Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Ok, who in Downers Grove is selling their Fleetwood?

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  96Fleetwood 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Actually I put it up for shits and giggles.

If someone would be kind enough to pay me almost $6K for it... then why not? ;) That would make a nice down payment on a new Pontiac G8 GT.

It had been up for 5 days with only one email from Tom :histeric:

Take care gentleman,

your resident lt1 buyer--Elias

#5 ·
...oh and OF COURSE it's worth that much:thumbsup:

Just the fact that I and now Elias have owned it, seriously...:)

She is quite the looker, in a not classic Caddy white nor mean and cool black way...I still miss those colors with those wheels. And now so much better with the light lowering and further clean up.

#6 ·
My wife is telling me now that she wants my Buick.... Well, maybe I will keep driving the FW! At least part of the time, she is realizing that driving the 454 around town is getting old... I wish I could, time to work on the FW.... I really DO miss driving it, a lot. Nothing like a LT1 to haul ....

The 3800 SC is fun, the power to weight is close to the LT1, but I always fear breaking something... I do really like the PAU's brakes over the FW's, same size roughly, but 1000+ lbs lighter....

#7 ·
After the work I did on the 1995, it is actually getting decent gas mileage.

I made 24 mpg on the trip to Milwaukee and back, speeds of 70-80 mph.

I am getting 19 mpg on my daily commute from Downers to the city.

.. not too shabby.:cloud9:

#8 ·
My FW was consistently showing 19-19.5 city highway, mostly anyway I drive it. I didn't get more than 21 highway though. It just wouldn't do it. Maybe if I do put it back on the road (plates and insurance now) maybe I will go open loop for a while and try a highway cruise. This would dial out the O2's as problems.

#9 ·
That was exactly what I was getting with the above shown car, at least highway wise. My trips were always the same at 70-80mph (not a help, I know), but I never broke 21.5-22'ish. In town, well, stop and go in TOWN, was 12-14, and then I'd get around 15-17 with my commute here in DE with a mixture of stops and 2-lane cruising.

Goes to show you what a tune up can do, even though the car ran like a top most of the time with me prior. I should have done work sooner, no doubt, regardless.

#10 ·
I can't believe you sold it with all the body work you did on it, but it looks sharp!

#11 ·
You should see it in person. It is one of the best matching paint jobs I have seen. Now it has been claybarred, polished, waxed... the Rubstrips still need to be repainted.

I also POR15'd most of the undercarriage and detailed the heck out of the engine bay.

The interior was already gorgeous, all I had to do was condition the leather and buy some new mats to cover the factory ones.

It is tons of car for the money and now runs perfect after all the maintenance.

I plan on driving it to Miami in October, so I will report the gas mileage on that trip. I still am debating whether to keep the SS wheels on for the trip or put on the set of 15 inch stock Brougham wheels I have... we will see.

Take care,
Elias

#13 ·
Wish I had the $$, I would jump on it....

#14 ·
Elias, I am gonna have to stop by your house sometime so we can finally meet. I live barely a mile from your house and you own the ultimate sleeper and I have never seen it up close. BTW, everyone was wondering where you were at the last Caddy/Lasalle meet (the one I went to).

#15 ·
Sounds good. If you see the 1995 out front, then I am home.

My schedule has been hectic, but I am planning on bringing both Fleetwoods to the Cadillac luxury car show this Sunday the 7th. You going?

I was at the Friday night Downers cruise night too, the '96 Fleetwood had a huge crowd around it. It was nice to walk around and hear people ask each other if they saw the Hot Rod Fleetwood.

:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.