Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 662 participants last post by  Elvin1972 
#1 ·
Come on guys, let's see those DeVilles and Fleetwoods!

See less See more
#1,851 ·
Thanks, but I've only had the car for less than a month and all credit due belongs to Cadillac, not me. In time I'll earn a little bit, but GM will forever deserve the lions share of all praise and admiration. I didn't create it. I get charged with the pleasure of maintaining it and the honor of driving it. It is nice to be in the company of others that share the same fondness for these classic rides. That's when the real bonus of owning a thirty plus year old Detroit Iron Luxury Ride kicks in.

#1,855 ·
Barbara Ann Turned Over

Barbara Ann finally made it to 100,000 miles...

I bought her in 2006 with 71,330 GM certified original miles. When I was pulling off the dealership lot, I reset the trip meter, and haven't touched it since. The 669 is actually the 28,669 miles I've driven.

#1,859 ·
Thank you CF69, she's in pretty good shape all things considered. She originally belonged to my father-in-law and he kept it up but probably not as well as he could have as he was something of a corner cutter, rest his soul. The vinyl roof is awful rough but there are no major body issues. Most of the parts I'll need that might be kind of hard to come across are cosmetic although a key for the hubcap locks would be nice as I'd like to be able to use them. My biggest expense will probably be new white walls. I'll probably tackle the paint myself but I don't have a sprayer and only a 6G P-C pancake compressor so I'll have to do some thinking there.

#1,860 ·
I think It should not be difficult finding an upholsterer that can install a new vinyl roof on your car at no high cost. Referring to cosmetic parts (including hubcaps locks), you can try looking in the "Wanted parts" thread. You can see many '79 onwards parts there. There is also a Whitewall thread in this forum that can be helpful for you. Some of the forum members have painted their car themselves; maybe they can help you with some tips or directions :)

#1,861 ·
Thank you, CF69. I did check through the parts wanted/for sale thread and just posted in there. One way or the other, the vinyl top will be for another day. I've put $300 or so into it the last couple of weeks so some things will wait. I do some woodworking so I'm no stranger to the finishing process(Not exactly the same but very similar) and wouldn't feel uncomfortable doing it, it's a matter of equipment. I've already got a few thousand tied up in woodworking and yard equipment so my dear wife and I would need to do some negotiating there. :)