Cadillac Owners Forum banner
622K views 3K replies 270 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
Can make a sticky so people can post found RWD Cadillacs found so if someone is looking they can find it? This isn't always appropriate for the Classifieds, as the finder isn't the seller.

#1,683 ·
That was the Quaker State two-tone color option. All it needs are gold emblems to complete the look and it could be a throwback pace car.

Nothing more laughable than folks ruining the looks of these cars then attempting to sell them at a higher price. Its like taking a Picasso or a Monnet and adding your own colors to it then saying that will be an extra 10k because I made it 'better'

----------

This car is actually in the Atlanta area right now and I am gong to have a look. Seller tells me the following positives:
+new fuel pump, water pump, rebuilt distributor (opti), new brake pads and rotors, new spark plugs and plug wires

...and the following minuses:
-both rear window motors and regulators are bad
-catalytic converters removed. This is a deal killer for Atlanta buyers which is going to reduce my offer by a large amount.

Anyone had to change the cats on one of these cars and have a recommended replacement brand / source?
Oh good! Its much closer to you than me. He has come down on the price some but I'm sure you could shake him down a bit more. Are you looking to replace with new parts?

#1,686 · (Edited)
#1,687 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadi...Cars_Trucks&hash=item3ccff85e95#ht_500wt_1182

Really clean looking Fleetwood coupe. Have I mentioned how much I really want one of these, lately?

http://cenla.craigslist.org/cto/3675147361.html

Here's another winner. Was there a discussion before about John Deere paint jobs? Are they a "thing"? Apparently so...
That is first one is beautiful. That interior is almost as beautiful as a d'elegance!

As to the other one...what...wh...ah why...aaa...who......:arghh:

Who is the owner/market they are after? Compton farmer?:gah:

#1,693 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-CADILLAC-Fleetwood-Brougham-NO-RESERVE-/400443804996?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item5d3c4f8d44#ht_1218wt_1165

Nice looking Brougham if the price stays low enough. I prefer black, but I've got a soft spot for the blue ones. My grandpa had a blue one when I was little and I fell in love with it.

I do believe the front clip on this car was replaced with one off of a DeVille, because the hood ornament and accompanying trim do not match the rest of the car. Small thing to correct, but it probably WAS in an accident. Also, the poor grammar in the ebay post is a laugh and a half.

#1,694 ·
Cadillac Giovanni said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-CADILLAC-Fleetwood-Brougham-NO-RESERVE-/400443804996?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item5d3c4f8d44#ht_1218wt_1165

Nice looking Brougham if the price stays low enough. I prefer black, but I've got a soft spot for the blue ones. My grandpa had a blue one when I was little and I fell in love with it.

I do believe the front clip on this car was replaced with one off of a DeVille, because the hood ornament and accompanying trim do not match the rest of the car. Small thing to correct, but it probably WAS in an accident. Also, the poor grammar in the ebay post is a laugh and a half.
I'd agree with it being in an accident. It also has a deville front bumper (note the rubber pieces on the bumper- thin white line means deville)

#1,698 ·
As a Cadillac enthusiast I agree with you. Sort of.....

As someone who lived in a metropolitan area in the 70s and grew up seeing many a fine "Pimpmobile" just running around town, I can appreciate them as a classic too.
Much like collectors of 30s and 40s cars add period correct visors or evaporative air conditioners to their cars, I feel it is acceptable to add period correct "pimping" to a 70s Cadillac.

I think the hobby would suffer a great loss if all of those modifications were lost from our history. Same as if all Hot Rodded Model Ts were all restored to original.

There are probably people on this forum, myself included, who had those outrageous cars influence their love for Cadillacs. I can't say for sure, I loved the Mark IV, so I had a predisposition toward large luxury cars. I can say if my first Talisman didn't have the "pimp" trimmings on it I would not have stopped to look at it and ultimately buy it. I wasn't looking at 4 doors. If it weren't for the cartoonish garb on it, I may be posting on a Lincoln forum right now.

edit;(In proof reading this before posting, I can hear some of you out there thinking that sounds good!:lol:)

I agree the cars have a beauty of their own and that the extra stuff does nothing to add to that. As a historically correct modification I enjoy seeing them, and would even own one someday. From that standpoint, what better car to "pimp" than a Talisman!:noidea:

#1,699 ·
That spare tire and landau bars would HAVE TO GO if I owned that car. I hate those with a passion. The big RR grill on the front, it kind of depends on the year/model of Cadillac. I personally love it on that 76 Fleetwood, as that car is already kind of vulgar. The hood ornament kind of adds to the vulgarity, but IMO its period correct for the hairy chested two buttons unbuttoned disco era.

If the big grill and flying lady were on a more restrained, smaller 77 or newer car, I'd call it tacky. But the 76 was the last of the big, bad, IMO slightly cheesy Cadillacs.

#1,700 ·
You make good points. I don't like the Conti kit or chrome grille myself and if I bought the car I'd sell them and return it to original, but I see how the add to nostalgia. On the AACA forums folks have the same discussion regarding curb feelers, chrome spotlights and those over-windshield sun visors on classics. Are they totally original to how the car left the factory? No of course not, but just as with today plenty of new cars have dealer installed options and for some it's a key part of the nostalgia. So I see where you're coming from. I'm not trying to belittle anyone's taste, but it just isn't my style. If it sheds any further light, I drink my coffee black and eat rolls without butter. I'm the purists' purist.

#1,701 ·
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
Never smoked in, has clean leather smell.
On Airbag suspension(4 viair 380c compressors)2 working 2 not working. car will still lift, but it will take a while. Compressors can easily be replaced with stronger ones.
Body is in good condition 7/10
Interior is in great condition 9/10
Has no speakers but will include head unit.
New:
brake lines
2 calipers
2 rear drums
sway bar links
Alternator
Speed sensor
Battery
Recently bled brakes

Paint: Maroon
Interior Leather: Maroon
Imitation Conv top: Black

The car was sitting for 3 years, when I went to start it up it barely hesitated, new fluids and all.
LT1 v8 Motor runs strong at 103,xxx Miles
Inside of car is almost perfect, with normal wear on driver seat next to the adjustment switches, and one of the unlock/lock buttons pushed into the door, but I'm going to fix that sometime this week. Dashboard has a crack which doesn't affect anything, its just there and you wouldn't notice it unless you went out of your way for it.
Car does not have AC because the compressor went bad a while back. I'm honest when it comes to these things because I don't intend on hiding things that I've noticed on the car.

Outside of car has a few scratches and the paint has seen better days due to sun exposure. a couple of surface rust spots on the trunk/hood.
Trunk does not close all the way because electric motor went bad, it still closes and latches and will not open by force unless using key or button in glove compartment. I might also fix this sometime during the week.
Cloth on Imitation conv top is in good condition. some small scratches.
Tires have a good amount of tread left. No missing Hubcaps.
Selling because I have 2 other vehicles.

The car is extremely comfortable and spacious, and the headliner is in perfect conditions as are the back seats and passenger seat.

text/email/call me for information/pics
347-397-4327
Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Auto part Pipe Muffler

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Cadillac fleetwood brougham

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper Hood

Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Bumper

Alloy wheel Wheel Tire Rim Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Sedan

Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Emblem Vintage car

Floor Asphalt Flooring Wood Concrete

Craigslist listing: http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/3703636777.html

#1,703 ·
#1,709 · (Edited)
I believe the color is "Academy Gray". I'm a fan as well. It offers the dark, reflective sheen of black, without showing off as many imperfections. I almost bought a different Brougham in that shade, myself. Only thing I don't like on that car is the "premiere" vinyl roof that covers that rearmost window like it does on the 90-92. throws something off. other than that, gorgeous.

Nobody had bid on that car last I saw. I'm assuming it was finally sold for around the initial 2K starting bid. I actually ran across the same car on cars.com, and they were trying to get 5k for it there.

I'm curious what those little black plastic thingies are on the front bumper on either side of the grill. Anyone know?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.