Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 662 participants last post by  Elvin1972 
#1 ·
Come on guys, let's see those DeVilles and Fleetwoods!

See less See more
#1,928 ·
Good idea and good Spanish! :lol: I´d rather prefer another message: "AVISO: Usted esta siendo grabado por una camara conectada con la Policia".

I have to say that everyone who gets close to the car -I often watch them at a distance- does it respectfully, admiring the car much more than if it was a new Mercedes or BMW. If I´m nearby they ask me a lot of questions about the car. It´s much more impressive than any new luxury car.

#1,931 ·
That´s right. During all the sixties Cadillac was the "Standard of the world" and that was not just a slogan. No other make -not even Rolls-Royce- could overcome it in technical advance (In fact, they finally started using GM engines and all accessories Cadillac invented); some of them only in using luxury materials and handcraft making. Many features like hydraulic valve lifters, automatic headlights, power lock, climate control, tilt & telescoping steering wheel... were adopted by common European cars at the end of '90s.

... And it´s true. For the 60's Europe, just leaving the post-war crisis, cadillacs were tremendously expensive (maintenance even more costly), so very few arrived at the Old Continent when new. Many of the classic caddies we see nowadays are imported from U.S. from mid '80s up to now. Spain was one of the poorest countries in Europe so only a few famous artists, marquises, bullfighters and very successful business men could buy a new one. In addition, the buyer needed a special import license for foreign cars so they should have a friendly relationship with General Franco´s regime.

#1,944 ·
Or put a screw through it with a washer. I have seen that done before.

Normally, as a general rule I intentionally age anything made of brass or copper that I own, but I cleaned my grille badge up with basic Brass-O off-the-shelf cleaner and it looks brand new, which is great, especially considering it was green when I got it (And had a handfull of Grille stuck in it...funny story) But I actually replaced it with a pewter one, because the brass one, in my opinion, matches my car very poorly.

Caddy HOO badges are odd in that they use only a single screw/bolt, so the bracket on the other side has to basically clip to the grille or find a way of holding itself in place. I also know that over the years, several fasteners were developed for the cars, because I have owned several different types of backings. The one that clipped onto the grille of my Brougham would probably work on the '69, but only with a longer screw running to it.

#1,951 ·
I'm an immigrant, so I know these things, from experience or stories passed down to me from my Mother's family.

Also, we apparently have our own wiki article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambino_crime_family

And my Uncle has his own too. He was a cool guy actually and he collected CDV's.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Bilotti

No worries though, I take to my Irish half and we were all just Pirates, Smugglers and Mercenaries on that side, so we're good people. Though interestingly, my Mother's Father Owned a 1938 Hearse for that very reason and used to take it back and forth through the American Border into Canada.

My Girlfriend's father, a respected Judge in Las Vegas who has lived there since before it was really much of anything, says that the trunk on my Lincoln has the same rating and that from experience, it also holds 134 large ducks.