Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 662 participants last post by  Elvin1972 
#1 ·
Come on guys, let's see those DeVilles and Fleetwoods!

See less See more
#1,753 ·
I love the bustle back Seville, its a lot more stylish than the rather generic 76-79 Seville. Too bad they all came with POS motors, but I've often wondered how hard it would be to put the drivetrain from a 1970 Eldorado in there. 500ci, 400hp, 550lb-ft torque of awesomeness. Torque steer could border on epic:lildevil:

#1,755 ·
Yeah the 368 was 1980, 1981. TBI fuel injected both years, with the sucky v4-6-8 thing in 1981. I've heard mixed things on both years, the 81 sucks until you disconnect the cylinder displacement feature. Some people swear those fuel injected motors are great, others say the electronics are crap and make the car unreliable. I know carbed versions of the 368 are very reliable.

As for the 4100, we all know that was probably an even bigger mistake than the Cimmaron.

#1,756 ·
This one was bought as a left hand drive in California in 1972 and driven around the States whilst the buyer, (an Australian Hotel owner)
was on vacation. He then sent it back to Australia where it was converted to right hand drive. Back in the 70"s Australian law dictated
that all cars had to be RHD to be registered and driven on public roads.

#1,757 ·
This one was bought in California in "72 and driven around the USA whilst the buyer ( an Australian hotel owner ) was on vacation.
He then shipped it back to Australia where it was converted to right hand drive. Back in Australia in the 70's cars had to be rhd to be registered
and driven on public roads.

#1,771 · (Edited)
Some progress on my 69 SDV while I´m waiting for the new differential. I´ve cleaned steering wheel & dash and painted its totally faded chromed lines. I also took out the wood veneer dash panel, filed it off (it was full of bubbles) and covered it with auto-adhesive vinyl. I also painted the faded "cadillac" letters and lines above the glovebox. I used a silver felt tip pen to renew them. I also covered the sun burned wheel rim.
First I used engine cleaner, as dirt was stuck to surface from decades without proper cleaning, and then I used a dash renewer :

post image wordpress

image hosting service

wordpress image upload

Burned chrome line around dash was renewed also with flexible auto-adhesive chrome line sold by the meter.

This is an old pic:

adult image hosting

image upload

I have a new glovebox lock to change old one. It´s difficult to close and handle is missing

I also replaced headlights with original type ones and recovered missing headlight rims. Now high beam center lights work as there were no sockets in the old adapted ones, which were screwed to the frame:

Left: Old ones. Right: New ones

image upload

I also took the opportunity to polish front chrome in detail.

free image hosting

post image wordpress

The mechanic was testing wipers. The motor works well but installation is a mess. They are not totally down, awaiting installation fixing.

#1,774 ·
I bought it here in Spain, in a packed roll but I´m sure you´ll find something similar in MN. This Sunday I´m going to the car´s home so I´ll take some pics of the flex. chrome line and note down wide measure. I think it´s similar to this one (I think mine is wider): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAR-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Just adding that I had to apply instant glue to the lower vertical part of the molding, as it detached from its base but final look is great.

#1,775 ·
I bought it here in Spain, in a packed roll but I´m sure you´ll find something similar in MN. This Sunday I´m going to the car´s home so I´ll take some pics of the flex. chrome line and note down wide measure. I think it´s similar to this one (I think mine is wider): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAR-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
I would think it was something between 1/8" and 1/4"? 1/4" seems too wide... I'm all fired up about replacing mine now! I took the old one out in my car and painted it black and re-inserted it. Didn't turn out very well. If I could find some of this chrome trim molding I'd go home and work on it today!

#1,777 ·
I think I found a very similar chrome trim molding at Autozone so I'm going to stop in there and check that out on my way home today. If it appears to be the right stuff, I'll purchase and see if I can work on it this weekend! I'll show you a pic if I'm able to get it done! Thanks for the help!