Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 218 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast
Like Tree1476Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Post a pic of your RWD Caddy! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Now that's one slick ride! Your friend should join up!...
    90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Re: Post a pic of your RWD Caddy!

Now that's one slick ride! Your friend should join up!

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

Yeah, I told him about CF but he's what you might call pre-internet mentality. He's a cool guy in his 60s that wears a black cowboy hat. He also has a white diamond 1994 Deville and he just sold his mint condition white 1989 Lincoln Town Car.

I'm actually thinking of buying the CDV off him, he said he'd sell it for $8000. It's always been garaged and covered. I might sell my white Coupe for it.

And here's his old Town Car. Right after he sold it the new owner blew the engine up. Then had it crushed. R.I.P old Lincoln.

While we're on the subject of friend's Cadillacs, here's another guy's 1976 Coupe. He just sold it for a little Benz convertible.

That's the original interior by the way, but the exterior is a repaint. 75,000 mi.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '14 Honda Accord LX

Quote Originally Posted by Benzilla View Post

And here's his old Town Car. Right after he sold it the new owner blew the engine up. Then had it crushed. R.I.P old Lincoln.

Those were really nice cars too. Suuuuuper plush and suuuper comfy, much more plush and ostentatious IMO than the similar Broughams. After my accident in the '92 in December of '05, I was thinking if the car was totaled, I'd pick up a real nice late '80s Town Car because they were so cheap (you could find a lot of excellent, low mileage examples for well under $3000) , so reliable, were a nice mixture of the '70s Lincolns interior and exterior design and the more modern Lincolns ride/handling plus they were smaller and easier to manuver and better on gas, and they had all of the features I craved and were ALL STEEL! That was a big issue for me after I saw how my plastic fenders gave way in that impact. But then again, the steel would have been damaged heavily too.

Quote Originally Posted by Benzilla View Post
    Which red was it? in '79 there was a cherry red, then there was a fire engine red. I have a friend with a black 79 CDV with the cherry red interior. ohhh it's nice.

I ain't big on red leather, but that shade is to die for, especially with the black exterior!
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Wheelman322 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1980 FWB Coupe D'el, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.

That's the red I was refering to. Seeing that interior really brings back memories.
    P.S: I'm a big fan of the 80-89 Town Cars too. I've been looking for a clean one to add to my collection. My father had an 83 and an 87 brand new back in the day. I wish I had bought his 87 when he sold it. Black on black with the ragtop and wire wheels. When it was new it turned heads all over the place.

wheelman, you need to make a trip down here! today alone I saw six white '80s Town Cars for sale, all in good shape. And rust free. In fact, I know of a black on black one with a cloth top and wires that's for sale too. It's not in the best condition, but not a junker by any means.

benda is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 79 CDV

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    Whoa! I dig that! What is the correct name of that color combo? It looks like black over deep olive green or black over german chocolate brown.
    i don't have much reliable info about the vehicle. i bought it this past december with 180,000 miles. it had been repainted a few years ago by MAACO. the guy i bought it from said MAACO used the vin number to match the paint to original. the paint you see in that pic is black on tan, but the tan color sometimes look olive. it's pretty cool and people are always complementing the colors. but, once you get within 5 feet you can see many imperfections. the roof looks like it had a vinyl top on it, but was removed. the previous owner had maaco paint over rust. but you can't really tell from afar.

fast forward to this month, someone hit the driver's side door and caused approx. $1,000 in damage. the first thing the body shop i had it repaired at told me it wasn't original, it was probably just a bunch of pigment maaco had lying around mixed together and they wouldn't be able to match it perfectly. i got the car back a week ago and the paint they sprayed is better quality, but it's lighter and doesn't have the olive tint to it. i'm not exactly in love with the color blend but they told me the truth up front so i'm satisfied.

thanks for the compliments, i'm amazed every time someone comments my beater cadillac. i just have to keep them at least 5 feet away.

SupaFly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Fleetwood Brougham 1995

After looking at these pictures, I have some serious detailing work to do.

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Be sure and post a pic or two when you can Supa, we haven't seen yours for a while!

Okay, so I finally got some pictures of my Phaeton after the polishing, their not the best pics, but their something. The sides look great, but the top surfaces are still a little dull because they take on more sun I guess.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '14 Honda Accord LX

Oh, off topic (sort of)

Ben, did you decide which of your cars you're bringing to the meet in May? Tough decesion, ya can't go wrong with any of 'em!
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

MaineWater is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1984 Coupe Deville,BROUGHAMS: 1989,1991 d'elegance, 1992

That white coupe deville next to it looks just like mine! 84?

85Godfather is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): black '85 Fleetwood Brougham coupe, white '82 Coupe De'Ville

85 Fleetwood Brougham after a fresh wash. This was already a year ago, I need to take some new pics. I just buffed and waxed it and tinted the windows. Also I'll find some pics of it next to my dad's white '82 Coupe De Ville

Chad,

I'm planing on the Phaeton because I'd love to take a road trip in it. Second choice is the '90. I don't want to put the miles on the '83. Plus the HT4100 isn't exactly the ultimate thrill on the highway...

MaineWater, as stated about half an inch up, it's a 1983. 49,000 original miles.

Midnight Eldorado is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Ben, about a half-hour of wetsanding and that paint would shine like brand new! Those pics are stellar, can't wait to see it in May.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.