where to buy headliner board?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, where to buy headliner board? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi all, well, I tried taking out my headliner on my '92 fwb, it cracked down the middle and other ...
    Steeltag is offline Cadillac Owners Member

where to buy headliner board?

Hi all, well, I tried taking out my headliner on my '92 fwb, it cracked down the middle and other places.....It wouldn't come out unless I bent it.....but it cracked when I did that....how in the world do you get those out w/o breaking???

Does anyone know where I could go to buy a new one? Another old one in the junkyard will have the same problem mine does I fear....too brittle. I could and may have to fix mine all along the crack, but I fear the same outcome. Any suggestions? I don't know how people get them out of the car...especially through the front door, I went out the rear once the seats were put all the way down.

help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

Re: where to buy headliner board?

Try a search here; someone had a similar question about 8 weeks ago. Might try to splice a few pieces of foam/cardboard that the Office Max type stores sell??

Have you tried any old mom/pop types of upholstery shops?? They would likely know how to be creative on this item.

1990CaddyBrougham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 ESV Platinum, 96 Eldorado Coachbuilder LTD, 96 FWB

Where are you located?

I have 3 for a sedan
    1 for a sedan with a moonroof
    1 for a coupe

Im i mass....

thanks z06bird.

I"m in Dallas Texas, so if you are in Mass....ugh. I'm just worried another old one would do the same when trying to reinstall it.

My_favorite_Brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sapphire Black Brougham d'Elegance 5.7L

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltag View Post
    I'm just worried another old one would do the same when trying to reinstall it.
    Maybe you could reinforce a new before you reinstall it. At least then you wouldn't be trying to fix a broken one. And it wouldn't break when it goes back in.

Greg

Good idea, if I can find one, thx

My_favorite_Brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sapphire Black Brougham d'Elegance 5.7L

Try Pick 'n Pull off of Loop 12 on Walton Walker Blvd. I go there alot. (I live in the metroplex too ) But their rwd selection is slowly dwindling. (I guess all yards are gonna have fwer over the years.) They've still got like ten of those old Fleets though, some are kinda nice, too. Fort Worth has a couple too.

Greg

zac85eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1985 eldorado

Im looking for a headliner board out of a 85 eldo base coupe please help the person who had the car before me threw it away and I can find any thing on line found one remanufactured one on line but they wanted 350 for it crasiness ill spend about 150 - 200

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by zac85eldo
    Im looking for a headliner board out of a 85 eldo base coupe please help the person who had the car before me threw it away and I can find any thing on line found one remanufactured one on line but they wanted 350 for it crasiness ill spend about 150 - 200
    Any junkyards near you? I would start there. Btw, rivieras and toronados from 78-86 would have the same (or very similar) headliner boards (only difference would be where the holes for lights are cut in)

j2rossit is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 FW Brougham, 68 Wildcat 'vert, 92 & 96 Roadmaster Wagons

My buddy took his out of is 90 brougham through the front passenger door.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

That is the correct way to do it. No bending required. This post is four years old, btw.

1981Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1981 Sedan DeVille

I just did mine a little while back. I got it in and out through the passenger front door with all the seats removed. It still required some pretty major bending. I did break off both the front corners at the visors and tore up the edges on removal. When it was out I used Gorilla Glue and Gorilla Tape to repair the board. Once it was re-covered, I was a lot more gentle getting it back it and didn't mess up anything! Now its as good as new in there!

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
    That is the correct way to do it. No bending required. This post is four years old, btw.

Old posts are fun! They're seasoned and know how to work a guy in just the right way.

Vladillac Khrougham is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Brougham

I tried last week to remove one from an '89 and even after 2 hours and finally cracking it in half it took another half hour and was FUB(practical)R. But then again as it as at a salvage yard I had no way to move a power passenger seat all they way back and reclined. (and only after the fact I discovered that the passenger seat was not power as I assumed but manually adjusted.

I did get useful experience and some pics of the bare interior ceiling for future reference at least. (as I have a set of passenger assist handles salvaged from a d'elegance that I want to install.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladillac Khrougham
    I tried last week to remove one from an '89 and even after 2 hours and finally cracking it in half it took another half hour and was FUB(practical)R. But then again as it as at a salvage yard I had no way to move a power passenger seat all they way back and reclined. (and only after the fact I discovered that the passenger seat was not power as I assumed but manually adjusted.

I did get useful experience and some pics of the bare interior ceiling for future reference at least. (as I have a set of passenger assist handles salvaged from a d'elegance that I want to install.
    if you cannot move a front seat, and it is in the correct position (not down all the way), you can unbolt it from the seat frame.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.