1960 cadillac coupe deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 1960 cadillac coupe deville in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; i am restoring 1960 cadillac coupe deville. Black paint, with black and white interior.I will post pictures soon. I want ...
    AYT93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1960 Coupe Deville + 1958 Seville

Lightbulb 1960 cadillac coupe deville

i am restoring 1960 cadillac coupe deville. Black paint, with black and white interior.I will post pictures soon. I want to dress it up a little bit, so if anybody has any ideas or pictures of anything you have done i would love to hear them.

thank you
    aaron

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Re: 1960 cadillac coupe deville

Check out the picture gallery at www.cadillaclasalleclub.com. The 1960s section has several pictures of restored 1960 cars that may give you inspiration.

Craig

thank you very much

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Dont dress it up beyond original! The 1960 is a sweeeeeeet ride. For what it's worth, any modifications you make to this car will reduce the value by the amount it would take to eliminate the modification and putting it back to original. I have a 62 convertible. I wish it was a 1960.

ohh yea i know im going to keep it as original as possible, but i want some little things added, like maybe shaved door handels, im thinking about that with my father and brother. Thank you for the advice.

Aaron

ohh yea i know im going to keep it as original as possible, but i want some little things added, like maybe shaved door handels, im thinking about that with my father and brother. Thank you for the advice.

Aaron

By a honda and shave the handles. Leave the 60 Caddy original. Just my bumble opinion.

haha, yea i get what your saying, the car is perfect how it is

By a honda and shave the handles. Leave the 60 Caddy original. Just my bumble opinion. Any car can have shaved handles, only a few caddies from 1960 can be original! You have something that is greatly special. Pardon the expression .... don't ruin it.

Envious of your 1960 Caddy!

zpaps is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE YET

Hey gang. I am just about to purchase a 60 coupe hartop. 59k original miles, and most of everything is original. Here is the weird stuff: flame throwers, hydrolic system, and custom paint job by Gene Winfield... There is a bit of work needed, but mainly cosmetic stuff like detailing the engine and interior, little dent on the back fin (not frame damage), and just a bit of maintenance on the engine (sitting for a year). Does anyone have any advice or comments about this ride? I have never even thought of buying a custom ride like this, but it is really sweet, my favorite year for a Caddy, and at a price I think is really fair. I would appreciate anything you all might tell me, as it could save me a lot of trouble in the future... including price-ranges for purchasing (sight unseen) and what a cherry 'CUSTOM" might be worth. Thanks!!!

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Pricing customs is a notoriously tricky business. Custom work is extremely subjective and what looks good to you may look like puke to someone else. I personally would never consider a modified car since I prefer the factory original look and feel.

As a car, the 1960 Cadillacs are elegant, distinctive, and IMO a much more attractive design than 1959 or 1961-1964. They are comfortable, powerful, and have a surprising amount of toys for the era (which are hell to fix if they break). Like all older cars, they are prone to rust, so check your prospective purchase to see how the custom work was done, especially any body work.

Best of luck with your purchase.

Craig

zpaps is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE YET

Hi Craig, thanks for your response. I definitely agree with you about an original job- would prefer it for sure. I think for this particular car, I couldn't get one totally original and in this shape for this money. Is it possible to restore a car back to original after having this custom stuff already done- like the paint? (Sorry for the amateur question, but I am a total noob with this stuff).

Thanks again

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

You could get it repainted, yeah. It would probably cost you more because you'd have to sand all the current stuff off I'd assume. Or whatever it is they do to remove it. Got any pictures of the car? I'm curious as to what's "custom" about it.

cooncat is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS V8

I would not shave the door handles. Honestly, I don't see the point of doing that. As previous posters said, the car would be worth a lot more if you keep it as close to original as possible. The 1960 is a great car. A couple members of the Cadilac/LaSalle clear here on the west coast of Florida have them.

creeker is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t

Quote Originally Posted by AYT93 View Post
    i am restoring 1960 cadillac coupe deville. Black paint, with black and white interior.I will post pictures soon. I want to dress it up a little bit, so if anybody has any ideas or pictures of anything you have done i would love to hear them.

thank you
    aaron
    Try cardomain.com,there's some good pictures there,including a black one with black and white interior.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.