Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New guy...1992 Brougham d'Elegance

23K views 86 replies 27 participants last post by  AladdinSane5150 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! I've been reading the posts on this forum for about two weeks (I'm up to page 83 or so!). My Brougham got transported from FL on the 14th after the death of the owner,a close friend.
There is a HUGE amount of info here...I was able to decode my vin, find out my paint color (Dark Maple Metallic), and much more with the resources provided here.
The car wasn't cared for as much as it could have been for the last year or so,and there was 900 miles of road grime added to it to boot.Transport was another story. You can read about it here: http://www.transportreviews.com/company/AAAll-States-Auto-Transport.asp
I'm including some pics taken by the seller before the trip.
The detailing frenzy started last week...man,that's a lotta car! It even dwarfs my 84 Buick LeSabre Limited!
I'm looking foward to restoring this fine example of American luxury to it's former glory.
I'm also looking forward to your advice and opinions.
BTW: 5.0 TBI 108,000 miles Arlington built Jacksonville driven

Attachments

See less See more
#66 ·
Great looking car, how's she holding up these days?
The only thing missing from your car are some wire wheels!!!!!!

----------

I am looking to buy a 92 brougham d'elegance at a good price but it seems all the ones I find are on the east or west coast. I am near New Orleans, LA. If anyone hears of a deal nearer to me please let me know. I want the d'elegance model for sure but am open to all colors, etc.
on the subject of yours, here's a d'elegance that looks to be near you. Good luck
https://neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/5948730326.html

there's a couple more non-d'elegances near you but that one is pretty nice it seems like. Maybe you can work out a deal.

#68 · (Edited)
I had the privilege of basically growing up in these beautiful automobiles. My father replaced our Buick Park Ave with his first Caddy, an '82 Fleetwood (Ht4100). That was sold and an '86 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance (5.0) took its place until 1990 when he purchased his favorite: '90 triple black Brougham d'Elegance (5.7). At this point I was 16 and felt like royalty riding around in that gold crested luxo-barge.

He now owns seven Cadillacs and four of them are euro-models. Three are black '90 Brougham d'Elegance examples; all 350 cars with factory moonroofs, each one a different interior color. The 4th is a '91 Superior hearse (also 350) that I found for him last year to have for "parts", but is too nice to take apart. My parents LOVE the looks they get taking it to get groceries!

It's a shame that they are becoming more scarce by the day because in my opinion they are the epitome of what a luxury car should be. Hats off to you all for preserving the legacy of an era gone by.

#69 ·
They truly are amazing cars. It's nice to check the photo threads and still see that people are taking such awesome care of these excellent machines. Once you own one they become pretty easy to spot. I find myself spotting one every now and then out of the corner of my eye. Usually driven by an elderly individual who is probably the original owner! I think that's just the coolest thing ever.

#70 ·
Agreed, they are amazing cars. Whenever I visit my parents I usually take the time to go on a "garage tour" and look at all of their vehicles. Brings back a lot of memories.

#72 · (Edited)
I have been searching for an hour on my PC pic files to no avail. My parents are wintering in Fla. right now so I have no way to get adequate pics of the Cadillacs as they are all in storage. I WILL get pics when they return in the spring and post them, this I promise. In addition to the four euros, they also own a '99 STS & a '12 SRX premium which were both purchased new. The last Caddy is a '77 Coupe deVille which is desert rose in color and needs a little TLC. The (bad quality) pics below are of the '82 & '86 which they no longer have. There was also a '92 STS in the family before the '99 that I'm trying to find a pic of.
EDIT: I hope the OP is not upset, this is not a "thread jack". When I compile all the pics they will be listed under a new thread.

Attachments

Reactions: ROMAN.IMPERATOR