Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 662 participants last post by  Elvin1972 
#1 ·
Come on guys, let's see those DeVilles and Fleetwoods!

See less See more
#32 ·
1979 Coupe de Ville Phaeton - actually, it looks better than this now, I spent the last four days doing some hard core paint polishing, she's much shinier now.

1983 Coupe de Ville

1990 Brougham d'Elegance.

#33 ·

Has a coat of primer and clearcoat over the greyish coat of degrading, cracking paint it had; it's a restoration job. That's just to keep it from rusting further, the previous owners didn't keep it up well. The car sat for 5 years so the frame is in excellent condition. This summer I plan on doing a rubberized undercoating, seeing if I can save the vynle and potentially replacing the engine if it's bad.

The interior isn't too bad, needs work like everything else. Haven't had a chance to shampoo it yet.

G
#34 · (Edited)
Here's a few recent pics of my '91 Fleetwood. For those that dont know its got an '87 Iroc 355 motor/dual exhaust with Maganaflows and several other mods. The car has Intrax lowering springs in front (for an Impala SS), stock Impala SS springs out back and of course Impala SS wheels with 255/50/17 Hankook tires. Handles like an Fbody.

#37 ·
Destroyer -
That side view shot - with the Imp SS wheels and the lowering - somehow oozes the look of "quietly MEAN."
You know; Doesn't say much, but tickle it and it'll beat the crap out of you as 5 hit men pile out of it to do their thing as the driver sits there filing his nails, listening to tunes, until they return.
Then they drive off in the appropriate, dignified manner. But if the need arises, nobody could catch them anyway. :)

#38 ·
Destroyer -
That side view shot - with the Imp SS wheels and the lowering - somehow oozes the look of "quietly MEAN."
You know; Doesn't say much, but tickle it and it'll beat the crap out of you as 5 hit men pile out of it to do their thing as the driver sits there filing his nails, listening to tunes, until they return.
Then they drive off in the appropriate, dignified manner. But if the need arises, nobody could catch them anyway. :)
Yeah, his Brougham commands respect. If someone were to ask, "what's under the hood?" the (goodfellas/wiseguy) answer, "don't worry about it" would suffice.

#39 ·
Destroyer, I ****ing love your car. Before I saw your '91, I couldn't imagine SS wheels looking natural on a 77-92 Brougham, but man, that looks awesome!

Reactions: RedCadi
G
#40 ·
Thanks for the words of praise. Actually surprised I'm not getting the "shoulda left the white walls and wheel covers" remarks. I love the rides I'm seeing here and I'm glad this thread was started. I like to see these cars customized in a non-bling bling or lowrider fashion although thats ok too, diversity is the name of the game. Most people think the 94-96 cars are the ones to modify because they share the same chassis as the Impala SS and have an LT1 but dont realize the older ones have the exact same chassis and are just as modifiable. I recently sold my W140 Mercedes and the Caddy is now the daily driver but I'm buying a new car soon so the Caddy will become more of a toy than daily transport. It will go through an extensive mechanical makeover with either a big inch small block or a big block Chevy. Anyway, you guys will see the progress from start to finish like you did when I swapped this motor in it. Once again, great thread and really cool cars, ALL of them.

#45 ·
Thanks for the words of praise. Actually surprised I'm not getting the "shoulda left the white walls and wheel covers" remarks. I love the rides I'm seeing here and I'm glad this thread was started. I like to see these cars customized in a non-bling bling or lowrider fashion although thats ok too, diversity is the name of the game. Most people think the 94-96 cars are the ones to modify because they share the same chassis as the Impala SS and have an LT1 but dont realize the older ones have the exact same chassis and are just as modifiable. I recently sold my W140 Mercedes and the Caddy is now the daily driver but I'm buying a new car soon so the Caddy will become more of a toy than daily transport. It will go through an extensive mechanical makeover with either a big inch small block or a big block Chevy. Anyway, you guys will see the progress from start to finish like you did when I swapped this motor in it. Once again, great thread and really cool cars, ALL of them.
I usually like whitewalls on these 80's caddys, but w/w's wouldnt go with your wheels,it looks great the way it is,nice and clean looking wheels,on this model the lack of wheel bling is very nice.

#44 ·
Hi - - VERY nice cars! Love the lowered Brougham! Everyone has a love affair with these cars! I'm taking my '79 for a ride through the melting snow again today. Yesterday when I was driving my Sedan deVille a car load of guys drove by me in a pimped out ivory 83 or 84 Coupe deville and they all turned their heads looking at my car and seconds later they just about rear ended a FEDEX truck because they couldn't stop looking at my pimp mobile! Classic! Dave

#47 ·
How did you clean the wires? I'm searching for an easier way.

I love your car, I really do. But I think the reflectors clutter it up.

#58 ·
I was going to take some good ones today, but ran out of time. I'll probably get some nice ones by the lake this weekend. It's not perfect, I might still have it done in a few years, but it looks much sharper in person than before

lochenjons said:
hey benzilla - i took the wires off and filled a circular trash can lid full of cleaning solution and water and let them soak overnight. took most of the dirt buildup right off. i did some minor detailing with a toothbrush and that was it
That's brilliant. What kind of cleaner and what ratio to water did you use? I'm thinking about taking mine apart to get every last spec of dirt gone. But I might try your way.

#49 ·
hey benzilla - thanks for the feedback on the reflectors... i went through hell just deciding wether or not to put them on and figured heck with it why not. i guess i can always take them off if i get sick of them. i took the wires off and filled a circular trash can lid full of cleaning solution and water and let them soak overnight. took most of the dirt buildup right off. i did some minor detailing with a toothbrush and that was it

#52 ·
A friends 96 with a 6 Speed with 20’s .. my inspiration !Kenny
I'd love to see pics of that interior setup with the 6-speed!

#57 ·
You dont remember that car?. It sold on ebay last year, as a matter of fact that pic of it was on ebay and the owner was on here trying to sell it. Real clean 6 speed swap.
I can vaguely remember Caddycruiser posting a pic of the interior.

#61 ·
OMG !
XXL-Vete, how did you make the center console ?
I would like to have such a console but w/o center shifter

#62 ·
That is not his car, that car used to belong to Bill, he sold it over a year ago.

He fabricated that console using many different parts, it was a trial and error experiment.

Here is another console made by another forum member, this one was based on the late gen Riviera:

Reactions: VEGASELDO91
#71 ·
#69 ·
Post pics when their on.