Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 662 participants last post by  Elvin1972 
#1 ·
Come on guys, let's see those DeVilles and Fleetwoods!

See less See more
#175 ·
Hey man, what's up! I remember seeing you on carDomain.

#176 ·
Sweet '86! Is that like a black or more like a charcoal?

#177 ·
Its more of a charcoal color and i got the headlights from procarparts.com under the universal parts section...but im not sure if they carry them any more, they're 4x6 projector/reflector headlights.

HEY benzilla im good, wassup wit u? yea man i definitely remember you from cardomain..still got u in my friend list. By the way everyone, i got the chrome headlight shield idea on my caddy from Benzilla.....its awesome THANKS!!!!!!

#184 ·
devilrock76, im sorry but im not sure exactly what my color code is, several years back the previous owner repainted the hood and trunk so there actually are two different shades of charcoal color, all i know is that the hood and trunk are a darker charcoal color...the sides are the original charcoal paint, but they are pretty badly oxidized and have been lightened up. if i find the code ill let you know....the newer charcoal paint on the hood also has a sparkling effect, i believe it is a metallic paint.

#186 ·
no problem 85EvergreenBrougham, although i just want to let you know that when i was converting my low beams from the h4 xenons to HIDs i found that my front left bulb connection for the low beam had melted, the right side was fine and they both still worked previously, but for some reason the plastic connection where you plug into the h4 bulb had melted.

#189 ·
devilock76---- hey, i checked my drivers door and i still could not find the code. i did find the other information such as tire size and vin code, but it think the color code sticker might have been torn off. i also did check my spare tire cover but still no luck there. you know of any other ways? what about VIN numbers, is there like a website that we can check that will give all information about the particular VIN #?

#196 ·
The color code should be on the build sheet under the heading Ext Paint or something like that. Like another poster said check the cowl. You want to find the build sheet anyway as it will give you a lot more documentation on your car.

Tracking the VIN number most days will give you the registration information and we all now how unspecific those color listings are.

When I check the docs online for your build sheet the most common listing is the spare tire cover but it could be all sorts of places. My '88 is 100 miles away from me till I pick it up tomorrow so when I get it I will check and see where mine is. Maybe yours is in the same place.

Ken

#190 ·
Doesn't the plate on the cowl tell the car's paint code?

#192 ·
Can't argue with that!:thumbsup:
Still, I have two - count 'em - two security guards at Christmas time for my Fleetwood.
One of them stands guard outside just during the holidays while the other one is with us at all times along with the other two dogs all the time.
That dog is really sneaky and just peeks over the top of the lower part of the storm door and watches what you're doing.:tisk:

Attachments

#193 ·
OF, I dig that color. Is that "Black Sapphire" or "Sable Black"?

#195 ·
Ahh ok, "Black Sapphire" was the dark blue used on the 90-92 Broughams, I'd assume they kept the same color for the 93-96's, and just changed the name to "Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic".

#199 ·
Top of the firewall. Driver's side. Check there first. :)

#201 ·
The paint code is on the option tag on the inside of your deck lid, it will give you the paint code.. most gm's are in the trunk/ spare tire cover area, trucks are in the glove box.

I work in a body shop ;)

As far as pics, i havent posted any of my car, But will tonight.

Get ready.... cuz shes spotin wire wheels and wide whites :D

#202 ·
Can't wait ;)