Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here! - Page 135
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 135 of 191 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2851
Like Tree173Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; http://stockton.craigslist.org/pts/3910320110.html God help us! ---------- http://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/3891974281.html Well at least it isn't a big piece of junk like I have been ...
    jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!

http://stockton.craigslist.org/pts/3910320110.html

God help us!

----------

http://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/3891974281.html
    Well at least it isn't a big piece of junk like I have been seeing for limos this old. Pricey but in good shape from what I can see.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

I'm liking that 1970 Limo, looks nice from the pictures.

Also digging that blue 91 Brougham posted a few posts back for $4900. Price has been creeping up on the NICE and still original ones, that $4900 seems fair if the car is original paint with no accidents.

77CDV is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

That 70 limo, if it's as nice as it looks, isn't out of line on the price.

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    That 70 limo, if it's as nice as it looks, isn't out of line on the price.
    You might be right but I am cheap. Around here they just about give them away for several reasons. The first being that finding a buyer takes forever. The market for a used limo is VERY small. If you are rich you want a new one for appearances and if you are poor then you can't afford the gas.
    Another reason is that keeping up a limo is a pain. You never know how well it was built until something goes wrong and clearly they are out of warranty. The coachbuilder might not even be around any longer.
    Lastly, where do you put it? The things are huge compared to other cars today. Parking it is a pain too.
    I had a line on an 87 limo for $500 but some guy beat me to it.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    I'm liking that 1970 Limo, looks nice from the pictures.

Also digging that blue 91 Brougham posted a few posts back for $4900. Price has been creeping up on the NICE and still original ones, that $4900 seems fair if the car is original paint with no accidents.
    The 91 did look good for the price. I would still try to get him down on the price though.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3874803365.html

Pretty messed up limo. Then again it is $750. Lot of room for fixing.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant...877415446.html

Another one with lots of work to be done

----------

http://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/3906871292.html
    An HT limo? Uh, not thanks.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/3860595682.html
    Needs some work but has real nice wheels.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3873127792.html
    hmmmm

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/3780880829.html
    I am glad this is far away from me. I might be tempted to go look at it.

----------

http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/3833533415.html
    I have a feeling I am being lied to here.

http://humboldt.craigslist.org/cto/3903475727.html
    Kind of a weird roofline but....

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

The factory Fleetwood 75 limos are cool and collectible IMO, its the aftermarket stretch ones that suck because usually the coachbuilder did a hack job on the car to start with. Take for example that funeral home limo with the 4100 under the hood. They just bought a base Deville to start with because its cheaper. If they started with a car from Cadillac with the coachbuilder option checked, it would've came with a beefy rear end, TH400 trans, and the 368 big block Cadillac that would handle lugging around the extra weight. I seriously can't imagine how that 4100 powered limo, with a 1200lb load of people, would make it up a hill.

I've noticed most aftermarket stretch jobs tend to be rode hard. The factory Fleetwood 75 cars are usually in better shape, their original owners were some wealthy individual, not a limo company renting it out for hire.
    77CDV and talismandave like this.

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

The factory Fleetwood 75 limos are cool and collectible IMO, its the aftermarket stretch ones that suck because usually the coachbuilder did a hack job on the car to start with. Take for example that funeral home limo with the 4100 under the hood. They just bought a base Deville to start with because its cheaper. If they started with a car from Cadillac with the coachbuilder option checked, it would've came with a beefy rear end, TH400 trans, and the 368 big block Cadillac that would handle lugging around the extra weight. I seriously can't imagine how that 4100 powered limo, with a 1200lb load of people, would make it up a hill.

I've noticed most aftermarket stretch jobs tend to be rode hard. The factory Fleetwood 75 cars are usually in better shape, their original owners were some wealthy individual, not a limo company renting it out for hire.
    theres a factory series 75 here for sale for 650. A local member (not me) considered buying it for parts. It was kinda rusty due to the paint falling off and had sat outside in a lot for a long time

77CDV is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

The one with the high roofline is a "presidential" style limo. Sad to see the factory 75s neglected. That 79 Series 75 would be a fabulous car if it hadn't been neglected.

Now I understand why I thought the pre 86 limos had the HT engines in them. I have been seeing these hack jobs by some coachbuilders. Interesting to know.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    The one with the high roofline is a "presidential" style limo. Sad to see the factory 75s neglected. That 79 Series 75 would be a fabulous car if it hadn't been neglected.
    Yes, the 79 is a mess now. Then again the price isn't that bad.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    theres a factory series 75 here for sale for 650. A local member (not me) considered buying it for parts. It was kinda rusty due to the paint falling off and had sat outside in a lot for a long time
    This is why I like living here. The cars last longer.

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

74 Talisman on Ebay, has the gorgeous tan interior. If the Buy it Now price is an indication of his reserve, it is way too high for a rust belt car that is starting to show it. Otherwise looks like a nice survivor that could be saved with some TLC.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Talis...orcev4exp=true

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave
    74 Talisman on Ebay, has the gorgeous tan interior. If the Buy it Now price is an indication of his reserve, it is way too high for a rust belt car that is starting to show it. Otherwise looks like a nice survivor that could be saved with some TLC.

Looks decent, but not 12k decent...more like 2k maybe

From what I see, I would go up to the $8-8.5 area myself. If I didn't have one already

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave
    From what I see, I would go up to the $8-8.5 area myself. If I didn't have one already
    Stupid question, but how much more is the talisman package worth over a normal fleetwood? I know they were pretty rare.

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post

Cracked dash, rust and the deal breaker---no leather interior.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Stupid question, but how much more is the talisman package worth over a normal fleetwood? I know they were pretty rare.
    They originally cost about two grand more. That is about $9,500 in today's dough. I don't think I would pay 9 grand more for a car though. It would have to be brand new---with leather.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    Wow! I could get a rust free nearly new one out here for that.

You find me a rust free nearly new Talisman I can buy for $8-$8.5 and there is a finders fee in it for you. Fleetwoods, all day long, but Talisman?

Good luck finding a leather Talisman, Only one exists that I have seen and debate still goes on about it being built that way.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.