Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here! - Page 136
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 178 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2660
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by talismandave You find me a rust free nearly new Talisman I can buy for $8-$8.5 and there ...
    jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    You find me a rust free nearly new Talisman I can buy for $8-$8.5 and there is a finders fee in it for you. Fleetwoods, all day long, but Talisman?

Good luck finding a leather Talisman, Only one exists that I have seen and debate still goes on about it being built that way.
    Geez, now you tell me. I passed on one about three or four moths ago for that much. It was blue with a tan interior. Kinda weird combination.

How much is the finder's fee?

I understand that there are three accounted for and that is it.

----------

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/3908544453.html
    Here is a fairly reasonable regular Fleetwood.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/3904052374.html
    Very cool!

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Stupid question, but how much more is the talisman package worth over a normal fleetwood? I know they were pretty rare.
    Usually 10-20% more is what I've always read. The market usually dictates some more premium if it's in good shape and has all of its badging and Talisman specific parts. Of course, add another 10+% for an Astroroof.

For me, the holy grail Talisman would have ACRS, Astroroof, FI and TrackMaster. I would add leather but the jury is out on that one, and even if there are a few the probability that you'd find one in any condition with those other features would be incredibly slim.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 01 ETC, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Leather in a Talisman really defeats the purpose. The whole point was incredibly plush, sink down to your eyeballs, over stuffed velour covering ALL the things! Leather seating in these would just be soooo meh.

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV
    Leather in a Talisman really defeats the purpose. The whole point was incredibly plush, sink down to your eyeballs, over stuffed velour covering ALL the things! Leather seating in these would just be soooo meh.
    I've wondered....were the consoles built on the seat frames or were they bolted to the floor?

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers View Post
    Geez, now you tell me. I passed on one about three or four moths ago for that much. It was blue with a tan interior.

How much is the finder's fee?
    I must have missed the post on that one.

Depends on how good the car/deal is!

Quote Originally Posted by Gman1023 View Post
    Usually 10-20% more is what I've always read. The market usually dictates some more premium if it's in good shape and has all of its badging and Talisman specific parts. Of course, add another 10+% for an Astroroof.

For me, the holy grail Talisman would have ACRS, Astroroof, FI and TrackMaster. I would add leather but the jury is out on that one, and even if there are a few the probability that you'd find one in any condition with those other features would be incredibly slim.
    Unfortunately to meet all that puts you in the 76 without the rear console. It would up the value, but not the enjoyment. IMO

The sunroof would be a great item!

Fuel injection? I guess, not gonna do much for performance or efficiency?

Trackmaster would be ok but again no big whoop on a big old heavy cruiser, but wouldn't hurt anything.

Airbags? I don't think would feel comfortable driving around with a system designed and built by GM in the "quality" '70s, that is now almost 40 years old now!
    (I also couldn't take the way the steering wheel and dash look in those models.)

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post

I don't know...I agree in principal, but the one I saw looked pretty plush and cushy!....and drop dead gorgeous!

I've wondered....were the consoles built on the seat frames or were they bolted to the floor?
    They are separate from the seats and bolted to the floor. Tunnel has steel tabs welded on sticking up to hold them.

Leather seats are the ultimate in luxury and plush---especially in the Talisman. That is why so few were made. It was a very high cost option at $2450 it was way costlier than cheap velour at $1800 on a car that already cost $10,000 for the base model with nothing extra on it. I think the robe and matching pillow would be an interesting option they offered too. Dig deep though $85.

----------

I must have missed the post on that one.

Depends on how good the car/deal is!
    I didn't post that one. It is no longer for sale either. I checked. Darn.

I think it had about 85,000 miles on it and the grandson was selling it if I remember right. Probably worth a 20% fee on the asking price.

Well it is up to $5100 already and still five and a half days to go. The other one on Ebay is bid up to $9277 and is in sort of an odd color. It is a bright blue that would be beautiful on a coupe or convertible but seem too much for a Talisman.

I am sure there will always be the odd one that pops up for sale well below market, but the days of cheap clean Talismans under $10,000 are pretty much past. Every clean one I have seen listed in the last year on the Talisman Owners Group I belong to has been around $12,000. About the same as the few I have seen on Ebay.

Well it is up to $5100 already and still five and a half days to go. The other one on Ebay is bid up to $9277 and is in sort of an odd color. It is a bright blue that would be beautiful on a coupe or convertible but seem too much for a Talisman.

I am sure there will always be the odd one that pops up for sale well below market, but the days of cheap clean Talismans under $10,000 are pretty much past. Every clean one I have seen listed in the last year on the Talisman Owners Group I belong to has been around $12,000. About the same as the few I have seen on Ebay.
    Ebay is a ripoff for cars. I never buy cars from there. There are many better places to get a deal.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/cto/3910632828.html

God help us all!

----------

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/3903618480.html

Derby car?! Nooooooooooooooooooo...

----------

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3902575110.html
    Someone needs to save this.

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Unfortunately to meet all that puts you in the 76 without the rear console. It would up the value, but not the enjoyment. IMO

The sunroof would be a great item!

Fuel injection? I guess, not gonna do much for performance or efficiency?

Trackmaster would be ok but again no big whoop on a big old heavy cruiser, but wouldn't hurt anything.

Airbags? I don't think would feel comfortable driving around with a system designed and built by GM in the "quality" '70s, that is now almost 40 years old now!
    (I also couldn't take the way the steering wheel and dash look in those models.)
    I like the airbags because of the technology of it. Supposedly they do still work and work well, though I would not want to try it. Plus, they are rare as hens' teeth. Track Master again would be for the technological thrill of it. The FI though is the option I'd be most on the fence about. The reputation is poor, but it would add significantly to the rarity of it. If you were buying a Talisman in 1976 chances are you weren't looking for the most cutting edge engine tech.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 01 ETC, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

I'd gladly take the yellow coupe next to the chopped abomination.

That is a bad chop. Aren't you supposed to roll the front windshield back. Also note the mini fixed windows because of the person not buying new side glass.

That is a bad chop. Aren't you supposed to roll the front windshield back. Also note the mini fixed windows because of the person not buying new side glass.
    Arent the quarter windows the stock ones except installed on their side?

----------

I'd gladly take the yellow coupe next to the chopped abomination.
    I figured you would.

I think you're right. I would like to know how short you have to be to drive that car. I know I wouldn't fit in there (maybe you have to hang your head out the window to drive?

...needs a sunroof....then a Shriner could drive it!
    77CDV likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.