Cadillac Owners Forum banner
622K views 3K replies 270 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
Can make a sticky so people can post found RWD Cadillacs found so if someone is looking they can find it? This isn't always appropriate for the Classifieds, as the finder isn't the seller.

#1,098 ·
I'm sure one of the moderators will move it where it belongs. As for the rust, yikes! There's nothing for it but to remove the vinyl top and the rear window, cut out all the rotten metal, then replace with either new metal or fiberglass. I'm guessing there's more rust than that, just given the side shot and looking at the right rear quarter panel. How's the trunk pan and floor pan? Frame? This car is going to need a lot of love to bring her back from almost certain dissolution, and I hope you can do the work yourself, because a pro will cost you plenty.

Good luck!

#1,103 ·
I never understood the point of hydraulics... You spend (tens of) thousands of dollars making your car ugly and uncomfortable to ride in, waste countless hours being paranoid that someone is going to steal your rims, sound system, or giant wood steering wheel, and then complain about your kids being hungry and not being able to live in a safe neighborhood, just because you want to show up your friends and have a car that can out dance theirs.

#1,106 ·
I've got two near me that someone may be interested in. I currently have pics of neither, but if this sparks any serious interest in anyone, lmk and I'll get more info.

There's a red '78 cdv up the street in Pottstown PA with white interior and top. Newer paint, 130k very straight from what I saw. It was raining when I stopped. The guy wants $3000 obo. The bad is, the seats are pretty dry and cracked, probably need new leather and the rear fillers are made out of electrical tape. I can get pics of this if anyone is serious.

There's an '84 fwbd 2dr in Allentown PA for $2500, white with blue top and cloth gut. I haven't seen it, but a buddy of mine was talking to the guy. 82k original one owner and my buddy said it's worth the money (even though it's the well sought after 4100). Some minor wear and tear but nothing that can't be fixed.

I really want the '84 for my 472, but I can't do it right now and my buddy's wife went 2 weeks early so there goes his toys for a while. At least we have diapers to keep us busy.

#1,112 ·
Re: "original" 79 sedan de ville w/ CB radio...$2000

http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/2093699728.html

Claims to be all original...

need windshield, brake work, and some rust starting but for $2,000 it might be worthy. only 55,700 miles!

Anyone interested? Wish I didn't have 3 cars (which is 2 more than I'm supposed to have at my apt. haha) Or I'd jump on it! :yup:
Some people really irritate me with those 5 digit odometers. Yeah man, it hasn't rolled over. Or on something rather more beat(like some 80's chevy trucks I've looked at), yeah its got 140k original miles on it, god knows its probably 240k, or maybe 340k. I just despise the 5 digit odometer in general.

#1,114 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.