Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here! - Page 114
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 178 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2658
Like Tree155Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Gman1023 1976 Talisman with Astroroof. Condition looks good but I'm not so much a fan of the ...
    Cadillac Giovanni is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 86 DeVille (RIP), 89 Brougham D'Elegance, 95 FWB

Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Gman1023 View Post
    1976 Talisman with Astroroof. Condition looks good but I'm not so much a fan of the Continental kit and grille:

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/3610693567.html
    UGH. I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it until I die; If you want a Continental, buy a Lincoln Continental. Those grill kits and that gaudy chrome trim are some of the worst things you can do to a Cadillac.

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Giovanni View Post
    UGH. I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it until I die; If you want a Continental, buy a Lincoln Continental. Those grill kits and that gaudy chrome trim are some of the worst things you can do to a Cadillac.
    I could not agree more, but to each their own I guess. The fortunate thing for us purists is that those changes are relatively easily undone, and I have a hunch that especially vintage Conti kits and grilles are probably pretty saleable. I know the awful Rolls Royce grilles for the 93-96 cars sell for $550, so I never shy away from looking at a car with one because I know I could put it on eBay for $400 and get the stock replacement for under $200.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

As a Cadillac enthusiast I agree with you. Sort of.....

As someone who lived in a metropolitan area in the 70s and grew up seeing many a fine "Pimpmobile" just running around town, I can appreciate them as a classic too.
    Much like collectors of 30s and 40s cars add period correct visors or evaporative air conditioners to their cars, I feel it is acceptable to add period correct "pimping" to a 70s Cadillac.

I think the hobby would suffer a great loss if all of those modifications were lost from our history. Same as if all Hot Rodded Model Ts were all restored to original.

There are probably people on this forum, myself included, who had those outrageous cars influence their love for Cadillacs. I can't say for sure, I loved the Mark IV, so I had a predisposition toward large luxury cars. I can say if my first Talisman didn't have the "pimp" trimmings on it I would not have stopped to look at it and ultimately buy it. I wasn't looking at 4 doors. If it weren't for the cartoonish garb on it, I may be posting on a Lincoln forum right now.

edit;(In proof reading this before posting, I can hear some of you out there thinking that sounds good!)

I agree the cars have a beauty of their own and that the extra stuff does nothing to add to that. As a historically correct modification I enjoy seeing them, and would even own one someday. From that standpoint, what better car to "pimp" than a Talisman!
    MrHolland and MrHolland like this.

Aron9000 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

That spare tire and landau bars would HAVE TO GO if I owned that car. I hate those with a passion. The big RR grill on the front, it kind of depends on the year/model of Cadillac. I personally love it on that 76 Fleetwood, as that car is already kind of vulgar. The hood ornament kind of adds to the vulgarity, but IMO its period correct for the hairy chested two buttons unbuttoned disco era.

If the big grill and flying lady were on a more restrained, smaller 77 or newer car, I'd call it tacky. But the 76 was the last of the big, bad, IMO slightly cheesy Cadillacs.

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

You make good points. I don't like the Conti kit or chrome grille myself and if I bought the car I'd sell them and return it to original, but I see how the add to nostalgia. On the AACA forums folks have the same discussion regarding curb feelers, chrome spotlights and those over-windshield sun visors on classics. Are they totally original to how the car left the factory? No of course not, but just as with today plenty of new cars have dealer installed options and for some it's a key part of the nostalgia. So I see where you're coming from. I'm not trying to belittle anyone's taste, but it just isn't my style. If it sheds any further light, I drink my coffee black and eat rolls without butter. I'm the purists' purist.
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

whodunit? is offline Cadillac Owners Member

1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
    Never smoked in, has clean leather smell.
    On Airbag suspension(4 viair 380c compressors)2 working 2 not working. car will still lift, but it will take a while. Compressors can easily be replaced with stronger ones.
    Body is in good condition 7/10
    Interior is in great condition 9/10
    Has no speakers but will include head unit.
    New:
    brake lines
    2 calipers
    2 rear drums
    sway bar links
    Alternator
    Speed sensor
    Battery
    Recently bled brakes

Paint: Maroon
    Interior Leather: Maroon
    Imitation Conv top: Black

The car was sitting for 3 years, when I went to start it up it barely hesitated, new fluids and all.
    LT1 v8 Motor runs strong at 103,xxx Miles
    Inside of car is almost perfect, with normal wear on driver seat next to the adjustment switches, and one of the unlock/lock buttons pushed into the door, but I'm going to fix that sometime this week. Dashboard has a crack which doesn't affect anything, its just there and you wouldn't notice it unless you went out of your way for it.
    Car does not have AC because the compressor went bad a while back. I'm honest when it comes to these things because I don't intend on hiding things that I've noticed on the car.

Outside of car has a few scratches and the paint has seen better days due to sun exposure. a couple of surface rust spots on the trunk/hood.
    Trunk does not close all the way because electric motor went bad, it still closes and latches and will not open by force unless using key or button in glove compartment. I might also fix this sometime during the week.
    Cloth on Imitation conv top is in good condition. some small scratches.
    Tires have a good amount of tread left. No missing Hubcaps.
    Selling because I have 2 other vehicles.

The car is extremely comfortable and spacious, and the headliner is in perfect conditions as are the back seats and passenger seat.

text/email/call me for information/pics
    347-397-4327
    3Ka3Ic3J85N95L75J7d3p145b4558dd811cf3.jpg
    3F53Le3Ha5Kb5F75H7d3p5953ca4842d11cef.jpg
    3Ga3I63Ma5G95K55M4d3p17482b91133510da.jpg
    3Gc3K13J35If5G15Jad3p42ca6c27a27c1e11.jpg
    3E13K93F45L85G15F6d3pca532e02791e15f3.jpg
    3M83I23J75N35Ic5H8d3p3686cf1ac38312ba.jpg
    3Ed3Ke3N95E95F25H5d3pf2eedb2722f9132c.jpg
    3I93L83Mf5G55E25M1d3p346d617b24501c22.jpg

Craigslist listing: http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/3703636777.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...#ht_865wt_1165

These things are gorgeous in red. Probably my favorite color after black.

Even though I've already bought a new car, I can't help but continue to search and see what's out there. Here's a really clean looking Brougham in Connecticut. Got the rust spots on the fenders that I'd expect from being a daily driver in New England, but holy moly. The rest is gorgeous. The upholstery says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...t_20933wt_1165

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

Even though I've already bought a new car, I can't help but continue to search and see what's out there. Here's a really clean looking Brougham in Connecticut. Got the rust spots on the fenders that I'd expect from being a daily driver in New England, but holy moly. The rest is gorgeous. The upholstery says it all.

She's in great shape! If the under body is decent its a great buy.

PO traded it on a Lincoln? His loss...

Wish it were here. It is taking every fiber of my being not to enter a bid. It's killing me just sitting there. By the time I ship it, it's no longer a good deal though. Too bad, would be a fun driver car for two grand.

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    Wish it were here. It is taking every fiber of my being not to enter a bid. It's killing me just sitting there. By the time I ship it, it's no longer a good deal though. Too bad, would be a fun driver car for two grand.
    Shipping would be about $450-$500 from CT to WI.

74 Talisman in Flint MI with a gorgeous tan interior and sunroof!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1974-...orcev4exp=true
    Benzilla and Benzilla like this.

Aron9000 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Too bad its an up north car. Although I must say that is REALLY clean for an up north car.

What is that grey color called??? I personally love that dark grey metallic color, as it really pops with the chrome. If I were ordering it new, I'd go for the burgandy leather though. I know Cadillac offered this dark metallic grey along with a much lighter, non-metallic grey that looks god-awful, like the paint was flat when the car was new.

I believe the color is "Academy Gray". I'm a fan as well. It offers the dark, reflective sheen of black, without showing off as many imperfections. I almost bought a different Brougham in that shade, myself. Only thing I don't like on that car is the "premiere" vinyl roof that covers that rearmost window like it does on the 90-92. throws something off. other than that, gorgeous.

Nobody had bid on that car last I saw. I'm assuming it was finally sold for around the initial 2K starting bid. I actually ran across the same car on cars.com, and they were trying to get 5k for it there.

I'm curious what those little black plastic thingies are on the front bumper on either side of the grill. Anyone know?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...#ht_500wt_1182

Someone's got their head in the clouds. The only picture is blurry garbage that doesn't even show the whole car, and even if it was mint, not worth the starting bid.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.