Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 662 participants last post by  Elvin1972 
#1 ·
Come on guys, let's see those DeVilles and Fleetwoods!

See less See more
#346 ·
Why does it sit lower in the front?

#350 ·
Nah, it's not the angle of the picture. I had the same thing with my '79 and it drove me NUTS. The last owner had replaced the rear springs and left the front ones original. If you get it on a flat surface and measure at both ends of the rocker molding, the rear will be about 1.5" higher. Lots of them have this problem, I'm extremely picky about ride height. I have my Phaeton so that the rear sits 1/4" lower than the front, it looks level but gives it a nice swaggering appearance.

Rakes are for hot rods or yard work, personally I'd have your front springs done. Still a gorgeous coupe though. :)

#351 ·
Honestly I never gave it much thought after i had the rear springs replaced next time i have it out I'll check on it. I've seen the pics of your repainted phaeton and I think thats my next step( yours looks awesome btw). The 77 looks great as is but the orig owner repainted it in 1984 so there are some scratches/touch ups.

#358 ·
Wow, very very nice! I love that hood ornament! You must have the only one in Deutschland.

#368 ·
Cool, so how does it look now?

#369 ·
Yup,Iiiii'mmm Baaaaccckk!!!!And I brought a new deVille with me...Sold off my '72 to a good friend who is a mechanic and an automotive electrician,and bought a '73 Coupe deVille project...Needs minor things..

Have the original blue plates and the fron one has a relocater kit and is mounted behind the front grill..