Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here! - Page 106
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 188 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2812
Like Tree169Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm Too bad my '93 isn't a "Chicago edition"... well I can dye the middle part of ...
    talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: Find a RWD Cad for sale? Have a RWD Cad to sell? Post it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
    Too bad my '93 isn't a "Chicago edition"... well I can dye the middle part of the seats black or spray paint those like new seats with black paint in the center areas - that would make it rare too... will that help me sell it? LOL!
    You have no problem the look, it is beautiful and well kept as is. I see you are up to 21 bids, When I bought mine I waited until near the end to punch in a high bid, with 21 bids there may be some competition at the final hour. It is scary buying a car long distance, I think the running problem might be even scarier for some. Good luck in the last day.

Tennesseestorm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    You have no problem the look, it is beautiful and well kept as is. I see you are up to 21 bids, When I bought mine I waited until near the end to punch in a high bid, with 21 bids there may be some competition at the final hour. It is scary buying a car long distance, I think the running problem might be even scarier for some. Good luck in the last day.
    Thanks. Well this one sure was different, there were absolutely NO other bids toward the end it seems. It appears so like you said, the mechanical problems scared some away, but I thought a lot of guys that bought these were DIY'ers. Well the bid stopped at $1850, which was $1150 below my reserve. I felt the car was worth at least $3000, but would take $2600 from a member here, (which is LESS than what I have invested in it) at this point (since I broke the windshield wipers in a winter storm yesterday). Puh, $1850. You cant buy a Cavalier for that. lol. I am going to list on Craigslist again for $2800.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

I don't know how close you are to populated areas but I think craigslist is a better place for DIY buyers in general. I would list in in neighboring cities even a couple hundred miles away. Good luck.

----------

Talisman for sale in NY ....Triple black, sunroof!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976-...item232727a0c6

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    I don't know how close you are to populated areas but I think craigslist is a better place for DIY buyers in general. I would list in in neighboring cities even a couple hundred miles away. Good luck.[COLOR=Silver]
    Mmm, well we live in a little metro area which consists of three cities within 20 miles of each other, with populations of 50K-65K each, then all of the surrounding towns and communities, so total metro population within a 50 mile radius would probably be around 250K people. I actually had a guy want me to call him about my car this weekend, so I have to do that, so we will see.

**FWIW, the rear windows are working again.

----------

UPDATE - the rear windows are working again on this car! They were originally reported to not be working, but thanks to some great folks here, I have them working again (just needed to shut the door while holding the switch, lol). Not sure how long that will work though. However, the wiper arms are now broken (likely the arms) due to a rare southern snow storm that I was caught out in on Thursday).

I have reduced the price to $2800 cash if anyone interested in it. I want to find this car a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
    As much as I hate to, I am going to have to let my pride and joy go.

This is a low mileage and very well cared for 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham - one of the last rear wheel drive V8 Cadillacs that were made. The interior of this car is where it really shines. You can tell this car has been babied and many would love to have an original interior this nice on a 90s Fleetwood! This Fleetwood Brougham was manufactured in February of 1993 and has 121K actual miles (LOW miles for a 1993) and was garage kept up until the last 2 years of its life.

As expected, the car is loaded with all of the bells and whistles (and has the Brougham package - which added heated seats, more plush seating material, padded vinyl top and nicer alloy wheels and Brougham scripts) and also has the "security" option package which included keyless entry, automatic locking-unlocking doors (when placed in/out of gears) and fuel cap cover lock. It also features the factory CD player option (but it does not work, however the radio and cassette do work fine). The body of this car is rust free and solid. The car did unfortunately suffer some hail damage on the hood and deck lid in the severe weather of 2011, one year after it was no longer in the garage. The top is padded vinyl, so there was no damage there. The car runs really great and the interior is almost like new, much better than many of these I have seen with much lower mileage. This car has never been smoked in. There are no cracks in the dash (very rare) and the seats are near mint, as is the B-pillar trim which is prone to wear. The cars original paint literally gleams and holds a wax for a very long time, I waxed it 6 months ago and the water still beads! The original vinyl top is also i very nice condition. It needs to be cleaned, but the top material is still very soft and pliable. The car has hot heat and cold A/C and features automatic climate control, ABS brakes, traction assist, dual airbags, digital speedometer, twilight sentinel, keyless entry, power antenna, power trunk, trumpet horns, heated seats with memory, tilt wheel, auto locking doors, turn signal left on reminder chime, front and rear light monitors and much more! This car does NOT have the LT1 engine, that didnt come along until 1994, but I have heard from many Fleetwood owners that while the LT1 is more desirable, the LO5 engine (like in the '93 and older Fleetwood) is a better engine in many ways and much easier and cheaper to service! This car only has 185 HP, but has 300 ft lbs of torque, so it is no slouch, the car will move when you need to it, but I baby it. Its my baby you know. I am one of those that take the smoothest road I can find and dodge all potholes I see!

The car does have some mechanical issues (it may sound like alot, but really its not - the good outweighs the bad), none of which I believe that are anything major, but I will describe to the best of my ability. The car has an issue where at a certain speed the speedometer will jump around (when you are going between 8-11 mph, probably a speed sensor). Sometimes on highway speed driving, the "service engine soon" lamp will illuminate, but goes out, I am sure nothing major, it is off more than it is on). There is some "play/slack" in the steering and probably needs an alignment. One of the front tires seems to have a broken belt, but still has nice tread (rear tires are like new). The front driver power seat nor heater does not work, probably a fuse, I have yet to check it. For some reason the power rear windows stopped working (again, could be a fuse, I will check) and the front passenger window will go off track if you roll it down. The front driver window works fine. The "low oil lamp" will come on from time to time, despite the oil being full- a bad sensor again I am told. The car does not leak or burn any oil. Does not smoke. The car has a "grumble" that is more noticable at highway speeds. I was told it could be a bad u-joint, but I am not a mechanic, so I cant tell you for sure. Lastly, the engine has an occasional tick that can be heard for a moment when the car is started after the engine is fully warmed. I am not sure what it is, the car was doing it when I purchased it a year ago. I recently had the car at at a local Cadillac dealer to repair some vacuum lines (had an issue from where the heat/AC was blowing out of defrost only) and now it works fine. They also did the general vehicle inspection and th car passed with all green check marks on all areas checked. A DIY'er could get this car back 100% easily.

I searched for one of these cars for a very long time and finally found this one, but I have since purchased a 1993 Mercedes, then I WON a brand new Honda in a contest, so this one has to go as much as I hate to sell my dream car! I do hope to find another someday. I just hope to find this Fleetwood a good home and see it go to someone who knows, loves and appreciates these old cars. Please contact me if you have any questions or desire any other photos. Please keep in mind that this car is sold as-is, no warranty!

I have been driving this car to work with the underside grumble its been making on the freeway about 40 miles per day, but I would not recommend driving it far at highway speeds until the cause of the rumble/grumble is determined and repaired. Buyer is completely responsible for shipping, but I will work with the transport company (meet them within a reasonable distance) if you decide to have this car shipped to your location.

I am not sure about the price, I was told to ask something, then come down if needed. I am going to start with an asking price of $3500. CASH / OBO. (KBB value is $3700, but look on ebay, these cars seem to go well over book value). I may have it overpriced or underpriced from what I have seen of others posted for sale... we will see. If no action soon, its going on ebay. *If anyone on here is interested, make me an offer.

See pics below (the one showing the defroster vent - that marking is not on the dash, but where a window sticker was on the windshield).

I also have a green '95 Lincoln Town Car for sale for $1500 (needs some TLC)

more pics here on this old thread...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3032467

Additional photos of engine:
    (as you can see the air cleaner needs to be painted) - this is an UNCLEANED, UNDETAILED, original engine. I do not think that the engine has EVER been cleaned and I think it looks nice considering. This engine would look like new with some detailing.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Advice: you are being too descriptive with your sale. Buyers of course don't expect a twenty year old car to be perfect, especially a 3k one. Cut way down on the description. List good points, and a couple of major flaws. That's it. Discuss stuff in more detail on the phone, and in greater detail when someone shows up. Reading all of that will (and I can guarantee is) turning off buyers. Now, for entertainment, I give you a "1972 Cadillac" on ebay. Click, trust me. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-...702560bd#v4-41

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
    Now, for entertainment, I give you a "1972 Cadillac" on ebay. Click, trust me. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-...702560bd#v4-41
    I just sent the seller an e-mail, informing him of he really has.

LOL, yeah, well I guess I am too honest of a person - do those even exist anymore? lol. I guess I didnt want there to be any surprises. Everything wrong with the car is minor and I am sure that a DIY'er can easily get it back to par. Its just several small things that it needs. I think these things would be easier than restoring an interior or major body damage, neither which are issues on tehse cars. The car was clearly garaged for most of this life from the looks of interior, vinyl top and exterior trim/door seals, original paint, which are all still in excellent condition. Something went bezerk with the heater today, the blower only works when it wants to (after I paid the dealer $120 two weeks ago to repair!). If not sold by the time I get a chance to take it back, I am going to take it back to have them check it. There are a few local folks interested in it, one couple want it after they get their income tax return and I priced it to them for $3000, but I am going to tell them I will take less. I marked it down to $2800, but if someone came and wanted it this week as-is, I may let it go for $2700 *which would be me taking a loss on it. I just have too many cars and I want to sell this one. I will hopefully find another later on.

Yeah, that ad is funny! I have owned a '72 Cadillac and I dont quite recall it looking like that. LOL!!!

Thanks for the tips!

Advice: you are being too descriptive with your sale. Buyers of course don't expect a twenty year old car to be perfect, especially a 3k one. Cut way down on the description. List good points, and a couple of major flaws. That's it. Discuss stuff in more detail on the phone, and in greater detail when someone shows up. Reading all of that will (and I can guarantee is) turning off buyers. Now, for entertainment, I give you a "1972 Cadillac" on ebay. Click, trust me. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-...702560bd#v4-41

bigm57ict is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1979 Coupe deVille

Now, for entertainment, I give you a "1972 Cadillac" on ebay. Click, trust me. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-...702560bd#v4-41

Maybe he actually typed in "Citroen" and the auto correct couldn't decide if he meant "Cadillac" or "Centurion"

Looking at ads like this make me think I have my car priced very well! $1750, its beat to crap and has almost 200K.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

Have you searched "completed sales" on ebay to see what they are actually selling for?

Have you searched "completed sales" on ebay to see what they are actually selling for?
    No, I hadn't, I didn't know you could do that until you told me, thanks for letting me know! Well I went and looked and from what I can tell as far as ebay goes, I guess I cant expect what I want/wanted for mine. I notice there was a blue '95 Fleetwood on there that was very local to me (about 20 miles from here) that sold for $4549. The interesting thing is the guy had the car for sale locally on Craigslist for $8500 for a long time, then I noticed it on Craigslist again last week newly listed as reduced, but then it said $9500. lol. However, I see it SOLD on ebay to the high bidder of $4549. It only has 79K on it and looks like new and from the description, does not have the problems that plague mine. I guess a nice interior and a "no cracks in the dash board" isn't everything. I have seen much lower mileage Fleetwoods however with cracks all over the dash boards. lol.

Gee, well these things sure don't bring or sell for what they were going for when I started looking for one 5 years ago. I could never find one locally that was reasonably priced, even just a good one was $5K+. Naturally though since I finally found one last year at what I thought was a super good price, really wasn't as good as it seems a year later. Everytime I buy a car, the desire/value of that car goes way down. lol.

Well there is a local couple interested in mine for $3K when they get their income tax return, I may just see how that goes, or keep advertising lower and lower until it sells (and not be over descriptive like you said) and take a huge loss and learn a lesson to never pay too much for one of these next time I get one, because I do want another someday! Hopefully a nice '94 or '95 model.

Also I really need the cash right now, but at this point, I would even consider trading it for a nice 1971-73 4-door Cadillac or a 1968-73 Caprice and sell my other classic car I have for the funds I need. Maybe my dads retirement will come in fast and I wont have to worry about it. LOL!

Thanks again for all of the advice!

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

'74 Fleetwood Talisman in Farragut TN.
    http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/3485507336.html

Pending deal on my Caddy, I have been offered $2600 for it... deal pending.
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

Good luck!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.