Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!

  1. #1921
    talismandave's Avatar
    talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70,
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Madison WI
    Age
    58
    Posts
    7,894

    Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!

    1976 Talisman.....moonroof!

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Talis...orcev4exp=true


    44,000 miles, not a fan of the color though.


  2. #1922
    Vladillac Khrougham's Avatar
    Vladillac Khrougham is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Brougham
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    VA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    60

    Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!


  3. #1923
    grauhst's Avatar
    grauhst is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 83 FWB d'Elegance, 83 CDV, 83 FWB, 74 Lincoln Mark IV
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Stralsund, Germany
    Age
    27
    Posts
    371

    Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!

    Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    1976 Talisman.....moonroof!

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Talis...orcev4exp=true


    44,000 miles, not a fan of the color though.
    What a beauty!
    Maybe sometimes..... this would be a great replacement for my Lincoln (if I would sell it)

  4. #1924
    jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,100

    Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!

    Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    1976 Talisman.....moonroof!

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Talis...orcev4exp=true


    44,000 miles, not a fan of the color though.
    Did the Talisman come with leather interior as an option? I ask because I have never seen one with a leather interior. For as much as they cost back then, it should have been an option at least.

    ----------

    Wow! KBB classified is some high dollar stuff......[COLOR="Silver"]

  5. #1925
    oldcaddybuyer's Avatar
    oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS | 2013 ATS (03 STS, 96 FWB)
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Frederick, Maryland
    Posts
    377

    Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!


  6. #1926
    talismandave's Avatar
    talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70,
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Madison WI
    Age
    58
    Posts
    7,894

    Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!

    Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers View Post
    Did the Talisman come with leather interior as an option? I ask because I have never seen one with a leather interior. For as much as they cost back then, it should have been an option at least. [COLOR="Silver"]
    That has been a subject of long debate! I have seen it argued that it was and seen people say they have salesman's order book that lists it. I also have a magazine with a pictorial of one in leather. Then I have heard people argue that it was redone in leather that was not original? When I get home tonight I will look for pictures.

  7. #1927
    csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    5,618
    Bro-Ham would probably be the guy to ask.

  8. #1928
    jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,100

    Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!

    Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    That has been a subject of long debate! I have seen it argued that it was and seen people say they have salesman's order book that lists it. I also have a magazine with a pictorial of one in leather. Then I have heard people argue that it was redone in leather that was not original? When I get home tonight I will look for pictures.
    You know I had to go online and check it out and yes they did. The regular Talisman package added $1,800 to the price of a Cadillac. The supple Sierra Grain leather Talisman Option cost $2,450. I suppose that made it a very rare option. I found two interesting sites connected to each other:
    This one
    http://automotivemileposts.com/cadil...dtalisman.html
    and this one:
    http://automotivemileposts.com/cadil...eriortrim.html

    A picture of the Sierra grain leather but I have no idea of it is in a Talisman:

    1975-Cadillac-051.jpg

  9. #1929
    jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,100

    Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!

    Quote Originally Posted by oldcaddybuyer View Post
    Interesting.

  10. #1930
    talismandave's Avatar
    talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70,
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Madison WI
    Age
    58
    Posts
    7,894

    Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!

    Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers View Post
    You know I had to go online and check it out and yes they did. The regular Talisman package added $1,800 to the price of a Cadillac. The supple Sierra Grain leather Talisman Option cost $2,450. I suppose that made it a very rare option. I found two interesting sites connected to each other:
    This one
    http://automotivemileposts.com/cadil...dtalisman.html
    and this one:
    http://automotivemileposts.com/cadil...eriortrim.html

    A picture of the Sierra grain leather but I have no idea of it is in a Talisman:

    1975-Cadillac-051.jpg
    I have seen that site and many others. So have the people who debate this issue. I stated what I said as I did, because I do not want to get in an argument with the folks who are "leather deniers".

    I have studied, and collected many items on Talisman since I purchased my first one in 1979. I actually own both versions of the sales guide salesmen at dealerships used. One with the leather listed and one without. The latter is the latest edition so it seemed to me that it was added mid year.

    However, I made the mistake of stating that in another Cadillac venue, and was quickly "corrected" by a Cadillac "expert", so I no longer have an opinion on the unicorn of Cadillacs!

  11. #1931
    DanD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    20

    Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976-...ht_3819wt_1165

    Just something about that car that is both repulsing and amazing...

  12. #1932
    talismandave's Avatar
    talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70,
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Madison WI
    Age
    58
    Posts
    7,894

    Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!

    I have always liked them, that one more than most!

  13. #1933
    jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,100

    Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!

    Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    I have seen that site and many others. So have the people who debate this issue. I stated what I said as I did, because I do not want to get in an argument with the folks who are "leather deniers".

    I have studied, and collected many items on Talisman since I purchased my first one in 1979. I actually own both versions of the sales guide salesmen at dealerships used. One with the leather listed and one without. The latter is the latest edition so it seemed to me that it was added mid year.

    However, I made the mistake of stating that in another Cadillac venue, and was quickly "corrected" by a Cadillac "expert", so I no longer have an opinion on the unicorn of Cadillacs!
    There may be deniers but they had it as an option. How many they produced? We probably will never know.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    I have always liked them, that one more than most!
    It would work for me too. Definitely not an underpowered station wagon.

    ----------

    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/3888930619.html

    One of my favorite Cadillacs.

    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/3867613372.html
    Why do I think of Boss Hogg?

    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3888905117.html
    Poor car needs rescuing.

    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3887922119.html
    This guy has got to be kidding!

  14. #1934
    Aron9000's Avatar
    Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    5,418

    Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!

    Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers View Post
    There may be deniers but they had it as an option. How many they produced? We probably will never know.

    ----------



    It would work for me too. Definitely not an underpowered station wagon.

    ----------

    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/3888930619.html

    One of my favorite Cadillacs.

    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/3867613372.html
    Why do I think of Boss Hogg?
    That 59 looks interesting for the $8600 price. If the body is solid and straight that's a great deal. I doubt that green is the original color, looks like something somebody did in the 90's when that "Hunter Green" color was popular on new cars.

    Same thing with that 1970 Boss Hogg speical(although JD Hogg's Cadillac was white on white leather) $8000 is a great price if its rust free, runs good, and all the cosmetics are in reasonable order.

  15. #1935
    jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,100

    Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    That 59 looks interesting for the $8600 price. If the body is solid and straight that's a great deal. I doubt that green is the original color, looks like something somebody did in the 90's when that "Hunter Green" color was popular on new cars.

    Same thing with that 1970 Boss Hogg speical(although JD Hogg's Cadillac was white on white leather) $8000 is a great price if its rust free, runs good, and all the cosmetics are in reasonable order.
    Yeah, if I had the money then the 59 would be mine.

    I had forgotten that Hogg's Cadillac had a white interior too. You are right.


Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum