1990 Vacuum schematic
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, 1990 Vacuum schematic in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey everyone, I was wondering if there is anyone that has a vacuum schematic for 1990 Fleetwood Brougham(5.0), If so ...
    aidan2474 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

1990 Vacuum schematic

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there is anyone that has a vacuum schematic for 1990 Fleetwood Brougham(5.0), If so please let me know because my Cadillac is running like a fresh turd . If not any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: 1990 Vacuum schematic

It's not on the emissions label under the hood?

Pjs
    Pjs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Here's the link to AllData's vacuum diagram for the 91' 5.0

http://www.alldatadiy.com/alldata/AF...71487/42028518

Pjs
    Pjs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

FYI,

For the past year, I've been beating my head against a wall trying to figure out a problem that didn't much make sense to me, I did however solve the problem and am going to share in case someone else has had the same situation.

Although my engine has 180K on it, it's in real good shape, great compression, doesn't burn any oil and idles so smooth you can hardly tell the engine is running. The problem though has been that I've got so much blow by coming through the breather filter in the air cleaner that it loads the air filter housing w/ oil, not to mention that it literally melts the filter. Of course my first thought is that the PCV valve is not functioning. The valve was fine, and there seemed to be plenty of vacuum, but thinking maybe I've replaced it w/ the wrong one prompted me to buy a couple of them.
    Still have the problem...one year later
    Last week I went through my usual 3 month ritual, replace the air filter, breather filter and clean the PCV. As the engine was running I pulled the PCV, lo and behold...no vacuum. I pulled the hose off the bottom of the TBI and was surprised to see the hose nipple completely clogged w/ carbon build-up. Not only was the TBI clogged, but the hose itself was clogged as well. After a can of B-12 the PCV system seems to be working fine and no blow by to speak of. Apparently, although there was vacuum on the PCV, it wasn't enough.

Patrick

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Quote Originally Posted by Pjs
    Here's the link to AllData's vacuum diagram for the 91' 5.0

http://www.alldatadiy.com/alldata/AF...71487/42028518
    That link says you need to log in.

The 1990 engine is different then the 1991. El Dobro's right that it should be on a sticker under the hood.

thanks for the replies,

but to answer your question,... the schematic on the car is unreadable

and yes that alldata site has a login, if you want to PM me with your username and password that would be great !!!!!!!

So if there is anyone else that can help me , please respond

Bump !

Whytie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I've got the same problem with blow-by. What is B-12??

Jonnylightning71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 Caddilac Brougham Fleetwood

LOL I am with you brother. I own a 1998 eclipse and a 1970 dodge charger. Caddilacs IMO the worst supported car ever you cant find a god damn thing for these cars when it comes to schematics it really erates the hell out of me.

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Whoa, 9 years has got to be the farthest I've seen someone dig. The info is hard to find...outside this forum. I have a 90 service manual and Sven has a nice little diagram he made that makes things easy.

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Just for reference, and anyone else looking information in this very dead thread:

This is the vacuum diagram for the Oldsmobile 307 (5.0 V8), used in Cadillac Rear Wheel Drive models form 1986 to 1990

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.