Cadillac Owners Forum banner
622K views 3K replies 270 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
Can make a sticky so people can post found RWD Cadillacs found so if someone is looking they can find it? This isn't always appropriate for the Classifieds, as the finder isn't the seller.

#69 ·
Re: Make a sitcky for found RWD Cads for sale?

That Talisman is supreme. I'm in love with the interior, and I really don't care about the exterior color, at least it's not navy blue and mustard. (I've seen it).

#72 ·

I have seen this car and talked with the owner. He wanted to know I would be in interested in selling my 87 Brougham to him. I could see it now a Diplomat Blue Brougham with a hot pink and yellow interior. THe car does run and rock well though. I got the full show

#78 ·

I can't believe Joe hasn't sold it by now. I used to talk to that guy, and he was getting ready to sell it a year ago.

I really want to take a road trip up to queens and pick that up.... but I can't have three '79 coupes, or two matching Phaetons. Now if it was gray or white...

#79 ·

I can't believe Joe hasn't sold it by now. I used to talk to that guy, and he was getting ready to sell it a year ago.

I really want to take a road trip up to queens and pick that up.... but I can't have three '79 coupes, or two matching Phaetons. Now if it was gray or white...
Do you know much about the car? If I get rid of a few things, I may pick it up.
BTW I just realized I mispelled Phaeton...

#80 ·

Just talking man to man, no selling involved, Joe said it was a really nice running car. He knows what he has, so it hasn't been mistreated, it's just old. He has a a ton of rare and pricey parts to go with it. As I understand, he was planning on restoring it, but his situation changed.

If I didn't have mine already, that's a car I'd go after.

#82 · (Edited)

Oh man, I want it, I want it, I WANT IT!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadi...011QQitemZ320190908070QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Black on black, with the astroroof? I'm in heaven! I'm sort of indifferent to the talisman option, I prefer Cadillac seats to be flat straight across, but my goodness, what a car. I'd bid on it, I really would, but I just don't have the money, room, or justification for an other car.

#87 ·

Ahh, but once you have sat in those kind of seats, there is no other ride so nice!

I drove a 77 Grand Prix LJ, Astoroof, 301 2bbl, THM400 and 2.73's with those kind of seats. You never once CARED that all it has was a 301 with 135 or less hp in a 4000 lb car!!! SOOOOOOO NNNNIIIIIIICCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, I want it, I want it, I WANT IT!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadi...011QQitemZ320190908070QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Black on black, with the astroroof? I'm in heaven! I'm sort of indifferent to the talisman option, I prefer Cadillac seats to be flat straight across, but my goodness, what a car. I'd bid on it, I really would, but I just don't have the money, room, or justification for an other car.

#89 ·

Here's an armored '92 Brougham. Somehow they got that old 75 series look like a sedan with a coup's back and all the trim. I don't like that they re-did the leather, though. But I guess they had to in order for the windows to work and for passengers to be safe. But there's all those switches back in the passenger compartment; what are those for? Does it have the 350 I wonder? Maybe they could have requested a 454? IDK, looks kinda heavy for a regular engine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-CADILLAC-BROUGHAM-ARMORED-LIMO-DIPLOMATIC-VEHICLE_W0QQitemZ360002292017QQihZ023QQcategoryZ6152QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And here's a two-tone "salt-and-pepper" Le Cabriolet. Looks to be in real nice shape, too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/78-Cadillac-convertible-low-miles-restored_W0QQitemZ220177497001QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6146QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

#90 ·

Wow, Look at the seats in that Tailsman.... That screams Cadillac all around!!!! Triple black, Roof... DAMN.

I wonder what the owners got on that Le Cab, since the seller is a dealer. Some people really dont know what they have.

Id love to find one of those, in the 80's body style. I would liquidate my collection to pay for it.

#93 ·

Here are a few i saw....
This one intrested me alot. The price... $650... I sold my 97 120" stretch limo this summer, and wanted to get another limo, a cheaper one though, a beater, more or less. I wasnt anticipating this 81 coupe, or 00 DTS though. And now i found the limo i want... I dont think i can buyt it. I can afford it no question, but i Have my DTS, my 90 Brougham, My 81 Coupe and my 57 chevy... i can only drive one car at a time. I may just have to pass this one up. I wish i never saw it, i wouldnt have known about it. Plus its 5 hours away.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/pts/498137197.html

This is cool... Benzy will be squirtin'
http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/car/495943330.html

#95 ·

Eh... most of it came from ebay, and parting/fliping these cars.... Before these cadillacs, i did the same with town cars. I was 13 and stripping out cars. I sold my first car at 15. Who buys a car off a 15 year old? I remember, a 91 town car Cartier. I bought on ebay for like $300.... cleaned it, added opera lights, and paitned the bumper and i sold it shortly after for 1700. I WAS 15!!!

i think my most profitable town car strip was when i was still about 15... i bought a 93 tripple black. $150. Parted it out COMPLETLEY... it was a shell with a drive line after i was done.. made 1600 in parts, and then sold the carcas for $300 for the motor....

I got a nich for it i guess. **** college... Look at the DTS i just bought... 00 DTS 91k... $4000? You can touch one wiht 200k for that price.
I love doing it though.

I kinda fell of the train a bit though. I have A BUNCH of brougham parts, and 2 whole parts cars. I havent ebayed in a few months. I dont know why. Busy i guess. Now that its snowing and cold, it kinda puts a damper on parting em out too...

Whatever makes the cake...

#96 ·

oh and a bit of info on the 57... I didnt buy it, it was a birthday gift from my dad. It was in unrestored condition. It was mine, as long as i eitehr kept it like it was, or restored it, and kept it all original. So i did. I painted it myself a few months ago.. $600 in materials, for a $5000 paint job. Im slowly putting it all back together, buying all new trim and glass and weatherstrip and what not. I cant wait till the spring. I have added numerous original accesories. Spent a lot on those. Way to much actually... but it will only bring the value of the car up. Spring will be my first season of it restored.
Though i dont know how long it will last, as since i was a kid, umm, since i was Really little, i always LOVED the 59 coupes or rag tops. Now i cant get a ragtop, but i want a coupe. So eventually the 57 will get replaced with a 59 Cadillac Coupe Deville.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.