Cadillac Owners Forum banner
622K views 3K replies 270 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
Can make a sticky so people can post found RWD Cadillacs found so if someone is looking they can find it? This isn't always appropriate for the Classifieds, as the finder isn't the seller.

#933 ·
Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Post it here!

If I hadn't just had to unexpectly buy a new car, I would probably take a look at that Phaeton, but it would just be lunacy at this point.

I didn't think it looked to be in that bad a shape from the pics, but as we all know, they can be so deceiving, and who knows it the thing even runs. Like that nice coupe I looked at a couple of months ago. Beautiful body, but otherwise a complete flop.

#934 ·

Okay, fool that I am, I'm going to see it tomorrow morning. It's likely a wild goose chase, but I'm off tomorrow anyway so what the heck.

I spoke with the owner's wife. She did not know how many kilometers were on the car. Here's the story...her husband bought it for scrap from the last owner. That guy got it from a friend of his who had died of cancer. That guy had it for a year, "spent alot of money on it" then died. The second guy also put money into it, and one day when it wouldn't start, he decided to walk away from it. These people bought it, boosted the battery and the car started right up.

This is probably one of those "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" situations, but while they may be common in the states, they certainly aren't in my neck of the woods, and it's a nice looking toy.

#943 ·

^I watch it sometimes. Love the theme song. Play it sometimes on my guitar.

"My dreams are all dead and buried.
...Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode.
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom...
...I'll take all you sons of bitches when I go."

#944 ·

^I watch it sometimes. Love the theme song. Play it sometimes on my guitar.

"My dreams are all dead and buried.
...Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode.
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom...
...I'll take all you sons of bitches when I go."
Truley the best TV show theme song ever. I might have that inscribed on my tombstone.

#955 ·

I'm thinking its part of an old aftermarket alarm system that isn't hooked up anymore. Maybe those holes were drilled for a little red blinky light that lit up when you locked it. I know newer VW/Audi have a little red blinky light next to their door locks.

#958 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.