Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here! - Page 34
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 188 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 84 134 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Nice car. Grille's got to go, and too bad about the stereo. "Gold package mats"? Also, it's not a factory ...
    jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Re: Make a sitcky for found RWD Cads for sale?

Nice car. Grille's got to go, and too bad about the stereo. "Gold package mats"? Also, it's not a factory Astro. It has the regular map lights...

Quote Originally Posted by longo View Post
    Heres a nice 87 with all the goodies including astro roof, real factory wires and gold package.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/799918416.html

My_favorite_Brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sapphire Black Brougham d'Elegance 5.7L

Quote Originally Posted by longo View Post
    Heres a nice 87 with all the goodies including astro roof, real factory wires and gold package.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/799918416.html
    He says the mirror automatically tilts. Is that a different one than I have on my '92 Brougham? Mine, simply fades. His seems to have some extra dials, like distance and whatnot, and his doesn't have that gold hue to it.

Interesting...

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

I believe that before the electrochromatic dimming mirrors, the earlier ones actually had a motor that tilted the mirror down, like a manual one, but with an automatic sensor.

And the distance may be an adjustment to how sensitive the auto dimming high beams are, assuming that's what that's for. Years ago my parents' 90 Continental had goodies like the high beam dimming. The light sensor for the high beam dimmer was mounted below the rearview mirror. It looked like a camera pointed forward.

CaddyChillin77777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville Le Cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
    And the distance may be an adjustment to how sensitive the auto dimming high beams are, assuming that's what that's for. Years ago my parents' 90 Continental had goodies like the high beam dimming. The light sensor for the high beam dimmer was mounted below the rearview mirror. It looked like a camera pointed forward.
    Umm..
    I think Cadillac discontinued the high-beam dimmer after 1986. And it was a second ring on the twilight sentinel switch.

I think the wheel on that mirror controls the brightness required for dimming.

Quote Originally Posted by My_favorite_Brougham View Post
    Umm..
    I think Cadillac discontinued the high-beam dimmer after 1986. And it was a second ring on the twilight sentinel switch.

I think the wheel on that mirror controls the brightness required for dimming.
    Hmm. Well the electrochromic systems (like the one on my 95) definitely have no adjustment except for "off."

Hmm. Well the electrochromic systems (like the one on my 95) definitely have no adjustment except for "off."
    That's odd. Both my '92 Brougham and my mom's '92 Deville have the electrochromic mirrors with a Hi-Lo switch. The manuals say it dims at certain light intensities, where Lo is for city nighttime driving (dims less often & lets in more light) and Hi is for highway nighttime driving (dims more & lets in less light).

It seems throughout the years, Cadillac slowly drops options from their list.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

That's odd. Both my '92 Brougham and my mom's '92 Deville have the electrochromic mirrors with a Hi-Lo switch. The manuals say it dims at certain light intensities, where Lo is for city nighttime driving (dims less often & lets in more light) and Hi is for highway nighttime driving (dims more & lets in less light).

I keep the mirror on my 1991 Brougham on high, all the time. It still lets in more glare than I'm used to with my old style, low tech mirror. Although I wish my Camaro had a fancy electrolumencient mirror, the regular mirror didn't work with the t-tops off.

I'd be willing to say that the system in my 95 doesn't need an adjustment like that. Works pretty well. But you're right about decontenting. Even the boxy Broughams were missing "toys" that the other Caddys got though, like a trip computer.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

I'd be willing to say that the system in my 95 doesn't need an adjustment like that. Works pretty well. But you're right about decontenting. Even the boxy Broughams were missing "toys" that the other Caddys got though, like a trip computer.
    Not at first! The 81 got the trip computer, and all the 4100 cars did, too. It is suprising that it didn't return for the FI L03/L05 cars...

All 4100 FWBs got the trip computer?
    I can understand why the 307 years did not. I did a little research, btw, and determined that the 91-92 FWB uses the '6965 ECM, which is what the 91-93 B-body used. It certainly was not capable of supporting a trip computer. Thanks for cheaping out, GM. The 90 was unique (or at least not the '6965) as was the 93 (electric fans, electric AIR pump, etc). I think the LT1 C4s had a trip computer, but didn't the 94-95s run the 8051 PCM? How did that all work?

Hmm. This is from a 94 C4 on eBay:

Eh.. maybe the old folks just didn't want it. Besides, there's no room on the dash of the 90-92s for a trip computer what with the double din radio and vertical air vents.

As for the 307s, they were carb'd, so I think measuring fuel usage would have been more difficult.

gfxdave99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood FWD, 92 Fleetwood RWD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...=p4506.c0.m245

1976 Brougham, 293 miles Two Hundred and Ninety Three

one for you talisman fans

nice coupe deville,

as you can see a real ***** magnet

Warren_R is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Brougham D'Elegance

driver tested, kitty approved =)

gfxdave99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood FWD, 92 Fleetwood RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Warren_R View Post
    driver tested, kitty approved =)
    i wrote the seller and asked him if it really was a pu55y magnet and he never replied.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.