillac Fleetwood 1994

1. The ignition must be in the "run" position.
    2. Find the programming connector that is hanging off a wire harness on the upper left side of the trunk by the left hand hinge. Its a 2-pin male connector with two black-with-white-stripe wires. (*)
    3. When you short these two pins together with a screwdriver or shorting plug, the RCDLR will cycle the lock and trunk solenoids to confirm it is ready. This connector will need to remain shorted until your are finished programming the remotes.
    4. Pressing any key (only once) on either remote will program that remote to the RCDLR. You will need to re-program both remotes once you begin the procedure. The RCDLR will only remember the last two (2) remotes programmed. Any transmitter codes that were previously programmed will be ereased.
    5. The locks will cycle lock-unlock after each remote is programmed to confirm that it register its signal. Once the shorting plug is removed the alarm will sound for 1 second - this indicates that the system is ready. The system will not operate if the shorting plug is not removed.

To disable the automatic unlock-in-park feature:

1. After the last remote is programmed, but before you un-short the programming connector, press the following sequence three (3) times on a remote:
    * lock, unlock, trunk
    2. The RCDLR will cycle the door locks and trunk release solenoids three times to confirm at the end of the sequence.

To re-enable the unlock-in-park feature of, just repeat the above to reprogram the RCDLR to your remotes, but don't do the special three-button-three-times sequence.

You can match a transmitter to as many different vehicles as you own, provided they are equipped with exactly the same model system.

Reviving Dead Key Fobs

If you suspect the key fob itself isn�t working, the dealership's parts department has a device that will check to see if it is indeed functioning (transmitting) properly. If you have a frequency counter you can check it as well, output is in the 318-320 MHz range. The couple that I've check have been 318.990 & 319.075 MHz - note that no matter which button you press (light, unlock, lock, trunk open, etc.) the transmit frequency does not change.

If they're still not working (after installing fresh batteries) and you feel like messing around with it a little, take the key fob totally apart and clean the contact points behind the rubber membrane and the brass etchings on printed-circuit (PC) board - this may be just enough to bring it back to life! Moisture intrusion and the resulting corrosion on the contacts is usually the culprit in a lot of "not working" situations.

DerMann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood Brougham

Slightly unrelated question.

If the gentleman from whom I purchased my 1995 FWB was unable to supply a key fob, would it be possible to pick one up from a dealership?

Key fobs are an amazing invention, and I'd really love to get in on that.

thefleetwoodguy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 95 triple black fwb

Quote Originally Posted by DerMann View Post
    Slightly unrelated question.

If the gentleman from whom I purchased my 1995 FWB was unable to supply a key fob, would it be possible to pick one up from a dealership?

Key fobs are an amazing invention, and I'd really love to get in on that.
    e bay is the best source for them
    I have a few here

ocmdiaz714 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

So there is a box in the trunk which powers or enables the alarm, stereo, lighting and etc for the Cadillac Fleetwood? Because my stereo isn't working as the time shows 0:00 and every five seconds it goes off and right back on. The lighting also doesn't turn on and I was told by the previous owner that I have to replace the computer or "box" in the trunk to have that fixed. He told me it runs for a bout "$150," but I don't even know what it is or where to get it. Any help?

DerMann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by ocmdiaz714 View Post
    So there is a box in the trunk which powers or enables the alarm, stereo, lighting and etc for the Cadillac Fleetwood? Because my stereo isn't working as the time shows 0:00 and every five seconds it goes off and right back on. The lighting also doesn't turn on and I was told by the previous owner that I have to replace the computer or "box" in the trunk to have that fixed. He told me it runs for a bout "$150," but I don't even know what it is or where to get it. Any help?
    That's the CCM, or Central Control Module. Mine went bad due to a water leak, and I am experiencing similar problems. My AC and interior lights will not turn off even if the car is off, so I have to remove the fuse to get them off.

If you look in the trunk, in the extreme back, there is a steel box with wires plugged into it. That's your CCM.

Mr. Mann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Deville Concours

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...,parttype,2888

You can try this link. This is a link to RockAuto. I think the CCM for our cars is also known as a Body Control Module also. I'm having a Pass Key issue and it seems to be coming from the computer in the trunk because I've already done the resistor mod and I'm still having the issue where the car starts when it wants to.

Darth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood

Thank you for posting the programming. It works perfectly.

Terry Otis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Deville coupe 4.9

I have a 1993 Coupe Deville but can not find how to program remotes. Any one knows what I need?

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

Terry, you may have luck in the FWD section of the site.

Daz77 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood, 1998 Cadillac Deville

Nice Thread!!! It really helped me to stop using those keys and the locks scared the bejesus on of me, lol. Thanks alot!!!
    Tankboy40 and Tankboy40 like this.

thateus is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question - I just bought a 1994 Fleetwood and it came with both remotes which worked except for the trunk button. So I replaced the batteries, cleaned the contacts, and successfully re-programmed following the instructions on this post. But for some reason, the trunk button on both remotes still are not working. For what its worth, the release button in the glove box does work. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.