Cadillac Owners Forum banner
622K views 3K replies 270 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
Can make a sticky so people can post found RWD Cadillacs found so if someone is looking they can find it? This isn't always appropriate for the Classifieds, as the finder isn't the seller.

#97 ·
Re: Make a sitcky for found RWD Cads for sale?

I'm kinda the same way, but I sure wish I knew where I could get cars in the 100-400 dollar range. I bought an '88 Olds Delta 88 for $400; all it needed was a water pump. One week later, she sold to the tune of 1300 smackers. :D Those towncars, did they have a/c? I can't imagine anyone letting a car go for that cheap with a/c, but I can't imagine a person spending 1700 on a car w/o it.

As for the DTS, you can't claim glory for that one...hehe...the seller set the price. And I still don't know why it was so low. :hmm:

#100 ·

^^^ That car has such potential. In my opinion the continental kit and the rolls royce style grill are just overkill. Even that faux convertible top is a bit much. I never really cared for those. Oh my, and what's with the hood ornament? Tsk, tsk. Nice car, but someone had a passion for over the top accessories. If you want a Continental spare or a Rolls Royce grill, buy a Continental or a Rolls Royce.

However...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-Cadillac-Brougham-4dr-with-26-inch-player-rims_W0QQitemZ230201399987QQihZ013QQcategoryZ6149QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sweet Jesus...

#103 ·

Oo Man, My Fav... you are right. It was some clean Beautie.. and some moron got ahold of it. Someone buy it and get some 15" wires on if ASAP!!!

I actually like that black Brougham. I lOVE those tops... the kit on the back i could do wihtout, and usually the grilles, but i love that flying lady....Wonder how mong of regular driving it would take till the lady got ripped off.

#106 ·

I want it! Damn, if only it was a d'Elegance. I still like the base seat pattern though, so unique compared to the Deville alternative.

#108 ·

I kind of fixed up my '83. Not as much as the '79's, but still improvement. Mostly just a lot of detailing and minor accessorizing.

When I bought it, with 46k.

When I sold it, 49k.

The '80s style used to be my favorite, then I just started liking the more laid back look of the late '70s with the slanted rear window and all. Then the big block took my soul. For my next project, I'm thinking about going older. Or if I find the right '78 Phaeton coupe, I'll snap it up. For me to get another '80s Caddie, it'd have to fall into my hands and be a really sweet Fleetwood. Or a Patriot Edition, those are cool. It's like an '80s Phaeton.

#114 ·

What was the state of the interior and motor, 90Cad...? And I'm dying to to ask, what were the purchase and sale prices? :D
The owner i had got it from had it since 94. He parked it 4 years prior to me buying it. Sat in his back yard. Obviously not covered. He had it painted a year before it got parked. It was parked because he didnt drive it anymore. Since then the brake lines let go. I bougt it for $300. He was asking 1000. yah right pal. I put break lines in it, and a few other odds and ends mechanically.
The interior was there, just very messy, and dirty. I shampoo'ed the seats and carpets, cleaned it well. The jambs were PACKED with pine needles and tree debirs. There was actually a plant growing in the trunk jamb it was so packed. ALOT OF BEE's NESTS. im alergic.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...pe De Ville/?action=view&current=cleanup4.jpg
The exterior got a pressure wash.. Top was scrubbed. Top was in really nice shape, original.

There was sap ALL OVER IT. That took alot of time getting every spot off. Then A compound cut on a wool pad, a polish on a foam pad, an BAM.

Oh, and a 90 Grille.

#120 ·
#122 ·

Not terribly, 800-1000 miles or so.... :) There was a time where I would do that in a day with no issues.... Not anymore....

But I don't need another ride right now. I have my 94 Fleet, my 99 Suburban K2500 454 (which is a blast in the snow right now!), and my 80 Turbo Trans AM.... Maybe once the kids are up and driving I might think of it...Got a few more years to think of that...

#124 ·

Haven't done that yet, but yeah, 6000 lbs is a lot truck to stop..... on anything...

#126 ·

My 94 FWB is 225.1 inches long
My 99 K2500 Burb is 220...

The Suburbans are REAL trucks, they share nearly everything from the full size trucks. Just a wagon instead of a pickup bed. Mine's a 454 Big Block, 4L80E, 10.5" rear axle, 6 leaf springs with a monster overload leaf (my springs are basically same as 1ton, but I have a wagon body which is heavier, so mine is rated 3/4t). I can carry 3000 lbs inside. That so call Toyota Tundra 5.7L truck they brag about can only take 2000 lbs in the bed. Come on! My K1500 (1/2ton) Suburban can take 2000 lbs inside!! Sheesh. Weak Toyotas.... Now that people are buying them thinking they are real trucks and trying to use them as such they are learning how fragile they still are.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, idiots. It is still not a REAL truck. It is still one step over the Pansie truck that Honda has.... (Please Honda, save yourself the embarrassment and don't call it "tough".....)

I just used my K2500 454 Suburban to pull a 28 foot race car trailer loaded to the hilt with all my stuff as we were moving. That 454 pulls like you would not believe. I almost wish it had the 4.10 gears just to put it more solidly in the powerband. I hope to cam it up a bit soon with the ZZ502 cam. Should put me solidly in the 500-550 lb/ft torque range. That with some good custom PCM tuning should make it a blast to drive. As it is, thought, it won't pass too many gas stations even with its 42 gallon gas tank....

Bigger inside, but not outside....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.