Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 662 participants last post by  Elvin1972 
#1 ·
Come on guys, let's see those DeVilles and Fleetwoods!

See less See more
#1,962 ·
I started off with a Buick Roadmaster Hearse in mint condition and still have it.

The desire for more of a project kicked in and I found this about 2 yrs ago. An 86 Fleetwood Brougham (Miller Meteor) it had major roof rot at the top of the windshield to just under where the fiberglass shell met the roof. I cut a roof off a donor fleetwood and welded it in. I repainted the whole car after replacing both front doors and coating the roof. I enjoy this car so much I had to find another. I even started a local Hearse club here in NOLA (NOLAhearse.com) where we have a few Fleetwood Hearses that regularly get together. Pic was taken in front of the House of Shock.

Just got this one on the road. Its an 84 Fleetwood Hearse (superior coach) has the 6.0 carbed 368 motor. I bought it about 6 months ago. I got it running. Pulled the tranny and had it rebuilt. Repaired numerous rot holes on both sides just above where vinyl top was. It still needs work but its getting there.

#1,969 ·
Yeah, that is a classic example of a MM and a Superior. Violet highbeams for the win. I use mine with a wig-wag unit to pull over tourists for doing the speed limit. If you want another set of those, I have them. One has peeled just a bit, but can easily be fixed with some paint and preferably, some clearcoat. I switched to HID's ages ago and threw in some other cusatom headlamp functions, but still have my custom violet highbeams.

#1,970 ·
Actually, one of my Minions drives a '67 Buick. We don't discuss it and she has to park on the far end of the parking lot.

Also, just for Sting

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTS

I'd drive an Oldsmobile Hearse any day. The problem is, I am down to ONE PARKING SPACE...Now I have to be picky on what follows the Lincoln...

#1,976 ·
Think that's bad? It is not entirely unheard of to have a laurel wreath on the back of a Non Cadillac Hearse, even if the Laurel Wreath clearly came from a Cadillac, but some companies slap Cadillac rear ends onto the Roadmasters, tail lamps, bumpers and all. Caprice Wagons are also kind-of common, though I have never seen one with Cadillac-integration on it. If your family was REALLY poor during the eighties, your Hearse would be a Crown Victoria Wagon painted black with a cheap, tacky top on it.

#1,978 ·
Yes Ray, they started off as Wagons. Want to hear a scary fact? Even in the eighties, Hearses were made by starting off as wagons, often times the very cheap Hearses. Likewise, some Hearses started off as Commercial-Chassis cars, such as Broughams, but without a Commercial Chassis option, so they had windows that sloped back in the corner, a divider on them, the doors still curved around the wheel because of the standard wheelbase and they were always too short...Let's find a photo...

This one has the added height to the roofline, in a poor attempt to balance the look of the car out.

With all respect to anyone who may own one who may happen across this thread via Google Search, I still think riding in one of these cheap abominations is the afterlife equivalent to riding the Short Bus.

#1,980 ·
^ I mean exactly like that. The cheap conversion Broughams are usually built by ******** with no welding certification and I honestly have seen some that I believe were built on a single shopping cart of supplies from Home Depot.

What is most amazing about them is that a surprising number of them were built in the late nineties by companies from the midwest, even though the eleventh Generation Brougham ceased production in 1992.

#1,983 ·
actually the buicks that had the caddy taillights were built off the buick roadmaster sedan and were called buillacs. This was a mid option for funeral homes that wanted more but just couldn't penny up the caddy price. Coach builders had all kinda options to dress up. My roadmaster hearse is an Eagle coach build and came with the crest package. Its still stock as pictured above. I just added the wheels and tires. Stock wire hubcaps are just too freakin noisy.