Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New guy...1992 Brougham d'Elegance

23K views 86 replies 27 participants last post by  AladdinSane5150 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! I've been reading the posts on this forum for about two weeks (I'm up to page 83 or so!). My Brougham got transported from FL on the 14th after the death of the owner,a close friend.
There is a HUGE amount of info here...I was able to decode my vin, find out my paint color (Dark Maple Metallic), and much more with the resources provided here.
The car wasn't cared for as much as it could have been for the last year or so,and there was 900 miles of road grime added to it to boot.Transport was another story. You can read about it here: http://www.transportreviews.com/company/AAAll-States-Auto-Transport.asp
I'm including some pics taken by the seller before the trip.
The detailing frenzy started last week...man,that's a lotta car! It even dwarfs my 84 Buick LeSabre Limited!
I'm looking foward to restoring this fine example of American luxury to it's former glory.
I'm also looking forward to your advice and opinions.
BTW: 5.0 TBI 108,000 miles Arlington built Jacksonville driven

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
:thumbsup:Sweet car. I really like that colour on the 90-92s. Is it a 5.7?

Interesting read on the transportation. From other's reports that I have heard, you may have gotten off lucky with a little oil spray. One wagon owner recently had the top car fall on his while being transported...

Welcome to a great forum!

#4 ·
Congratulations! You're going to love, love, love it!
Difficult to say from the quality of those pics, but it looks to be all there, but just somewhat dull. Needs lots of TLC to bring back the shine.

It should look like this once you've given it your all......

Beautiful car :)

Martin.

#5 ·
Wow MT nice pic...and you too Aladdin...I like that DeVille in the last pic. Black is a good color. My wife was wondering what the red car in the background is. Hey Aladdin, you ought to throw a 5.7 in there, if you are going through the trouble of restoring the car. Lots of options with that motor, and the increase in power is substantial. Well, good luck!

#6 · (Edited)
The red car is a Caddy convertible caddyville89. Not sure which year. Possibly a '70 Deville. The pic was taken last year at the Trillium Cadillac & Lasalle OC show at City Buick Pontiac Cadillac in Toronto. Rest assured this year I'll be taking my Brougham along and taking lots of pics.

Martin.

#7 ·
Thank you all for your congratulations and words of encouragement! Martin, if my Brougham turns out HALF as nice as that pic, I'll be a very happy man!
The 5.0 seems pretty strong on the hilly terrain around here. The downshifting takes some getting used to,but, damn! what a ride!You don't drive the car, you PILOT it...Even with just a few hours worth of cleanup invested, it's already a head-turner.
This weekend (weather permitting) will be the "buffer fiesta" at my buddy's house(his name is "Martin" btw). ;> The guy is good.He made my black '88 Thunderbird SE look like new.
I figure I'll work on the approximately 3 miles of chrome and trim while he works his magic.
I will post some pics of the results.Take care all...

Dean

#23 ·
So, as i said in an earlier post, getting the vinyl top redone next month. The sail panel crests are in fairly sad shape; red blocks are all but pink.Florida sun was tough on all the exterior crests.Wreaths are in decent shape though.Can anyone point me in the right direction for replacement sail panel crests that don't require a mortgage?

" I have CDO. I'ts OCD with the letters arranged alphabetically, as they SHOULD be!"

#27 ·
Yeah,was super busy with other things,not a whole lot of time to scour the forums.

----------

That's about what i paid on ebay after shipping,Aron.Haven't taken the leap on the hood ornament and lock cover yet,but my compulsive nature will probably win.To self:"they're not gonna get any cheaper or more plentiful!"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181193424873?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

----------

http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/Aladdinsane5150/media/DSCN0063.jpg.html
http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/Aladdinsane5150/media/DSCN0099.jpg.html