Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 223 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast
Like Tree1617Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; That Phaeton is really growing on me. At first I thought it looked like a big penny, now I'm kinda ...
    Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Re: Post a pic of your RWD Caddy!

That Phaeton is really growing on me. At first I thought it looked like a big penny, now I'm kinda liking it.

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Eldorado View Post
    Ben, about a half-hour of wetsanding and that paint would shine like brand new! Those pics are stellar, can't wait to see it in May.
    I've thought about wet sanding, but the trunk paint is already getting thin. I still think I'll consult a professional detailer about it and see what they say. If I could make the top surfaces shine more with just a little more work I'd be thrilled!

Wheelman322 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1980 FWB Coupe D'el, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Benzilla View Post
    wheelman, you need to make a trip down here! today alone I saw six white '80s Town Cars for sale, all in good shape. And rust free. In fact, I know of a black on black one with a cloth top and wires that's for sale too. It's not in the best condition, but not a junker by any means.
    Cool. I gotta hold off on any new projects for a while. I just moved to a new 2 family and only have one space in the driveway. BTW you're Phaeton looks beautiful, you should avoid a repaint at all costs, that original paint will bring top dollar down the road.
    P.S: What's going on in May, I've been away for the past 2 weeks.

mrjoker is offline Cadillac Owners Member

my 93 fleetwood brougham doing the 95-96 mirrors on it

Cadillac Giovanni is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 86 DeVille (RIP), 89 Brougham D'Elegance, 95 FWB

I like the Phaeton alot! The only thing i don't like about it is the grille. I never was a fan of the "rolls royce" grills that come above the hood like that.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Cool Re: Post a pic of your RWD Caddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Benzilla View Post
    Okay, so I finally got some pictures of my Phaeton after the polishing, their not the best pics, but their something. The sides look great, but the top surfaces are still a little dull because they take on more sun I guess.

Ben,

May I say you've done a hell of a job cleaning the old girl up. She looks 1000% better than the last time I saw her! You really got the firemist paint to shine! Were you ever able to get the passenger-door window sash touched up? BTW, love the WWW tires.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman322 View Post
    Cool. I gotta hold off on any new projects for a while. I just moved to a new 2 family and only have one space in the driveway. BTW you're Phaeton looks beautiful, you should avoid a repaint at all costs, that original paint will bring top dollar down the road.
    P.S: What's going on in May, I've been away for the past 2 weeks.
    Thanks, only thing is, the passenger side door was already redone at some point, so it's not 100% original. What we were talking about in May is the Des Monies national CadillacOwner's meet. it would be great if you could make it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Giovanni View Post
    I like the Phaeton alot! The only thing i don't like about it is the grille. I never was a fan of the "rolls royce" grills that come above the hood like that.
    Yeah, I'm with you on the grille. It wasn't my choice either. But it was originally dealer installed at Hillcrest Motors in Beverly Hills CA and has been there since. So if I get it repainted, I'll put on a standard grille, right now it wouldn't match if I took it off.

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    Ben,

May I say you've done a hell of a job cleaning the old girl up. She looks 1000% better than the last time I saw her! You really got the firemist paint to shine! Were you ever able to get the passenger-door window sash touched up? BTW, love the WWW tires.

Craig
    Thanks Craig, it means something coming from you.

I haven't gotten the window sash touched up yet, because I think I'll just have the whole door redone. The last time it was redone, they didn't match the paint perfectly, so if you look at it from a certain angle it's a little off, plus somehow my old mechanic put a dent in the bottom of the door, so I figured I might as well have it all taken care of at once.

Great to hear from you, where the hell have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by benda View Post
    i don't have much reliable info about the vehicle. i bought it this past december with 180,000 miles. it had been repainted a few years ago by MAACO. the guy i bought it from said MAACO used the vin number to match the paint to original. the paint you see in that pic is black on tan, but the tan color sometimes look olive. it's pretty cool and people are always complementing the colors. but, once you get within 5 feet you can see many imperfections. the roof looks like it had a vinyl top on it, but was removed. the previous owner had maaco paint over rust. but you can't really tell from afar.

fast forward to this month, someone hit the driver's side door and caused approx. $1,000 in damage. the first thing the body shop i had it repaired at told me it wasn't original, it was probably just a bunch of pigment maaco had lying around mixed together and they wouldn't be able to match it perfectly. i got the car back a week ago and the paint they sprayed is better quality, but it's lighter and doesn't have the olive tint to it. i'm not exactly in love with the color blend but they told me the truth up front so i'm satisfied.

thanks for the compliments, i'm amazed every time someone comments my beater cadillac. i just have to keep them at least 5 feet away.

Hey, I was just looking through my 1979 Cadillac material, and I think your two tone is actually original. There was a color called Pottery Gold Firemist that they two toned with Sable Black. The color chip I have looks exactly like your car.

Hey, Ben!

I know, I've been off in Neverland. There's this pesky thing called life that keeps getting in the way of my leisure. Deeply annoying. Glad to see all is working out for you. Keep the old gals running right!

Craig

scurling is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '94 Fleetwood Brogham, '94 Fleetwood, 2010 SRX 4WD

One of my '94s, know as "Plain Jane".
    Attached Images

Red face Re: Post a pic of your RWD Caddy!

Here's a couple pics of my 77 Coupe de Ville. It will be readily apparent why I have no future as a professional photographer.

Img005.jpg
    Img004.jpg
    Img003.jpg
    Img002.jpg
    Img001.jpg
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

lochenjons is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1985 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham d'elegance - 1969 Coupe DV

hey 77CDV, where'd you take those pics? southern california? looks like where my grandparents live

Wow! I've waited so long to see your Coupe. Beautiful, I love the yellow ones. Yours looks perfect.

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

I think those "outline" hood ornaments are cool as hell! Kind of like the Lincoln gunsight but for a Cadillac. Did they do that any other years?

I think they started around 1975 on the De Ville d'Elegance models, then quit after 1977.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.