Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 662 participants last post by  Elvin1972 
#1 ·
Come on guys, let's see those DeVilles and Fleetwoods!

See less See more
#2,164 ·
Brandon, never seeing all of your Broughams listed in one place before, I've gotta say, of those five, my favorite is the Dark Antelope '91 D'Elegance. The blue one is great, but that Dark Antelope color is the cat's meow.

#2,165 ·
So is that Dark Antelope a custom color??? Looks like its black with light antelope metallic trim, a combo never offered by the factory. The rocker trim looks good with all the gold badges though. What color is the interior?

----------

That's my old car!!!!!!! Mine was optioned the exact same way, Black Sapphire metallic, silver rockers, factory wire wheels, D'Elegance. Is yours cloth or leather?

#2,166 ·
Dark Antelope was a factory color, albeit a very rare one.

#2,168 · (Edited)
csbuckn,

I think I saw a video of your white 90 Brougham on youtube. Your Cadillac features a 500 c.i. V8, and I think I saw your friend in a 80-90 Caprice of some sort. Does that sound like you? It would be my pleasure to have you and your white Brougham to my house. I'm working on a 1984 Parisienne Brougham right now. I just built up the motor in it.

Aron9000,

Like Chad stated, dark antelope was a factory color. I think I've seen it on some little FWD DeVilles as well. Dark Antelope generally looks like dark brown metallic, but when repainted in urethane base/clear or well buffed it looks almost black when not in direct sunlight. The interior of that car is beige leather. Someone can feel free to chime in with the correct Cadillac name for "beige" in 1991.

#2,176 ·
Aaron, shortly before Brandon bought that mint, 78k mile Sapphire Blue Firemist '91 Brougham D'Elegance (April of '10), he found your Black Sapphire Firemist '91 Brougham D'Elegance for sale down in Nashville, and I do believe he almost called on it, but then a friend showed him this '91 right up here and he bought it the day after he called on it.

----------

Here's a pic I snapped back in October during a Sunday beer outing. Dave's '79 Sedan deVille D'Elegance parked next to Brandon's '88 Autumn Maple Firemist '88 Brougham D'Elegance. Dave can be seen getting into the car, while that's Brandon walking around the front of it. I seem to remember that car selling in late October. It was listed late one evening on Craigslist, and sold the next afternoon for the full asking price.

----------

Aaron, here's a Dark Antelope Firemist '91 Brougham D'Elegance on eBay now!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-Cadillac-D-Elegance-/320821949167?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4ab27a72ef#ht_500wt_118

Reactions: CADforce69
#2,178 ·
Ebay prices are silly man. Still not sure if I'd want a brown car either. And I say Brandon did well on that sapphire blue firemist car. Mine wasn't nearly that clean. Kind of wish I had kept my old car and spent about $2000 fixing all the issues(needed a new vinyl top, rust was under there, sunroof was broke, needed new shocks because the previous owner put the wrong ones on it and it rode like crap, needed a noticable dent pounded out of the fender, trunk lid was starting to rust). Guy that bought it was a big time Cadillac enthusiast, he had a 78 Eldo Biarritz, a slant back Seville, a mid 60's Coupe Deville. He had the thing in the shop the next day getting a new top put on it.

#2,179 ·
The best thing about that Sapphire Blue '91? He bought it from the original owner, as he'd gotten too old to drive and the price he got on it was so unreal he didn't even bother negotiating. I was with him the day he looked at and subsequently bought it.....that was a great day.

#2,180 ·
Last night I took a ride with some friends, American classic lovers too, around the downtown avenues of Madrid, to see the Xmas lights. Some pics of Rex in the city night:

png image hosting

free image hosting

jpg image hosting

adult image hosting

This is Puerta de Alcala, one of the most typical monuments in Madrid, trimmed with Christmas lights, seen from the caddy:

jpg image hosting

A beautiful experience. Rex run smooth and powerful, attracting most of the attention of the meeting.

#2,183 ·
I've bought and sold a lot of cars over the years. My first Caddy, a '95 Fleetwood Brougham is one of the very few I miss having sold. So I've wanted a replacement for a while. A friend of mine unexpectedly decided to sell his so #4 Caddy for me is another Fleetwood. Drove it over 500 miles home last weekend and she ran perfectly. Needs a couple things naturally but for a 77K mile 17 year old car, I'm very pleased.

Pictures! After a quick bath on Monday.

Found this in the glovebox! Wohoo!

And the first mod, of course. :D

#2,192 ·
WOW! Easily one of the 5 nicest LT1 Broughams on the site!

#2,186 ·
I like your color DBeaSST.(I have a 95 in the same color, no vinyl top). Looking at the window sticker on mine, only options were leather seats and the security package, $37,160 MSRP. I can't believe they had the nerve to charge $1200 for chrome wheels, that's a lot of money now, imagine 1995 dollars!!!

#2,188 ·
Thanks for the complements! Hope to get it titled and tagged today. Little paint and she'll be looking great!

There is actually a set of OE Chrome alloys on epay for $1,900! They haven't sold yet. ;)

Thanks for the tip on Brasso, I'll give it a shot! It's my second Fleetwood, fourth Caddy.