Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 662 participants last post by  Elvin1972 
#1 ·
Come on guys, let's see those DeVilles and Fleetwoods!

See less See more
#77 ·
#83 ·
It really isn't that destracting in person. They came on these cars originally, the wheelcovers were designed to be wrapped in those whitewalls.

Are you seriously telling me you think this looks better?

From farther away it blends perfectly.

Reactions: cla-C-cadee
#86 · (Edited)
OK Took me long enough! The weather has been great here and I got my 77 Deville out for the first time since November!

This was my Grandfather's Car he bought it new in 77. It became mine in 1990. It's bone stock all original except for the KOOKs custom stainless exhaust.

Pix of my FWB to follow.

Your cars all look great!

Attachments

#87 ·
Beautiful cars, both of you. might I add that they look like they just left the showroom with those correct whitewalls. ;)

#91 ·
My Whitewalls are Goodyear Arriva's from 1989! They still have some tread and haven't rotted out! Good Year stopped making these wide whites a long time ago. I have no idea what I will replace them with but I love the wide whitewalls.

-David
There's two companies that still make the 1.3" whitewall. Broadway classics and Dimension IV which you can get through coker tires.

#94 ·
2003 Cadillac CTS

Just bought da CTS and you know i had to "throw some d's on that bitch":D

and just installed pillars(need to get a better background)

Get that outta here! We meant the D-Body RWD Caddies! ;)

Reactions: armin1
#92 · (Edited)
Guess I could add dad's too, even though I haven't gotten any good new pics in a while.

Hasn't been looking so great lately, with the top mildewed and grayed once again, it sitting around without much use, and having toasted shocks and such, but my brother tries to keep it detailed when he can.

#93 ·
No offence Derek, but that red leather is odd on that car.

#95 · (Edited)
Well, again, it's deeper than that and not fire engine red like the old digicam made it look when I took those pics years ago. It's not purple like the burgundy you see sometimes, but not bright red either--very, very luxurious and I actually like it more than my neutral to some extent. My dad doesn't--he'd prefer the neutral I have in every vehicle--but it's one thing I really like about the '93, and was shocked we found one, especially since it matched the Roadmaster.

This is more accurate:

Overall, I think the Neutral is probably the best shade for most colors, but the rarer '93 Garnet red is quite nice if you like some color, and not drab like gray or yuck (IMHO) like blue. Not for everyone, but you have to see it in person to get the effect, especially when it's as immaculate as our '93 inside.

#103 ·
Not in the greatest condition? It looks like it could be almost mint under all that dirt!

Seriously, take her to a detailer, you will see new life emerge.

I love the silver.

Reactions: RedCadi
#105 ·
Which red was it? in '79 there was a cherry red, then there was a fire engine red. I have a friend with a black 79 CDV with the cherry red interior. ohhh it's nice.

#107 ·
Yeah, I told him about CF but he's what you might call pre-internet mentality. He's a cool guy in his 60s that wears a black cowboy hat. He also has a white diamond 1994 Deville and he just sold his mint condition white 1989 Lincoln Town Car.

I'm actually thinking of buying the CDV off him, he said he'd sell it for $8000. It's always been garaged and covered. I might sell my white Coupe for it.

And here's his old Town Car. Right after he sold it the new owner blew the engine up. Then had it crushed. R.I.P old Lincoln.

Reactions: CandyLacBrome
#109 ·
And here's his old Town Car. Right after he sold it the new owner blew the engine up. Then had it crushed. R.I.P old Lincoln.

Those were really nice cars too. Suuuuuper plush and suuuper comfy, much more plush and ostentatious IMO than the similar Broughams. After my accident in the '92 in December of '05, I was thinking if the car was totaled, I'd pick up a real nice late '80s Town Car because they were so cheap (you could find a lot of excellent, low mileage examples for well under $3000) , so reliable, were a nice mixture of the '70s Lincolns interior and exterior design and the more modern Lincolns ride/handling plus they were smaller and easier to manuver and better on gas, and they had all of the features I craved and were ALL STEEL! That was a big issue for me after I saw how my plastic fenders gave way in that impact. But then again, the steel would have been damaged heavily too.

Which red was it? in '79 there was a cherry red, then there was a fire engine red. I have a friend with a black 79 CDV with the cherry red interior. ohhh it's nice.

I ain't big on red leather, but that shade is to die for, especially with the black exterior!

#108 ·
While we're on the subject of friend's Cadillacs, here's another guy's 1976 Coupe. He just sold it for a little Benz convertible.

That's the original interior by the way, but the exterior is a repaint. 75,000 mi.