Cadillac Owners Forum banner
622K views 3K replies 270 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
Can make a sticky so people can post found RWD Cadillacs found so if someone is looking they can find it? This isn't always appropriate for the Classifieds, as the finder isn't the seller.

#127 ·
Re: Make a sitcky for found RWD Cads for sale?

Man, I don't know how you afford the gas on that 454 Suburban! I had a '97 Tahoe with the 5.7 Vortec motor for 1 week... it was horrible compared to the Roadmaster! In one week of city/highway driving it made 15 mpg compared to the 20-22 mpg I get in the Roadie. I bought it to keep and was going to sell the Roadmaster. The guy that bought it from me is using it for the winter and then to tow his boat in the summer:

#129 ·

The Burb is in the 10-11 range most of the time. I think the previous owners dropped in larger than stock injectors and it always on the rich side. I am hoping to get that rectified soon. I have a flaky O2 too that drives me nuts, seems when something gets wet underneath it gives me all sorts of crap. I am SOOOO ready to get an export tune on this thing and kill the O2's.... I have never hated O2's till this truck....

I really feel I can do better mpg wise out of it, best is 13.2. Highway only. The truck on pure gas (none of the Chicago E10 fuel) will give me a rich condition check engine light. With Chicagoland/Illinois gas (10% ethanol) it won't, but it is right on the edge. Running 30-50% E85 I get around 9-10 mpg. Not much worse at all for that much Ethanol. I have a tuned PCM in there now, still no change, other than runs better with premium (LOTS, like 40 hp better on the SOTP Dyno).

We need the larger truck (4 kids, wife and I), I wanted the hyrdoboost brakes (3/4t only) and 4L80E (3/4t only), as well as the 10.5" axle (again, 3/4t only). The 350's get 4.10 gears and honestly, not much better mpg than the 454 (well mine is pretty bad...). I really think I can peak 15-16 highway out of it when I get into tuning it. But pulling big trailers it really rocks. Shows its true colors that under that skin is an animal waiting to pull the Sears tower off its foundations....

Remember that scene in Lethal Weapon 2 where Mel Gibson did that with his K3500 454 Duallie? Love that scene!! YES, you CAN do that crap with these big mammas!

Now that we are in Rockford we won't drive the pants off it like we have been. We have around 20-25K on it in 18 months. Above normal, we are hoping to knock it down to 8-10K a year now.

#131 ·

Not as easy to flip something like this as people think. The little light ones yes, but the Sub, not so easy.... 5600 lbs empty....

#132 ·

I only start feeling safe a 6000 lbs. Thats why I often drive my parents 2001 (I think) Dodge Ram Van with a TV, limo lights, a fold down sofa and everything. Too bad it sucks in the snow... But hey, if I hit anything I can at least feel safe. It's like a wrecking ball. :D

#133 ·

The '97 Tahoe I had with the 350 had 3.73 gears. Were you just talking about the 2500 series?

#135 ·

Mine is a K2500. Comes with 3.73's std, 4.10's optional. 454's only came on 2500/3500. The 454 SS was in reality a C2500 (GVW 7200 lbs), not a true C1500 (GVW 7200 lbs)and not a true C2500 (GVW 8600).

#139 ·
#141 ·

^^ whoa, I didn't see that... Why would that be there? You'd think a dealer this reputable would fix something like that; this guy always has nice cars. I'd sure like to know where he gets them. :D
That is not a Allante badge! That is a AMoore badge, a Cadillac dealership. It is missing some emblems though, so it was repainted. I can see orange peel galore on the trunk lid.. so I wonder how cheap of a paint job it is.

Some of his cars are not as nice as you think. I have bought 3 cars from him before and my Father has bought about 6 or so. Tony, the owner... is very shady. They have a in house paint booth and mechanic.... both of which are not top notch. They make you leave positive feedback right then and there before you pick up the car or before your car leaves on the truck to be shipped!! Tony does have a nice collection of Caddys though, including a '70 Coupe Deville convertible with a 2002 Eldorado interior.

FYI, I just checked the auction lists from the past 3 months and he paid $3,850 for that Triple Black 1991 :D

#146 ·
#149 ·

That triple black is NICE!

#151 ·

Here is the grand daddy of all RWD Caddys... and its about 15 min away from me.
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/car/522558762.html

In the next year I hope to buy one, a 59 that is. Im almost finished up the restoration of my 57 Belair. My plan is after im done, i will be selling it, and buying either a 59 Coupe or if i get a DEAL a convert. WE have a two car garage, so i cant keep the 57 Chevy and the Cadillac. So the belair has to go first, its not the money i need from it, its the space.

Think its a good price for a ragtop needing restoration??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.